Assassins School Game

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Nemesis

Assassins School Game

Post by Nemesis » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Whats up!

Been too long, I haven't posted in more than a year, mostly thanks to school and my new (Relative to water warfare) love of music production.

It's my senior year, and now that it's the second semester and I'm all applied for college, I can ease up on the academics. My class has put together an assassins game, and about 100 people are playing.

Assassins is a game where everyone pays $5 and everyone gets assigned a target from the pool of other players. You have one week to "assassinate" your target by shooting them with a squirt gun or spray bottle, while avoiding getting shot by your assassin. Our school has rules that you cannot assassinate someone on school grounds, or at a school sport, function, or activity. You get a 5 minute grace period after said events to get to your car. If you shoot your assassin before they shoot you, you get two minutes of immunity.

Naturally, I'm out to win, in part because of the big prize money, but mostly because I love using my CPS arsenal.
My first target was a girl who never goes out on the weekends, and who I never talked to previously. I contacted her ex boyfriend, and found out when she leaves for school, where she lived, and that she parks in her garage. My brother and I went to her house in the morning before school, and blocked her in her driveway before she could back out. we stepped out in sunglasses, rocking CPS weaponry, and in general looking like total bad asses. I had a small squirt pistol in my left hand, and from outside the closed window of her VW beetle, told her that if she surrendered without a fight, I'd spare her a blast from my CPS 1500, in favor of the squirt pistol. In contrast to myself, she's the type of person who never want's to be late to school. That, coupled with the fact that she was all dressed for school, and didn't fancy getting drenched in the ~35 degree weather, made her surrender easily, though not without some resentment. I got the kill, and my brother took a picture to send to the game moderators as proof. In a few days, I'll get my new target.

Others have been able to get kills in unconventional ways too, like saran-wrapping their target's car outside of a practice, in order to keep their target outside the safety of their car for the 5 minute grace period. If you have any other great, sneaky, possibly sketchy ways to get a kill, or if any of you have played this game, please share. I'm going for the win after all, and I'd appreciate you knowledge.

Before you ask, the moderators re-draw targets every week, but I can get two or more kills in one week if I assassinate my target's target. In this first round, I wont likely be able to do that, because my (now assassinated) target has refused to tell me who her target was. She's a bit salty that I out-witted her, but, like I said, I'm going for the win.

Thanks!!!!
"The world is yours" - Nas

Tim

Re: Assassins School Game

Post by Tim » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:21 pm

Have you tried holding your target's mom at knife-point?

Seriously though, the car-blocking standoff has always been the most effective trick. So, keep using it! However, don't let it be effective against you. I have been in situations (not an assassins game) where people have tried to block my car. I just keep going as slow as possible. They get offended that you bumped them at nearly 0 miles per hour, but they realize you are Crazy A. F. and they DO move. As pissed as they get, you will not hurt them if you move incredibly slow and they have any sense of self-preservation.

VR,

Tim

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Hey, welcome back! That sounds like a good time. As far as I know we don't have any assassins groups at my school. There is a zombie group that does stuff with nerf guns, but that's not really my thing. I think playing assassins would be pretty cool; I can definitely see myself going to extreme measures to get the kill. Would be really funny to get like a wig and sunglasses to disguise yourself.

I like your signature too.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Movies have taught me that bartenders are valuable sources of information. You could bribe someone at a local bar to stay on the lookout for targets. If there is one at the bar, go there, take them out and you'll get a laugh.

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:53 pm

- Holy crap, jSpazz!! A bar? How old are the seniors at Nemesis' high school? Remember, he lives in the US. :crazydance:

jSpazz

Post by jSpazz » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Oops. I guess i didn't read carefully enough.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:18 am

Louisiana actually had a legal drinking age of 18 until like 1980 something. The Federal Government forced their hand to change it to 21 by withholding all highway funding until they changed. I think it should be 19. Canada got it right.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 am

Lol jspazz, despite how awesome it would be if the drinking age were 18, it's been 21 here in Kansas since 1985 :( , but that's not a bad idea. Perhaps i'll use your idea if my target frequents a restaurant or something. Tim, you're right, when i'm blocking cars, I won't use my own body, because I know if someone did it to me, i'd use the technique you just described haha.

It looks like i'm going to have to go to extreme lengths for my next target, as she is even more difficult than the first. She only goes out for CYO basketball, which is basically rec basketball for high schoolers who just want to have fun. She also doesn't have a car or drive herself, so blocking won't work unless I want to piss off whoever's driving her. I thought she was going to be spectating at a CYO basketball game tonight, but she didnt show, and in the process I alerted her friends to the fact that i'm assigned to her. This will be tough, if you have any all-purpose ideas, or questions I can answer, let me know.

SEAL, thank you for the compliment on the sig, it's also my senior quote.

Tim

Post by Tim » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:01 am

Nem, can you plant a Tile up under/inside the bumper (near a wheel well) of the car your target rides the most? I can't guarantee the car's metal will not throw it off, but it's worth a try because they are not terribly expensive. Mounting with 3M Outdoor Double-Sided Tape would be best. Although the tape can be used to secure things permanently, you can pry it off by hand and use the same Tile with the next target.

Tim

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:44 pm

interesting. I'd need to buy this asap

Tim

Post by Tim » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Tiles should be in stock at your local Best Buy. Home Depot and Lowes should have the tape (Walmart might have it, too).

Tim

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Great to know. not sure I can do that this round, because this girl doesn't drive herself, but I may very well employ your strategy next round.

Tim

Post by Tim » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:19 am

I just figured you would attach it to her parents' car while they watch one of her basketball games.

Tim

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:38 pm

I may do that. Her boyfriend may be the one who takes her to these games, but i'm having an exceedingly difficult time finding out information about her.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:01 pm

Sounds like a very interesting game type, not my style at all, but interesting none the less. If you know where they live, could you pose as a pizza delivery guy? Does it have to be a water gun? I'd try to hide a sprinkler that was gravity fed by a bottle in a tree, I hide up in the tree, wait for them to walk by, then turn the valve. I'd probably care less about winning and more about making overly elaborate Bond-like plans to soak my target, so most of my ideas probably wouldn't work. Makes me think back to an old iSoaker article about making "water mines," lol!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

Tim

Post by Tim » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:26 pm

'
Nemesis? Did you get assassinated? <gulp!>