HOG

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Chief
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: HOG

Post by Chief » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Is there anyway we could do it later in August or nah? It's not a big deal I just wanted to ask. And also by the way some things changed with people I've been talking to and if we wanted to do it in June that would work. Obviously we'll be accommodating you all over the local guests. So everyone get on that calendar and let us know what works best!

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue May 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Later in August works for me so long as it's not the 19 or 20th.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri May 26, 2017 12:20 am

I am rather late in replying to this, school, moving in with grandma (long story), and other stresses caused me to drop out for a bit, then the usual thing happened where I was so anxious about being behind on reading posts... Yeah, anyway

This event sounds totally crazy and a lot of fun. I am in for it, and at least at the moment, my summer is pretty open. The first weekend in August is Brickfair, so I can't make it then, we are also planning on going to the beach at some point, but we don't have a date for that yet. Sadly I don't think I know anyone else who I could bring, most wouldn't be interested, and I feel the few that would I don't think could handle it (local friends aren't always the best about calling hits ether).

Last I tested them, all my big guns work, so I should be able to bring a few loaners. And for the unusual gun round, I probably have enough of those to arm everyone myself, lol. If we do end up having that round, let me know, as it will give me an excuse to try and fix my Water Ball SL 175.

Given how late I am on trying to plan stuff, I'm not sure when I will be having Soakemore this year, so this might end up being the biggest event of the year (not that I'd expect Soakemore to outshine this even if I do manage to have it).
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Chief

Post by Chief » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:29 pm

Great to hear you're planing on coming Scott, and I hope all is well. I think you'll really enjoy this event. If you get a chance, please post your schedule on the calendar. I noticed there have been some changes, right now it looks like either July 14-16 or August 11-13. What do you all think?

And how dose the August date work for you DX? I see you are only free the 11th and 12th. the event is mainly Saturday, so would you have to leave that night or the next morning? Let me know if that would be difficult.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:05 am

Something special is happening on one of those weekends and I'm not sure which until it gets closer. I'm not even sure if the Saturdays are open, either.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:05 am

So now that my internet is finally up (only took them about a month), I can keep up with this again.

I'm thinking we'll go ahead and set the date to August 11-13 unless there are any serious objections. Start assembling the troops! You'll need all the help you can get if you hope to conquer the HOG and claim the grand prize...

Here's the schedule of events that I added to the first post:
Friday, 08/11/2017 - Arrive in the evening and get dropped off at the battlefield

Saturday, 08/12/2017 - Battle begins at 9:00 sharp, fight until either win condition is met; party in the evening with 'weird guns' fun round

Sunday, 08/13/2017 - Depart event, or stick around to go swimming or hiking or whatever is decided upon

Monday, 08/14/2017 - Alternate departure day
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:48 pm

Who all is planning on attending?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Chief

Post by Chief » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:46 am

I'm sorry I haven't posted here in a little while. I'll be keeping up with it more and more now that it's almost an mouth away.

Again, everyone please post your scheduled on that calendar, I still only see two members on there. And also recruit as many people as you can, you all better at least out number us 2 to 1 if you wanna stand a chance, no I'm not joking.

And okay just let us know as soon as you can DX. As of now 11-13 of August seems to be the only option.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Just a friendly little reminder that this throwdown is only a month away. If you're going to commit, do it soon. Although personally, I would recommend that you stay away. Go back to the safety of your Nerf fields. We won't blame ya. This is, after all, the muthafunkin' HOG.

For those brave (or foolish) enough to attend, this album is required listening.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Alfatrooper

Post by Alfatrooper » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi everyone, please put me down as a maybe. I will see if I can get a ride with DX or use public transportation. This looks awesome and thank you SEAL for putting this together.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Only three weeks to go! We're going to need to get a definite headcount pretty soon. I would like everyone who plans to come to please confirm their attendance, either in this thread or by contacting me directly, by the end of the month. THIS IS MANDATORY IF YOU WANT TO COME. You must commit one week prior at the very latest. If your name isn't on the list before the first weekend in August, you cannot attend.

The attendance list has been updated, and as of now the war is green lighted. If you want to be a part of the next generation of hardcore water warfare, let us know as soon as you can.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:03 am

Count me in my dudes

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:38 am

I'll probably be able to go, although it depends on a few factors not totally within my control right now.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Chief

Post by Chief » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:24 am

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:36 pm

Just a little over a week to go! If you want to come, let me know before this weekend. Several people have already confirmed, either in person or online. For everyone who plans to come, expect a private message by next week with everything you need to know before attending.

This war will be Hella O.G. Nothing else like it has ever been done before to my knowledge; not in airsoft, not in paintball, and most definitely not in nerf. Prepare yourselves...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:32 am

I'm still unable to confirm. I used Apoc to test where I'm at post-infection, and it's not good. That ~20 seconds of speed endurance is my *total* pool of it...after which, my ability to run collapses. I basically need to start over with running like it's 2003 again, which is really sad personally, but oh well. HoG may not work if I can't run at all.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Well fortunately it is supposed to be at most 80 degrees and cloudy during the war (although we're still like a week out). Of course, I'm used to high 90s with humidity that hits you like a battering ram, but I think the forecast looks a lot better than some other wars we've had up north.

Also you don't necessarily need to run much either. Can you still dodge well? If so, that alone will probably keep you competitive. But it's up to you of course.

I will be sending a PM to all of you in the next day or so. Stay tuned!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Chief

Post by Chief » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Hey DX, It's totally up to you, but I wouldn't worry about not being about to run much. Hits don't play a big factor in this game type and your team could really only benefit from you presents, you wouldn't hinder them in anyway.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 am

Only two days to go! Not really sure if I should be excited or scared. Really wish I could get some local friends to go, but the way you have been playing up the intensity of this, I don't think any of them could handle it and would likely ruin the event with their complaining. Haven't even finished unpacking from the LEGO con yet, so I doubt I will get around to fixing my 1500/2500 before the event, though I might try to cammo my 10k, so long as it's just a cover, as I don't really want to paint it.

Anyone attendants who want/need to borrow a blaster from me better let me know soon, as I probably wont bring a dozen like I usually do.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:14 pm

Everyone who plans to attend, check your inbox! I've sent you a message with important information.

Give up now before it's too late. :D
~Hotel Oscar Golf~