Need QFD's plz help

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Tar171

Need QFD's plz help

Post by Tar171 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:56 am

well i managed to stumble apon this site and its the best super soaker related site i've seen. so maybe you guys can help me with a problem. my CPS Splashzooka's have been sitting in my garage for 3 years now cause all my QFD's have ether broke or disappeared. and i have not been able to find anymore and the company no longer makes them. so it would be a big help to me if anyone knows of a place i can find then or a suitable replacement. otherwise im stuck with my CPS 1000 and my SS25's

Thanks Tar171

isoaker

Re: Need QFD's plz help

Post by isoaker » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:00 am

Welcome to iSoaker.net!

As for QFDs, unfortunately, Hasbro no longer seems be selling replacements for them. However, you still have some options depending on what you are up to doing and what you have access to. If you still have one of the old QFDs, depending on what is wrong with it, we may be able to help you fix it. If you cannot find any old QFD, there is also the option of building a QFD by getting the right parts from a local hardware store and putting one together (technically all you need is a way to create a temporary water tight seal between the hose and the Splashzooka; there is no other special valves or particular fitting that is required to create a functional QFD). Of course, you can also keep an eye out on eBay for any blaster that may be being sold with a QFD.

At any rate, good luck with whichever route you choose!

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:12 am

You should have luck charging directly from the hose. If you don't want to do that check out this homemade QFD and hose valve system: http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/vhs.html

Tar171

Post by Tar171 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

also if anyone is willing to part with one id be more then happy to buy it off ya

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:24 am

First of all, clean up your posting a bit; use capitalization and punctuation because it makes posts easier for us to read.

As Ben has also said, try directly charging w/ the hose; just stick the SC nozzle into the hose, letting the O-ring create a seal and try to fill the blasters that way. This will also help with us determining if that is a reliable "universal" solution.

Speaking of that, has anyone else actually tried the hose to SC nozzle filling? I want to know for sure that me and my friends aren't the only ones who got it to work that way.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Tar171

Post by Tar171 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:01 pm

no it does not work. all it does is get me wet. so plz if anyone has a spare or a premade homemade from http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/vhs.html i'll make it worth your while

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:33 pm

That's such a straightforward build you shouldn't need anyone to make it for you. Print out the page, go to the hardware store and find all the parts pictured. Hook them together, cement them, and you're done.

If you want something simpler, buy a 3/4 inch threaded ball valve, a garden hose thread to 3/4 inch thread coupler, and the 3/4 inch threaded plugs. Drill a hole in the plug and screw everything together. You're done. You don't even need PVC cement. If you don't know what the part names are, bring a list and ask someone there. Once you have them, it should be obvious what needs to be done.

splashzookaforsale

Post by splashzookaforsale » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:03 pm

I have a Splashzooka for sale with QFD on Ebay. It's going pretty cheap, so you may want to check it out. Both are in great shape and this way you could get a filler, and another Splashzooka to add to your collection. I mean, I should think all you REALLY need is 1 QFD for all the guns you have. Here's the link, let me know if it doesn't work for some reason, http://cgi.ebay.com/Larami-Super-Soaker ... tsupported
P.S. Are these actually considered "rare"? That's what came up when I went to post it, but I didn't realize that was true at all. Just wondering what all you experts knew about it...

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Uncommon, maybe. They haven't been sold for 10 years. But you can obviously still find one if you really want to.

Bringing together existing quick-fill water guns sounds like a great way to make use of the QFDs that are still left out there. Great idea! :)

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:30 am

Hmmm.... I may have to bid on this. The zook is one of my favorite guns of all times and I've never owned one.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

only once

Post by only once » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:38 pm

i had the same problem, and went to look for some parts laying around the house. heres what i found:
find a 3/4 inch (threaded) male adapter pvc pipe fitting that has an inside diameter (of the threaded part) that fits snugly around the nozzle of the super soaker (i have a cps splashzooka as well). cut off the pipe adapter end, and sand out the inside of the thread end a bit to make it fit on the nozzle if need be. this then gets threaded into a female adapter that, after a piece of tubing, into a ball valve. the other end of this has another small piece of tubing leading into another female adaptor, that screws onto a garden hose.
the male adaptor- cutting off the pipe end allows you to push the nozzle of the super soaker into the threaded half of the fitting, which may need to be sanded out slightly.

PARTS: (also in order of assembly)
male adaptor, probably 3/4 inch
female adaptor
about 2 inches of 3/4 inch pipe
3/4 inch ball valve
about 2 inches of 3/4 inch pipe
female adaptor

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:50 pm

That's cool. But you should have created a new thread instead of posting in a 2-year old thread. The people who posted here are mostly gone now.

Someone has already made a homemade QFD, check out this page.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.