CPS 2700, I LOST THE CAP!!!!!!

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
dtfan00

CPS 2700, I LOST THE CAP!!!!!!

Post by dtfan00 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:05 am

Hello everyone, NEWBIE to this forum here lol. I had my CPS2700, in the back of my car. I was getting gas, and i close my door and it hit the cap. The cap broke off, but i sill have the string piece inside it. That shouldn't be a problem, but now the cap is gone, i know i picked it back up, or i thought i did, but now i cant find it.

What should i do? I know you can order caps, but the only ones i seen from hasbro, were MAX Ds and quick fill caps, would these work, if so what size MaxD should i get, and if not can you help me out, THANKS!!!!!! :cps2700:

isoaker

Re: CPS 2700, I LOST THE CAP!!!!!!

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:49 am

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear about your cap loss. In terms of the cap anchor that's inside your CPS2700's reservoir, you can likely remove it from rattling round inside there by tipping the blaster so it falls to the reservoir opening and using a pair of needle-nose pliers to pull it out. In most cases, you can pull it out without needing to cut it so long as you get the cap in the right orientation. From my experiences, the anchor usually can be pulled out sideways through the opening.

As for the cap, if they are still selling Max-D caps (i.e. for the Max-D 6000), those will likely fit, though I'm not 100% sure (and presently cannot verify since my blasters are in deep storage). None of the fast-fill caps or Max-Infusion caps will work with the CPS2700. At worst, you may have to fashion your own reservoir-opening cover using some tape and a small, stiff piece of plastic or hunt around a hardware store for a possible replacement. Having a tightly sealed cap is nice, but not an absolute necessity since your blaster would work without one; just might spill more water when running.

Quick link to Hasbro's Super Soaker Replacement Part Form

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:46 am

If you can't get any caps to fit, you could also try a cork with a small hole drilled in it. I believe this is often used for backpack ad-ons, but I haven't had the chance to try this myself.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

dtfan00

Post by dtfan00 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:01 am

thanks ill try that, i also thought about a 3 liter bottle cap, it will be ghetto, but it might work lol, i will have to measure, i just looked at it and thought it might work.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:09 pm

I never had luck getting random caps to work. But I got the cork idea from someone else and it seems to be a very good idea.

Good luck with this. Personally, I'd prefer if they did away with caps entirely and used large valves instead, but that could be more expensive. (but so are all the gimmicks they put on soakers these days)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

dtfan00

Post by dtfan00 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:29 am

do you drill a hole all the way through the cork?

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:48 am

Yeah, a really small hole is all you need. The purpose of this is for air intake, so your reservoir isn't getting scrunched up. The hole should go all the way through the cork and be as small as possible to minimize water leakage when the gun is sitting on its side.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare