Help with a syringe gun

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
twinkiewarrior93

Help with a syringe gun

Post by twinkiewarrior93 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:07 am

Yea umm every time i use a syringe gun the next time i use it, it's harder to pump! Any remedies would be nice. Thanks in advance. :D

isoaker

Re: Help with a syringe gun

Post by isoaker » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:33 am

Welcome to the forums!

What type of blaster are you using? An actual syringe or something else like a Stream Machine or Super Soaker Power Soaker? So long as blasters are cleaned after use, pumping difficulty shouldn't increase. However, some blaster pumps do not have the best of seals which get worn or damaged during the pumping process, leading to increased force needed. Thus, before anything can be recommended to help, we need to know a little more info.

Type of blaster?
Can you dismantle the pump easily?
If not, could you dismantle the pump and feel like you could successfully put it back together?
Is pumping easy at first use (assuming you haven't used it in awhile) and get harder through each session of use or is the pumping resistance just going up and never getting easier, even after not being used for awhile?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

twinkiewarrior93

Post by twinkiewarrior93 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:17 pm

yea well it says stream machine on the side. is it not really a syringe? or is it just not have a tank? my bad.
no it just gets harder the more i pump it. i read through some stuff on the site that said something about not using them in a pool? i guess that was the problem, it improved a bit after i lubricated it with soapy water. i really dont want to do that again, because im not sure what it would do over time.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Soap shouldn't be a problem for the rubber seal. That said, I wouldn't want soapy water in my eyes (it stings), so I wouldn't try that.

Spray silicone lubricant in the bore or on the plunger. That *might* work, although I admit this is a curious problem. You might also want to check inside to see if anything is clogging up the openings.

twinkiewarrior93

Post by twinkiewarrior93 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:05 pm

well the thing is that it basically is a solid piece of plastic, i.e. there are no screws what so ever. so the only thing that comes off i noticed, is the nozzle end. which is really cool for filling from a faucet. it just screws off.
so ill try that silence, but i dont think i have any of that on hand. i'd have to go buy some.