Triple Aggressor Internals - ^

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:14 pm

Two more pics for tonight... the inside of a Triple Aggressor.

Well, at least this now shows how one can make sure the PC is properly emptied after use. However, it also shows where water gets trapped in the lower tubing (but can be emptied by pressurizing the PC and opening up the lower ball-valve that leads to the Soaker Ball.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

MaXStaR

Post by MaXStaR » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:20 pm

d00d. Somehow after seeing the insides, the TA doesn't look so crappy... still... it's no XP150....
w00t

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:33 pm

The 3A ain't crappy, but it also ain't no CPS-class soaker either. IMO, if there were even just a couple of CPS soakers released this year (i.e. a new one along the lines of a CPS2100 and one along the lines of a Monster X), there would be very few complaints about the SoakerTag line (since the SoakerTag soakers would fall into the middle-class soaker) as opposed to having the SoakerTag line as the best one can get in 2004.

For what they are, IMO, the SoakerTag line performs well for what it needs to do. People are really just missing the heavy hitters. (In 2000, no one complained about the XP series since the CPS series got augmented and the Monster series was introduced.)

However, I fear it may be a little while before we see heavy hitters from Hasbro. Time will tell how things develop.

:cooll:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:34 pm

Wow. Impressive pics. I seem to recall you don't like opening guns...doing some repairwork?

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:48 pm

Adrian wrote:Wow. Impressive pics. I seem to recall you don't like opening guns...doing some repairwork?

Adrian
I still don't like opening them, but the value for repair jobs, education, and other things has pass the point that I can no longer ignore it.

Since my favourite thing to do (apart from having water fights, themselves) is blaster analysis, it was only a matter of time before I started popping them open to see how well the internals are made.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:44 pm

Kind of irrelivent, but the pressure chamber kind of looks like the thing off the top of a paintball gun. Also irrelivent: do you think the soaker ball thing could be removed and a qfd put in it's place? If so, it would be the best backup to a splashzooka.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:32 am

do you think the soaker ball thing could be removed and a qfd put in it's place?

Based on the tubing layout and valve placement, the soaker ball thing could, in theory, be replaced by a receptacle for the QFD, but you would have to manually open the Soaker-Ball fill valve to allow water into the PC and Reservoir. The question also arises how well the internal tubes would handle the water pressure pushed out by some of the hoses.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:18 am

No, I meant replace it with the device that attaches to the hose there, that way the user could fill up other guns with it. And yes I know that you would have to recharge it multiple times before you completely filled a gun, but it would be more usefull than a 'soaker attack ball'.

Edited By cooldood31 on 1090419523

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:35 am

^ hold on.. you want to have the 3A feed smaller soakers with water instead? Hmmm... basically turning the 3A into a portable QFD. While possible, I don't feel that the 3A holds enough water to justify the change.

cooldood31

Post by cooldood31 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:30 am

Just cut the bottoms off of a pair of 2 litre bottles, attach the bottles with duct tape, and duct tape one end to the resivoir where the cap goes. this will add over 2 litres to the water storage (I've tried it on other guns an it works well)

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:30 pm

Just out of curiosity, can you take apart the mini-gun?

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:50 am

cooldood31 wrote:No, I meant replace it with the device that attaches to the hose there, that way the user could fill up other guns with it. And yes I know that you would have to recharge it multiple times before you completely filled a gun, but it would be more usefull than a 'soaker attack ball'.

Turning the Triple Aggressor into a portable QFD sounds like an interesting idea, but the pressure it provided just wouldn't be enough to charge a soaker, especially since all three QFD dependant soakers are powered by CPS PCs. This could be fixed by a stronger/removal of the check valve, but to sacrifice an entire blaster for this purpose wouldn't really be practical because portable QFDs should really be left back at base. Anyway I think that the most useful replacement for the sponge would be a water balloon filler. Now that would be useful.

EDIT:
For what they are, IMO, the SoakerTag line

I've actually been wondering this for a while. What do "IMO" and "IMHO" mean? I've been reading people's posts that say this in them and not understanding what they mean. To me it sounded like they were saying something crazy like "On my honour." :laugh: So anyway, what do they mean? Sorry if I sound stupid.

Edited By Falcon on 1091258684

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:08 am

Sidenote: IMO = In My Opinion
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:24 pm

isoaker_com wrote:Sidenote: IMO = In My Opinion
IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

Oh, ok it all makes sense now. Thanks.

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:30 pm

Falcon wrote:To me it sounded like they were saying something crazy like "On my honour."
On my honor, tis not out of mind!

USSA

Post by USSA » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:15 pm

hey my pc was white that's wierd. On a side note i cut off my spongeball thing because it was annoying me. I really should try adding the ballon filler