Fixing a piston problem

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:53 pm

Well, my CPS 4100 has turned into a piston gun :(
The trigger just clicks and the pumps shoots out water. How can I fix this?

ADDED: I found an article on SScentral! Doh!

Edited By Lt.Winters on 1124230038
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:09 pm

When this happens it usually means that the trigger valve is stuck open. Check the sscentral article it should help you.
E3:2006: Tune to G4 for live E3 coverage in May for info on the hottest new consoles and games.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:28 pm

sorry, but I'm trying to mod my CPS 4100 but i dont know where to cut. From my point of veiw there's 2 valves that match a Check Valve. And I've read the articles, I've read the forums and I saw the pictuces. But I can't quiet seem to get The Collous. How do I put on the inner tube?
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:46 pm

The 4100 check valve setup is the same as the 2100's. There should be pics on SSCentral with the place to cut labeled. As for collosus modding, you have to carefully cut open the pc casing, slip on the tubing, then reclose the pc.

You might want to wait a while and familiarize yourself with cylindrical pcs more before attempting a collosus. It is essential to know what you're doing when preforming a serious mod. Also, re-read the articles and study more pics of that mod. I have never done collosus, but I probably could simply by seeing images and reading a few guidelines. If you can't visualize what's going on, it might be too early to be modding. :cool:
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:41 am

There's a specific article on modding the CPS 4100 here. Hope that helps.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:08 am

Cool! I forgot all about that place. I wasn't 15 then so I didn't go on but I am now and its so cool! :D

I think I may get a CPS 4100 to mod soon. :goofy:

:cool: