Waterfight NYC 2015 War Report

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DavidTheDankEngine

Waterfight NYC 2015 War Report

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:11 pm

I had an epic time at the central park soakfest. I got a team of 13 people together and loaned out 2500's, a Monster XL, Lightnings, Sizzling Cool X-streams and an xp-270 to take on the thousands of people who came to the great lawn.
I used my 3000, and met up with Steve C who was using his 3200. His friends used a 2700 and a 1000.
Some people yelled things like "what the hell is that? when the saw the Monster XL. A few ran the other way when they were shot by the backpack blasters. No matter how many liters of water we shot at our attackers, we were constantly surrounded by people trying to kill us. One guy ran up to with an air powered knock of blaster. He was so close that I could hear the hiss of the tiny little stream as it hit me. I let him shoot for a few seconds, then I hit him with my entire pressure chamber on 10x at point black range. The sound it made was hilarious. He didn't let up his attack,that is until I pumped up and fired at him again on 20x and he ran off. Another great moment was when a woman thought she had gotten the drop on Stevec, but I spotted her and blasted away with the 10x. All in all it was an epic battle, but very different from the type that the community does. There was no cover fire, no stealth, no ambushes, no taking point, no tap shots, nothing but the sheer chaos of being a high value target for carrying around my CPS 3000. My team mates were very efficient in terms of refilling, however on the battlefield they were prone to running off and going on their own personal revenge battles against anyone who shot at them. The people I met there were very friendly;one opted to look after our stuff, and another drove us home after the battle. Here's some clips we got that really do the war justice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3GzIQLZXdo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DUip3VwJ7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGxSsAgliMk
After it was over the Great Lawn looked like a battlefield strewn with the weapons of fallen warriors-not a war that anyone had one and gotten out of alive, mind you, but a war where some horrible cataclysm destroyed both sides, evaporated the bodies and left nothing but a mass of ruined weapons in its wake. Amongst the wreckage of all the $1 piston guns, it was a great suprise to find some real super soakers:
I also saw Van James afterward and spoke to him for a bit. He and his friends did a Nerf battle but I couldn't see them amidst the 65,000 water warriors present. I'd like to hear his take on the war!
Here's the best for a last, Stevec and I with our backpack blasters taking on the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Se2c8K31fY

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Waterfight NYC 2015 War Report

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Size Intimidation, and not the good kind either. This is why I would favor my XP 150 to a heavy CPS cannon if I didn't have squad coordination on my side in a mass soakfest.

this war looks like it was a blast.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:26 pm

There has been talk about the whole coming to this one year, it looks pretty crazy. I doubt I could handle it though, I don't really do crowds and would probably end up freaking out and clubbing someone with my blaster trying to get away from all the noise.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Dude, those pictures are so awesome. Looks like a blast. I really wish I could have gone.
scottthewaterwarrior wrote:would probably end up ... and clubbing someone with my blaster
I've actually seen this happen before. In the 2nd Vermin War my squad was the advance party (distraction) of a pincer attack. After we had occupied their attention my friend's squad rushed in from the other side of the battlefield completely blindsiding them. My friend Daniel ran up to this kid with a 250 who happened to be on my baseball team and buttstroked him in the face with his 1200, knocking out (or chipping a good chunk off rather) one of his teeth in the process. To add salt to the wound Daniel stepped on the guy's (who was actually older than him) chest and shot him in the face at point blank range with a 1200.

Looking back it's pretty ***** up, but Eric never did sue or anything. He actually wore it as a badge of honor and we were considered badasses around town/school. Everyone thought water wars was so hardcore.

Pretty messed up. But also pretty funny.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Snoop Doggy Doge

Post by Snoop Doggy Doge » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Lol I ended up chasing down a few people with cheap blasters, I got shot at a bit but nothing really happened (had a ESLT Pimped out which made peoples head turn) The war looked like fun and from all the other people talking about it around me it was fun. It was basically a massive soakfest,

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:14 pm

Snoop Doggy Doge what is an ESLT?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Snoop Doggy Doge

Post by Snoop Doggy Doge » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:26 am

It's homemade blaster,
http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/Snoop ... b.jpg.html

that's an earlier version, it has a few more changes but it fire nerf darts lol.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:44 pm

Looks fun, but it seems like everyone's just standing around! I like to fight on the run.

At any rate, while our community may be the smallest, no airsoft/paintball/nerf event ever draws close to that many people. So offline, water guns are the most popular, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.