Fall Invitational

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Fall Invitational

Post by marauder » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:53 am

I'm hosting a 1 day war on Saturday October 7th. We can either use this as a spring board to jump start the league or we can continue in the style of the previous war I hosted.

Confirmed Attendance: 5
Marauder
Tony
Chupacabra
theOncomingStorm
DX

Battle Type: TBA
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Fall Invitational

Post by SEAL » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:20 pm

Will another weekend work? I don't think I can make it on the 7th.

If everyone is down, I'd make it a league-style game, but just a scrimmage to see how well it works. We'd have to pick teams somehow though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 am

This is the only weekend that works for a full out war unfortunately. But, we may be able to get together to go hiking or I could bring the boys to have a small battle halfway between you and me at some other date.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:28 am

Hi everyone, we are still having a war this weekend. Come on down!

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:29 pm

This was my first time at a community war and I must say it was worth the wait, even if I never got any kills.

Round 1 night OHs
Teams
Me (Monster 2001) Danny (Colosuss 2) Tony ( Gargantua)
Vs Ben (SC600) and Rob (Gargantua)

We started the game at the staging grounds and immediately went towards the Creek since we had heard movement that way. We got there without a sighting and having read the war stories we knew that they were probably in a position now and waiting for us. So we decided to make them come to us. We found a small clearing with cover for in the middle and waited deliberately talking loud enough to be heard.

We held that position for at least 30 minutes without any sightings, and so I suggested following the creek towards some noise we had heard earlier. I was to follow as a flanker should we make contact but I got separated from my team, when I realized this I moved towards the ridge hoping to regain contact. I saw movement in a shadow near some brush and asked whom it was... Silence, must be the enemy. I raised my Monster and checked to see what nozzle I was on before advancing on it, I was counting on having better range but right as I got close enough a shot from my left hit me.

Having re-spawned I decided to get out quick and find my team before they realized they had an advantage. but quickly gave up on that and decided to go hunting, I had never quite lost contact and knew roughly where to find to them .Again I saw movement and closed to range, but got shot again. Having re-spawned I thought I knew exactly where they were and fired half a chamber into the offending bush, nothing. Again I got out fast and headed to the staging ground hoping to find my team, or at least get to see both my enemies before getting shot so I could put up a fight.

I quickly gave up on that idea as there was plenty of cover for the enemy near me and so I went looking for a better position. I found one in a small clearing (it was at least CPS range) near where two creeks joined, there was a small slope down to the water and so I hid there next to a tree and waited again. I decided to text my parents that I had made it to Ben's safely in the meantime, but my phone was missing. having searched nearby I still hadn't found it, so I returned to the staging ground to check there.

It wasn't there but my team was (Finally). I explained the situation about my phone but neither of them had one on them and we set the at score 0 - 2 them. We decided to find the trap so we could call timeout to find my phone, moving very noisily it took us only 5 minutes to spring it, I was hit again and then Tony before calling timeout.

Game over 0 - 4

Round 2 OHs
Teams Rob (CPS 1700), Danny (CPS 1000), Me (Modded Pool Pumper Blaster)
Vs Ben (CPS 2500), Brandon (CPS 2700), John (Oozinator), Tony (Monster 2001)

We started from the staging grounds an almost immediately I got 10 unanswered hits on Ben and we all agreed I was the best fighter the community has ever seen. :goofy:

We started at the staging grounds and moved toward where we had last seen Ben's team when they moved out, We halted at a small wet weather creek as we spotted movement. It was Brandon out scouting with the Monster. He spotted and came within about 100' of us but did not engage. Once he left we Immediately moved away from the point he emerged from towards the creek to establish a find a defensible position on the far side. We found a sandbar around a curve that looked like a strong position but found and even better position just a little closer to the island.

During this time waiting for an attack I spotted Ben on our side of the creek and pointed him out to the others, we knew he was likely to be a flanker in a frontal attack, but the forces he was yelling for were no where nearby as evidenced by the silence and lack of movement on the other side. We tried to single him out but I took a hit (me after a failed rush). During the action my PPB tube had detached and I lost about 1/2 of my water supply, DX had also used about 1/2 of his between trying to resolve some minor issue (I think some slight pump lag) and the brief contact.

We moved to a sandbar next to an island that looked like a strong defensive position to attempt to refill. Just as we were finishing we spotted the rest of Ben's team, by the time our guns were back up all three were on the opposite side of the island. We were separated by thick brush that made advancement difficult and they had a tree for cover as well, I covered them there to hold them back while Rob attempted to move in close and land a kill or two from the sandbar. During all this we spotted Ben coming to join the fight but he was still distant, I told Danny to keep an eye out and cover him.

We were holding them well enough until Brandon pulled out to use a tree on the other side of the creek for cover. This gave him the range to push me back onto the sandbar.Rob now moved to cover Ben and I kept trying to put pressure on Jon and Tony in order to keep them from moving down to our end of the Island. After Ben came into range and hit Danny Seal hit me while trying to take out John. I stayed put and as soon as I spawned I rushed Ben, only to be hit again.

After A brief timeout because of mine and Danny's bad spawn on the sandbar the score was 0 - 5 we were dangerously close to hitting the 0 - 7 mercy rule. Ben's team moved off and we crossed to the same side as most of them, we soon spotted them further down the creek refilling and decided it was time to ambush them. We ran towards them quickly and quietly trying to catch them off guard, but Ben saw us coming just in time and made them cross immediately. They had only just crossed and were asking why he had ordered it as we came into view, after a standoff had cemented Danny left to go flank them. Rob was covering the Main group of Brandon, John, and Tony while I had Ben who was moving more that the rest and looking to cross.

When he finally started trading shots it didn't take to long to kill me again, this time because I slipped and fell on the slope near the edge of the creek. Rob switched with me to cover Ben, after he pinned Ben down behind on side of a tree on the side of the creek he called for my help hitting him. I tried to help and it was working we had him trapped, so I rushed in and was killed. Ben ordered them to "cross now" but they were slow to respond and Brandon alone had only just crossed when I came back in. I had moved off to buy Rob some time and tried to hit Brandon or drive him back across, but he had good cover at the side of the creek and I couldn't land a shot on top of him.

John crossed to help his brother and now I really was in trouble, he moved off to flank me and I had to pull back to prevent it. With the pocket collapsing and the Sprangs and I now fighting without cover I tried to slowly back up to join Rob and hopefully make it a 3 vs 2 not a 2 v 1. Unfortunately Rob had an Issue with his camo cover over the nozzle, and just as I was nearing him he ran off to fix it making it 3 v 1. I ran trying to stay wide of Ben but didn't get far before I tripped and he got me. 0 - 7.

Round 3 was an attack defend round at the Mill with an odd twist, if Tony shot you while on defense it eliminated the offensive player permanently. While it sounded good on paper the ground was a killing field with attackers spawning IN a pond and the only good avenue of attack involved rushing up a hill with no cover that was completely in range the whole time. The only offensive kill the entire game was a double kill by John against Tony using his Bio-Ooze :shock: .
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: