HOG

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

HOG

Post by SEAL » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:00 am

READ THE ENTIRE POST

Information:
On behalf of the Catskill Mountain SEALs, I challenge the WWN membership to participate in the most insane water war event to ever take place. Take note that this is not a "war" so much as it is an adventure. An adventure of epic proportions that you will remember for the rest of your life. There will be thrills! There will be danger! This is...The HOG.

You are part of an elite strike force on a very dangerous and top secret mission. After months of tracking a powerful terrorist organization, you have uncovered the location of their main base of operations, in the mysterious Hills Of Giants. Not much is known about the region. You will have to rely on your wits and any information you can gather from the field. Your mission is to infiltrate the enemy base and capture as much intel as possible. But be careful. There are all sorts of rumors circulating about what exactly takes place among those forlorn hills...

The HOG will be quite different from any other war ever put together. The gametype will be invasion style; WWN versus the SEALs, with the former on offense. You will be shuttled to the battlefield at nightfall, where you will spend the night camped out. The battle begins the next day at 9:00. You have twelve (12) hours to complete a series of objectives. Think capture points, but you may have to take the objective back to your base in some cases, as in CTF. Complete the final objective to receive the grand prize! Also note that you will be going into the battlefield blind. There will be no opportunities to scout, no information will be posted, and you cannot bring smart phones. You will pick up clues along the way, telling you what to do next. After the battle we will wind down by throwing a party. There will be music, food, alcohol, and all sorts of shenanigans.

This event will be very intense and challenging, so wussies need not apply. Also, we regretfully must require an age limit of 18 or older to participate. In addition to the high intensity, a huge amount of planning and setup is required for this event, so we cannot afford to have some kid screw up and ruin the fun for everyone else. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Dates:

Suspended until further notice

The exact location will not be posted, but it will be in Ulster County NY, near the city of Kingston.

Rules:
-Adults only 18+
-All combatants must show up the night before to camp out; absolutely no late arrivals
-Do not scout the battlefield before the event start time
-No smart phones allowed during the course of the event
-You are hit if you feel water from an enemy weapon
-Do not get into arguments over hits
-If you get hit, hold your arm(s) in the air and proceed to respawn
-Invaders can spawn at their base, and at any objective they capture, with a two (2) minute spawn time
-Defenders have a two (2) minute spawn time, at least 100 feet from the current objective
-The offense wins if they complete all objectives before 21:00 (9PM), otherwise the defense wins
-Stay within the battlefield boundaries
-In case of civilians, pause fighting if they pass too close, and be friendly
-Do not damage any property belonging to the hosts
-Do not be a douchenozzle
-Disregarding any of these rules will result in an instant spawn time for the defenders

What to Bring:
-Water guns, two (2) per person, any class
-Loaners
-Water bottles for refilling
-Camping gear
-Food to eat during the battle
-LOTS of drinking water
-Bug spray
-Hardcore guests
-Your A game

What Not to Bring:
-Smart phones
-A lousy attitude
-Anyone under 18
-Nerf guns

Attendance:

Catskill Mountain SEALs (Defense):
?

vs.

WWN (Offense):
?

Total: ???

*Note that this event will only proceed given a high enough turnout. The minimum will be set at 5v5. Start figuring out which dates work best for you, and confirm your attendance in this thread. We are planning for it to be in the summer while school is out.

Do you have what it takes to take on the HOG?

Official Trailer

oink oink
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: HOG

Post by marauder » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Sweet. Looks pretty fun. Be prepared to be outnumbered by at least 2 to 1. My big guns are down right now though, so that at least gives you a little help...
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Chief

Post by Chief » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 am

Man, I just wanted to say to you all, that the amount of preparation going into this war has been insane! It really is a work of genius in the making, and I believe this will completely redefine how we fight, host, and think about wars. I'm hoping this war will mark the beginning of an fresh new start for how we host wars going into 2017, A fresh start which some of us (me included) have wanted for a long time. This is a war that will truly break the title of a "game" and move forward into an sport. I also hope it'll lead as an example, and inspire others to host wars with a slimier and more militaristic approach in the near future.

One other thing I'd also like to add, the phrases "That's not possible", or "That wouldn't work for a water gun war" doesn't exists in the HOG. In other words, we're planing this event with the attitude that no idea could is too crazy. There are going to be all kinds of new dynamics in this event. With that said, this battle is no joke. You all better bring your absolute A game, we'd like at least an little bit of a challenge!

