Max-D 6000 insides - I did a little surgery...

For questions, articles and discussions regarding water blaster maintenance and repairs.
BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:56 pm

here are some pics of my Max-D 6000 after being dissected. after this i discovered that the water tank, both the pressure chambers, and the pressure gauge were all easily removable and were just stuck in with an O-ring.

Open up the blaster:

here are the guts without the case:

the PC's, Water tank, and pressure Gauge are easily removable:

so is the pump:

to disassemble a Max-D6000, first, undo all the screws and make sure not to lose them. remember which ones go in which holes, because there are 2 different sizes. the little hole between the PC's is not a screw, it's a metal peg. to get it out, you have to cut along the seam at the top of the blaster right in between the PC's with a craft knife and wedge the two halves apart. the peg will stay stuck in one side. next, take the same craft knife and stick it under the round orange thing that holds the pump in. wedge it with the craft knife until you can get a table knife or screwdriver under there, and pry it off. don't bother with vice-grips or anything like that, just pry it off. now that you've done that, your blaster is open. now mod it, fix it, photograph it, whatever.when you're done, just make sure the tubes and things are snug in the case, put the screws back, push the metakl peg back, and bang the orange pump ring back into place. now your gun is back together.
-The Wizard of Water

Veteran

Post by Veteran » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:07 am

Nice job! I didn't want to bother screwing them when I do dissections on broken blasters, but if you were able to reassemble it congradulations!

Glad to have inspired so many internals pics :;):

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:01 am

BlueMage, would you mind if I used your pics and post as the basis for an article on iSoaker.com?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:07 pm

sure, go right ahead! :)
-The Wizard of Water

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:34 pm

Article created: Max-D6000 Internals

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

BlueMage