Still in the planning stages.
Current candidate weeklong plan:
Friday to Monday, 10 days
First weekend: Stock Nerf, NIC and paintball mixer
Week: Assorted shenanigans, skirmishes (WW and NIC), scouting, workshop build parties, show and tell, etc. Maybe we can drive north to a campsite and skirmish somewhere.
Last weekend: Standard community water war schedule
Feel free to discuss availability and gameplay expectations. If you're looking for 6 hour water wars over large woods, be aware I don't have a lot of locations scouted out and that not many people will be playing. Edit: Scouting is a work in progress. See lower posts.
If you're looking more to screw around and try random sorts of games, you're in the right place.
As usual, we will play day and night, rain or shine, regardless of game. I will try to organize/time the Nerf games to get some of that group around as well.
Again, still in the planning stages. Discuss what you'd actually do around the candidate plan. I'm obviously looking a bit outside of the standard water war weekend and am trying to get something together with a little more variety, and whether or not that works is really up to everyone I invite, especially you guys.
Edit: Adding candidate weekend-only plan:
- NIC Daytime: NIC style nerf played during the day. Contingent on our community's interest and availability of equipment. Will definitely try to get some OH nerfers for this if we choose to do so.
- Nerf Nighttime: NIC or stock nerf nighttime. My backyard only.
- WW Daytime: Standard stuff.
- WW Nighttime: Adrenaline rush only night wars can deliver.
Alternative Game Types:
- Paintball: $20 per person (covers all rentals and 500 rounds) at Lone Wolf West/East. (Decided via popular vote. West is pure terrain paintball in the woods, East area has smaller/more fields, indoor tiny CQB field, a laser tag venue, and a thrift store)
- Disposable Ammo Shootout: Using .50 cal low impact paintballs or Xploderz ammo launched out of custom nerf/homemade blasters and equipment, and requires only safety goggles. (Full seal preferable.) Playable anywhere water wars are playable. Paintballs are more risky, Xploderz ammo leave no trace. 250ish FPS (higher for Xploderz) limit. Very experimental and contingent on equipment availability. PM or Facebook message me if you want to get more involved.
- Large Woods: Bald Mountain State Recreation Area, (scouting others, potentially some parks along the Clinton River near Clinton Township): Daytime water wars only.
- Small Woods/Park: James C. Nelson, Firefighters, Raintree, Huber, or River Woods: These are pre-scouted areas that are small (by our standards) but contain enough variety of open area, park structures, and woods gameplay. All of these places have either tap sources, natural sources, or both. Day or night water wars, or daytime nerf.
- My Backyard: Supports any nerf, water war, or lite paintball game, day or night.
Friday Night: HBWW Workshop & Armory Tour, Backyard Wars (WW light primaries or NIC)
Saturday Night: Backyard Wars (WW light primaries or NIC)
Sunday Morning: Small Park
Sunday Afternoon: Small Park
Sunday Night: Mod party, gaming, assorted shenanigans. Or night wars.
Monday Morning: Mod party, gaming, assorted shenanigans.
Saturday and Sunday's main events can be swapped with each other. In addition, some of the "Small Parks" can support NIC gameplay as well as WW night wars, should we be inclined to do so. (This could be our first shot at night wars in the woods for a while; our "standard" woods are a bit too unruly for this.) My backyard supports both NIC and water wars gameplay, but water wars are best at night.
Will reorganize this post later. Too much going on right now.