HOG

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

Re: HOG

Post by DX » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:55 pm

I've decided to commit. This is probably not the greatest idea medically-speaking, but I really want to do it. Most of my soakers work, I can kind of chew food now, and I still have all of my natural dodging speed. One concern though is that *someone* should still have a phone for emergency 911. I've seen injuries at events that required immediate medical attention, and if we're way out in the woods with no means of communication, that isn't the best idea.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:20 am

Awesome, just remember not to overdo it and you should be fine. As far as physical intensity goes, if you could handle MOAB last New Years, you should be able to handle this. And we will certainly allow flip phones; you just can't use smart phones during the battle. Can't have you pulling up Google maps to scout ahead...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:30 am

I look forward to seeing everyone. This is going to be awesome.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Chief

Post by Chief » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:16 am

I'll be an lot of fun. I'm glad to hear you're coming DX. Just remember food and water everyone, I'm supplying some for emergencies, but not enough for a whole team. So please bring your own.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:27 am

Don't forget backpacks to carry the food/water! I always carry one, and it is a great idea.
SEAL wrote:Everyone who plans to attend, check your inbox! I've sent you a message with important information.

Give up now before it's too late. :D
OK, I give up, I won't come... :goofy:
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:54 am

Hey guys, I'm sorry but I'm not going to be able to make this. Came down with a fever. Great timing!
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:49 pm

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED

We apologize for the last-minute notice, but a lot of people ended up having something or other that would've prevented them from going, and would've taken us below the 5v5 minimum threshold. It wouldn't have been worth it for me to drive all the way up and risk my car having trouble for an event with less than ten people.

However, far too much planning has gone into this event for us to just cancel it, so it will simply be postponed until a later date. The question is, can anyone do later this year? If people are in school and stuff, the next chance we get could be next summer. But it would be nice to have it sooner. What do you all think?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:38 pm

I start classes on the 28th of August. While it might be possible to drive up there then depending on my workload, I'd prefer to have it before then. Next weekend is open for me. I will try not to drop off for two months so I can communicate with you all on future war plans. Heck, maybe I can even make Soakemore a fall war this year!

SEAL: Oh yeah and you still have limited texting (like $1 per text or something) right? If it is cheaper you can just call me next time to say check WW.net. I actually check/listen to my voicemail, which is a rare thing these days if my local friends are any indication.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Next weekend is good for me. Meep.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:00 am

I'm going to be gone for the Army next weekend. Don't count on me to be able to attend this year. The rest of my time off is saved up/scheduled for when the baby comes. Getting sick burned up the rest of my time off.

Don't let this stop you from having it next weekend or whenever. Even if you have to adjust what kind of event you're going to have it will be better just to have it and see everyone. And I'll be better just being able to see the pictures/video.

Speaking of which, SEAL, since I won't be able to come, can you post the pictures from Little Creek? Thank you.

**Edit**

If you hold it next weekend Tony and Danny may be able to go - but not any later. Brandon would have to come pick them up. Brandon, you would be welcome to spend the night at our house next Thursday if this happens.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Next weekend won't work for me because I need at least two weeks notice to take vacation days. We've been talking about doing it on Labor Day weekend. How does that sound? Anyone who has school or work should have off then.

There will be no compromises at the HOG. If it's held, it must be done right.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Just checked and I do have Labor Day off for school, I wanted to make sure as my school rarely has days off during the semester, I think the only other one I get for the fall is Thanksgiving. My Friday class goes until 11:50 am, which should give me enough time to pick up David (depending on if/when he has class Friday) and get there before 7pm, but there might be more traffic then normal that weekend, so we might have to make an exception for the arrival time if traffic is bad.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:53 pm

It looks like we will have to push this to next summer. Labor Day weekend isn't ideal, and we're hoping that next summer will bring out more participants. It will be scheduled early (late May or early June), that way it can be pushed back if need be while still not intruding into the school year.

Sorry about this everyone. We hope to see you next summer!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:49 am

What's going on with Labor Day? If the issue is just with local people (in Kingston) maybe I could try and hold something around DC.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Yeah, a lot of locals can't make it, and I don't think we'd get enough community members either. You can try to throw something together if you want; the HOG is designed for at least 5v5, but that doesn't mean your war has to be.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Oink oink! Don't forget that the HOG will be back with a vengeance next year. Trust me when I say you will want to prioritize this over any other event in 2018. Other water wars? They don't hold a candle. Nerf wars? You're a traitor. Dinner dates? She'll forgive you. Beach trips? The beach ain't going anywhere. Weddings? They'll probably get divorced eventually anyway. If you only do one thing next summer, come to the HOG.

It's never too early to start preparing! I'll be opening up the attendance list again in a few months.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Other water wars? Portables yo. Nerf wars? Apoc, CTNO, NENO, Mechout, NYCNO, Yolostock, Philanerfia, Endwar, what flavor of traitor should I even choose? Dinner dates? We're done if she doesn't like water guns... Beach trips? MUSSELS! Weddings? Just get hitched at the war.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm

DX wrote:what flavor of traitor should I even choose?
Monroe Castle Narfs! Covers both wars 600 miles apart.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:05 am

Count me in!

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:17 pm

We're baaaaaack! Planning for the event of the decade is already underway despite last year's hangups. We just need YOUR help to pick out a date. As mentioned in the first post, arrival time will be Friday night, the battle will be all day on Saturday, and Sunday will be either the day of departure, or just a day to hang out and do something fun.

So here's the poll for this year. It stretches out over the whole summer, but we are shooting for earlier, like June. That way, if there's a sudden drop in attendance, we can move it to an alternate date and still be within summer vacation.

GET HYPED PEOPLE! Start training and gathering heads. Remember that the winner of the HOG will receive a very special prize, so you'll need all the help you can get. We won't be giving it up without a fight.
DX wrote:Other water wars? Portables yo. Nerf wars? Apoc, CTNO, NENO, Mechout, NYCNO, Yolostock, Philanerfia, Endwar, what flavor of traitor should I even choose? Dinner dates? We're done if she doesn't like water guns... Beach trips? MUSSELS! Weddings? Just get hitched at the war.
1. Not even the portables will be able to outshine what we're bringing to the table.
2. What's there to choose? All flavors taste the same anyway. But note that you're only a traitor if you prioritize a nerf war over the HOG. Otherwise, you do you.
3. If she doesn't like water guns, that's an even better reason to cancel the date.
4. You can find mussels any time.
5. Oh, I don't think you'll want to get hitched at the war. Trust me on that one. That said, I was mainly referring to someone else's wedding. Though of course you'd still want to prioritize the HOG over your own as well.

If I'm wrong, and this event isn't legendary, you have the right to draw up any kind of tattoo you want, and I'll get it. Seriously.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~