2017 Water Wars

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

2017 Water Wars

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Post your 2017 water war plans here.

Although it's too early to get definite dates I think it definitely would help if everyone posts their availability here, e.g. weeks or weekends that you know you will already have off, etc.

I have weekdays off May 29th, July 4th, September 4th, and October 9th. I will post the weekends I'm not available (due to Army/family/whatever) here soon as well. I can take additional days off as well.

Post your schedule, even if it's just tentative or in the works; even if you don't live on the east coast and want to have or attend a war.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SSCBen

Re: 2017 Water Wars

Post by SSCBen » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:23 pm

Great idea, marauder.

My schedule for the moment is tentative. To update the schedule I posted before:

- My class schedule for this semester is M/Tu/W/Th. Nothing required on Friday, as long as I don't miss too many meetings then.

- My spring break is March 13-18. No travel plans for spring break at the moment. If you all have a war then I'm possibly able to attend.

- I am giving a talk on March 24 in Austin.

- I will be running a 10K race in Austin on April 8th.

- Not entirely sure when I will be done with my class and TA duties this semester. I have a final on May 16 and I will need to grade some finals for my TA. May 16 is the last final date, so in the worst case I will be done a few days later.

- Summer plans are unknown at the moment. I might attend the Princeton Combustion Summer School in NJ from June 25 to 30, and scheduling a war around that wouldn't be that difficult. But that would only be possible if I'm working on the east cost this summer. At the moment I'd estimate around a 33% probability that is true, and maybe 50% probability that I'd go to the Combustion Summer School if so (I could be rejected or have other scheduling difficulties). My advisor has had the crazy idea of calling up some fire hose nozzle companies if I can't get a research job, so even if I'm not on the east coast, I could be doing useful things for the hobby.

- I might attend a conference in Tampa, FL in early November.

Anything not mentioned that I said that I might do or would do in the previous thread I no longer will do.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:58 am

Will is back in VA from overseas. His schedule is mostly free until he goes back to ODU in the Fall. So, that's one more person we will probably have available for any wars this year.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:59 am

marauder wrote:It seems like northern wars are off right now as there is an issue with lodging/hosting that is no fault to the people who live up that way. It may be on Scott and I to carry the fight right now.
Responsibility!? Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! :goofy:
Well I should be able to put something together once people know when they were around. Was thinking of having it a little later then normal this year. In the past I've usually had it right after colleges let out, but having it after high schools let out would make it easier for Van and Marauder's nephews to make it. DC can get very hot and humid in the summer though, so this means we should ether have it right after school lets out in June, or right before school starts in August.

I rather liked the long round we had at MOAB, not sure the island would work for an all day round, but I plan on starting out with a three hour OHS. I'd be willing to extend it to all day, but only if it is going really well, as I like playing objective based games on the island too. Picking teams ahead of time was a real time saver at MOAB, so I plan to do that as well. If we do multiple games, I might allow trading players, which will hopefully cut down on arguments/downtime compared to picking completely new teams.

I have a model train show March 10-12th, there are two other LEGO displays I plan to attend in the spring, though no confirmed dates yet. While I'd rather not miss train shows, Water Wars take priority over LEGO events with the exception of Brickfair which is August 2-6th.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 am

I Am tentatively considering something for the weekend of May 27th and 28th.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:25 pm

I legitimately have no idea what my schedule is for the rest of the year. I should know in early spring, though (hopefully).
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:47 pm

May 27-28 could work for me. I'll try to keep my schedule open that weekend.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:16 pm

I declined an internship offer in New Mexico. It was a bad fit with my background. Right now my only pending internship application is for a job in Maryland. Not exactly sure what my chances are, but I'll say 50%.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:56 pm

My summer job is set now. I'll be in Maryland near Baltimore most of the summer. I'll spend a week at Princeton too. Only weekends will be available for me between June 1 and Aug. 11, but not all of them.
marauder wrote:I Am tentatively considering something for the weekend of May 27th and 28th.
What's the current status of this?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 10, 2017 11:51 am

marauder, any updates on the possible May war you mentioned?

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu May 11, 2017 9:25 am

I don't think it will work out. There is a slight possibility we could do something on the 27th. Would you be interested? It would most likely just be you, me SEAL, Tony, & Danny, unless Scott can come down to.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 11, 2017 12:38 pm

In that case let's plan for the June war near Baltimore I mentioned in the other thread. That will give us more time to advertise too.