CPS 4100 Trigger Broke

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
Cyberninjitsu

Post by Cyberninjitsu » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:52 pm

Hi everyone I am new. I recently broke the trigger on my CPS 4100. And im really pissed:angry: but I am opting to fix it. What can I do to fix the trigger problem and what modds SHOULD I perform while it's open? Your help is appreciated. :)
ImageImage
Water Will Just Make them Madder Sorry Even Your CPS 2500 Cant stop the power of Cyberninjitsu!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:11 pm

How is your trigger broken? If it's snapped, try the Snapped trigger repair.

Please remove your signature. A signature is that, a signature, not 10 times longer than your post. Having the scroll over those two huge images on each one of your posts is an unnecessary task.

Also, this is wrong beyond explanation: "Sorry Even Your CPS 25000 Can stop the power of Cyberninjitsu"

First off, you can't K-mod a CPS 2500. Second, you said that it can stop your power, but I don't believe that's what you were going for. :goofy:

Cyberninjitsu

Post by Cyberninjitsu » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:44 am

Ok thank you very much. Ill make them smaller. Much smaller. And ya I will fix the wording on my quote. Sorry.
ImageImage
Water Will Just Make them Madder Sorry Even Your CPS 2500 Cant stop the power of Cyberninjitsu!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:46 am

SSCentral's trigger repair article is pretty clear and comprehensive. However, if your trigger problem is different or have more specific questions, pics and more explanation on your exact problems would help the rest of us understand what's going on to give you better suggestions. Good luck on your repair!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Cyberninjitsu

Post by Cyberninjitsu » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:21 pm

Ok ill try to make it as clear as possible. :cool: First off I pumped my CPS 4100 till I heard the Check Valve. Second I went to fire the gun and the WHOLE trigger fell off. And when I tryed to put the trigger back in (allitle) so I can empty the PC and I couldn't catch anything. Thats the detailed report :D .

P.S. When opening it up Do I have to saw off the Red Pump Cap??
ImageImage

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:09 pm

That can be popped off with a small screwdriver.

Cyberninjitsu

Post by Cyberninjitsu » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:46 pm

DAm :angry: I just opened all the screws today and opened it up. I have Pics here. But where do I pull the trigger to empty the contents of the resevoir??

Please Help. I am putting the thing back together after though. :cps3000:

Edited By Cyberninjitsu on 1123109219
ImageImage

Iceman

Post by Iceman » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:30 pm

Please provide a picture of the trigger itself and that area. Otherwise i can classify the problem as several things:

1.) The plastic around the loop where the rod goes in (closest to the trigger) snapped.
2.) The trigger was ripped off the base.

Provide a pic of that and i can give you a few solutions to the problem, otherwise do a bit of research.
_

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:32 pm

In the 3rd pic, behind the clear tubing, there is a rod with a spring on it. This rod needs to be pulled in order to open up the nozzle valve. Usually the 'top' of the assembly pivots on a steel rod on the casing of the blaster. If you try placing the nozzle back into the casing, you should see where the rod goes versus the nozzle. Pulling the bottom of the trigger assembly with the pivot rod in place will pull on the valve rod to open the nozzle valve (if that makes sense).

Cyberninjitsu

Post by Cyberninjitsu » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:40 pm

The screw in the nozzle valve piston does it need to be pulled back or pushed foward. or is it thew spring that must move??
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:05 pm

The piston rod (with the funny spring thing on the end) is pulled away from the nozzle-assembly to shoot.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:19 pm

Cyberninjitsu, my monster is the same thing as your 4100 but it has the super charger on it. My gun is identicle other than the colors and the super charger ability to your 4100 and like yours, my trigger broke.

One way to fix the trigger is to use a good epoxy and reinforce the snapped part of your trigger.

The path I chose though, was harder. I took an old coathanger and cut it to the right length, about 2 and a half inches longer than the original trigger rod. After that I made it as close to the same shape as the original trigger rod as possible, with the exception that I put a 90' angle bend where the trigger had been. After that I took a sheet of metal and cut a rectangular piece a little larger than an in inch in height and 2 and three quarters of an inch wide. I cut two divits into the small piece of metal so that the spring would have something to hold it in place on the trigger. I then got my dad to weld it to the coathanger piece and ta da! My ghetto trigger had a guide. after using it and bending the wire a little bit working out the kinks in it, the new trigger works better than the old one. :laugh:

Cyberninjitsu

Post by Cyberninjitsu » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:58 am

Thank You everyone for your help. I fixed it now. Thank you :cps3000: :crazy:
ImageImage