Oink Oink

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:56 am

This war sounds interesting and I might be able to attend. I won't know for a few weeks at the earliest, however. I'll post when I know.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:32 am

Updates! I have added several new rules. Basically made it more clear/official that you must enter the battlefield completely blind with no prior scouting. Hopefully that will make things more intense because you won't know what to expect. You are given twelve hours for a reason! Also added a rule preventing anyone from damaging or destroying property such as objectives and such. Finally, there is now a penalty for breaking rules. If you do anything that goes against what it says on the list, our spawn time goes from two minutes to instant. So follow the rules!

The attendance list has also been updated.
marauder wrote:Be prepared to be outnumbered by at least 2 to 1.
Then you better bring quite an army, my friend. ;)
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 am

I would like to petition to allow Tony and Danny to come. Tony will almost be 18 at that point anyway. But, I'll abide by whatever rules you established. I also reached out to Will about this. He's in VA now.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:07 am

Sounds amazing as long as it isn't the week of July 17 - 22 I'm in!
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:07 am

the oncoming storm wrote:Sounds amazing as long as it isn't the week of July 17 - 22 I'm in!
If you want a ride, let me know. I may already be travelling west.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 pm

This seems to be the most well-planned water war ever! Good job to SEAL and others for planning it. Looks like it will be a blast! Unfortunately I have to work all summer and won't be back on the East coast until December. I'd love to come but I just can't. Good luck to everyone who goes though!
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:03 am

These are the dates that I will not be able to attend -

April 22-23
May 6-7
May 20-21
May 27-28
Jun 10-11
Jul 8-9
Aug 19-20

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:20 am

We visited the battlefield yesterday, and our excitement for this war has increased tenfold. It is such an awesome location, and you all are in for a real treat. Being on offense and getting to see the place for the first time will be a lot more fun than defending it. We're doing this for you! If the event is a success, hopefully others will adopt this model of hosting as well.

Right now we're looking at holding it at the end of June. How does that work for everyone?
Drenchenator wrote:Good luck to everyone who goes though!
They'll need it...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:27 am

I am definitely interested, but don't know about availability yet.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

AMBUSH

Post by AMBUSH » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:59 am

Hey guys, it's good to be back!

I am really looking forward to this event. It will blow every other war out of the water. I just wanted to say that the grand prize is no joke; it was expensive and hard to find. We aren't going to give it up without a fight! We want to keep it....really bad.

On a side note, if you all are up for it, we talked about maybe having a fun/weird gun round at the party to cool off after the battle. So bring a few weird guns.

oink oink

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 pm

I am super excited to finally be going to a war after 6 years on WWN (I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad). The end of June works for me if everyone else is down for it. I just need to do some work on the Primary to get it 100%
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Chief

Post by Chief » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 am

Lately I've been recruiting people for the war, and it seems like some of them can't do it until August. I know some of you might be starting school in the middle of end of August, so maybe early August instead of June? I just wanted to throw that out there. We'll get a calendar up soon.
the oncoming storm wrote:I am super excited to finally be going to a war after 6 years on WWN
Oh you picked an good one brotha.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:45 am

Probably would be best to try a Doodle poll or even a regular poll here at WWN and see which dates work best.

I'm an unlikely attendee at this point as I don't have a car and don't have a lot of flexibility in my schedule this summer for a war this long. Plus, I don't like camping. Hope you all enjoy the war, looks like it will become legendary.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:52 am

August for me is generally clear, but I can't do the first weekend in August. I like June (it's far less hot), but do what the most people are able to attend. Make sure to take notes from that past Soakemore when it was 96 and people gave out very quickly. The mission objectives should be hardcore, yet realistic for the weather.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Made a Doodle calendar if y'all want to use that. I basically just included almost every weekend from June to August. It should help us narrow down a date.

I've also been updating the attendance list. You guys need to rally the troops! Otherwise you could be the ones who are outnumbered 2 to 1...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:52 pm

How does August 11-13 work for everyone? Arrive on Friday the 11th, get to the field at nightfall, fight all day on Saturday the 12th, party in the evening, then leave on Sunday the 13th. People are welcome to leave on Monday instead if they're too tired and/or hung over. I'll probably do this 'cause I'll have a long drive. We could go swimming or something on Sunday.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:37 am

Date is good by me.