Frozen Fury 2015 Official Information Thread

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Frozen Fury 2015 Official Information Thread

Post by marauder » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:06 am

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Today we went on a big thrifting run and found lots of good stuff. Duxburian got a few Nerf guns, including another 4B, a film camera, and laser tag gun. HBWW found some duffle bags and drill bits. David found some Thomas toys, Bob the Builder Duplo, pokedex, clone trooper helmet, and two lightsabers, and I got a huge box of Duplo (which I used to build an Imperial Star Destroyer), a Bop-It Extream, K'nex roller coaster, and a bunch of Tech Decks, which was sweet as I was just looking at them on eBay and they were 10x as much!
Rob got a camera thrifting? The thrift stores up north are awesome. There is no point to thrifting anywhere south of northern Virginia.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Along with the bags, I also found this little guy on the thrifting run.

Fun weekend overall. Not only have I gotten better, I brought in a few plays that I'd use in paintball and Nerf that actually didn't work that badly here. (At least until I had to deal with Rob's 2000.)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:11 pm

The highlights of this war for me were:
-The double kill I got with Marauder during a 2000 battle.
-The moment I got the drop on Brandon and shot him from the back.
- During the bridge battle I made a push that drove Sam and Danny back. I died during that push, but when I re spawned I was able run in and shoot the jug down.
-The dank thrifting trip where I bought a clone trooper helmet for 10 bucks.
Last edited by DavidTheDankEngine on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:31 am

HBWW wrote:Fun weekend overall. Not only have I gotten better, I brought in a few plays that I'd use in paintball and Nerf that actually didn't work that badly here. (At least until I had to deal with Rob's 2000.)
What plays did you try?
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:41 pm

You saw them during the OHS game. I basically started dropping low more often and would press forward using a mix of cover and movement. Getting in very close range where it's difficult to dodge is very dangerous and relying on movement alone when engaging at those ranges doesn't work as effectively for me. Rob and I had a few tree-to-tree shootouts, one of which also happened during Pandemonium. Neither of us would take the shot unless it had a good chance of making it. I think those plays were at least partially influenced by all the nerfing we've been doing.

Obviously, they happen at closer ranges and you have to account for the fact that streams are huge compared to darts or paintballs, and you have to account for the different arc and use your blaster to block accordingly if possible.

I think I'm getting better with the new 2500. It doesn't quite go balls to the wall like the 2000 does, but it can make some serious plays against lighter and mid CPS's like the 1000/10k and 1500.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Alfatrooper

Post by Alfatrooper » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:59 pm

Hey guys, finally have time to post a recap of the war.

Pros:
Waring
First round- I think it was the best one of the day.
Finally hitting people after three wars!
Getting better.
NIC nerf and the sleepover.
Playing with people again with different teams.
Helping to organize and set up rounds.

Cons:
People need to get up. It is really not worth waiting around for two hours in the morning. It is a problem when we can't get fighting in until 11:30ish. This needs to be addressed for the next war. I do not mean to be offensive or abrasive towards people, but I think people need to plan ahead.

Overall I thought this was the best water war I have attended. Thank you so much Robert for hosing me and everyone for attending. Hopefully see you guys soon!

Does anyone have photos? I will have a video up probably in the next few weeks. As it is, I am still going through NENO 14 footage...

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Alfatrooper wrote: Cons:
People need to get up.
MORNINGS. I HATE THEM.

HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:29 am

Frozen Fury pics up now @ Hydrowar:

https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/2015/12/ ... 5-gallery/

Please rate and comment on the page if for no other reason that to help us with our Google ranking!

I have a few more to add, and I also had some fun with 2 of the pictures you'll see. I'm requesting any additional photos by anyone who was there, and maybe some still shots from the movies.

Enjoy!

Here's a few for easy browsing -

Alfatrooper

Post by Alfatrooper » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:25 pm

Hey guys, I made a video of the second day of the war:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93MO0883xF0
Hope you enjoy it.