Battle for Little Creek

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Chief
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Battle for Little Creek

Post by Chief » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm sorry guys but I don't think I'll have anyway to make it, I'm in an bit of a tight spot right now. My car is not working and at this point it's not even worth fixing, so I'll have to get a new one which I don't have the money for, and I can't make money without a car to get to work. I looked into train and plain tickets but I really don't have the money for that either, so I'm kinda stuck right now. Again I'm really sorry, I've been having shitty luck lately. I hope you all have fun.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:37 am

Man, this sucks. And on your birthday too. Ugh.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:42 am

With the LEGO con starting only two days after I got back, I haven't even had time to put stuff away from this trip, but I wanted to pop on real quick and thank marauder for hosting and everyone else who could come. It was a really great war, I keep having to remind myself it was only 6 people, because it didn't feel like it.

Thanks again man!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey all, I've been extremely busy since I got back, but I just wanted to pop in and thank marauder for taking the time to set this up for us. Probably the best small war I've ever been to. Little Creek in the summer is amazing. Honestly the thorns were not an issue for me; when you're in the heat of battle you just kind of ignore them. My hands got full of scratches though.

The HTL-type rounds at the ruins were some of the best ever of that type. Kind of funny considering that HTL has basically been dead for a few years. Since it was all about just getting good footage, everyone could just go all out and have fun, rather than trying as hard as possible to not get hit and ruin their stats. I did some trick plays, some of which actually paid off.

I didn't like the grassland battle quite as much. Yeah, it was easy to hide, but once you were found, it was kind of hard to do anything other than run away and try to hide again. It was hard to move without making lots of noise. And you pretty much had to pull off an ambush 'cause you couldn't really fight well there. Or at least I couldn't.

The last battle was interesting 'cause marauder's nephews had to call the shots. This resulted in marauder climbing a tree for the whole battle and the rest of us chasing each other back and forth across the creek. But I think they had some good ideas.

I used marauder's SC 600 the whole time, partly because I wanted to use something different, and partly because it was one of the only guns we had that was camoed, haha. Believe me, camo does matter in water wars. Bright-colored guns are almost always the first thing I notice when I get an enemy sighting. The gun performed pretty well too. With the nozzle mod it was basically like 3/4 of a 1000/1200/2100. It's super light and maneuverable, which is a plus in thick terrain. Field life isn't the greatest though.

I want to post pictures, but they seem to be too large to upload to the board, and Photobucket is being stupid these days. Maybe I'll put them on Facebook or something when I get the chance.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:25 pm

Imgur is the new Photobucket, Photobucket is dead.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:46 pm

Hey dude I just wanted to thank you for an epic war. Even with 6 people it was still amazing. Thank god we didn't have to do another half hour long death march this time, I think that really helped bring the energy level up. 10/10 with rice.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:39 pm

HAH! Photobucket is not dead! Behold the photographic evidence of this event:

Before the battle.

Scott getting ready to attempt to dislodge something from his throat.

I don't even know what this is supposed to be.

Gangsta.

They tried to mimic us, but couldn't quite match the swag.

Burying the dead.

Here we have the Boy Next Door, the Arab Militia Man, the Hardcore Solider Holding a Toy, the Hardcore Solider Holding Two Toys, the Sasquatch, and the Howler Monkey.

Everyone was considerably more muddy and bloody after the event. This is how water warriors do things. Also, "half hour death march" is like saying "five foot mountain." :lol:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.