2015 Hardcore (possible 24hr) War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

2015 Hardcore (possible 24hr) War

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:09 pm

Background Information
I'd like to go ahead and start tentatively planning a "hardcore" war that I plan on hosting later this summer or fall. With the way things are looking there's a high chance I'll end back up in Clayton. If this happens I've already planned to get a house at the back end of Riverwood that borders the mountains to the sea trail (there are a large number being built right now) and the Neuse River. Because I'm a veteran I don't have to save up for a downpayment, I only need a job to get a veterans loan; and since good sized houses on the river trail are only $160-$200k I only need to secure a job making in the mid to upper $30ks. If I can get a house then everyone can stay there and no one needs to worry about getting a hotel. I've already talked with Tiff about this. We can provide food and everything, and even help out with transportation if it's an issue. I want as many people as possible to make this (so Stephen if you need to leave early to make Church, we can accommodate you), but at the same time, the point of this war is not about max #s, it's about the gameplay.

Part of the planning will center around this, and part of the planning (such as gameplay) will be flexible and will be able to applied wherever I end up.

Tentative Date: between Sep 2015 and Apr 2016

Battlefield
(Tentatively) https://www.google.com/maps/place/Clayt ... 738,1789m/
North Carolina Mountains to the Sea (aka Neuse River) Trail, Clayton, NC.

This is public domain, so we can use it 24 hours a day. The Neuse River (aka Goose Creek) and Marks Creek offer watersources and unique battlefield environments. The area looks a lot like the flood plains at Saint John's Wood.

Gameplay
1hk or 1hs. No short rounds. No hold the line. No single flag CTF. Possible chaos round(s) and weapons stipulations. Potential objectives other than simply make as many hits as possible. Possible rivalry, but I'm leaning towards not. Possible 24 hour fighting, but only if enough people want to do this. I want to mix the unexpected with longer rounds and high stakes scenarios. Anything to cause as much searching, running, and ambushing as possible. Definite night rounds.

Recommendations?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Re: 2015 Hardcore (possible 24hr) War

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:02 pm

This sounds cool, I will have to look into attending. so while I am unable to confirm attendance "at this time", I am also unable to say that I'm not.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:08 pm

I wouldn't think that anyone could confirm attendance this early, we don't have a full set date or location, just that I definitely plan on having this. This is mostly for discussing what you'd want to get out of this.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:31 pm

I can't talk for long, but I will say that I'm definitely interested in coming. However I don't know if I'll be able to make it after late August this year 'cause I'm moving away for school. I know we talked about doing a war like this sometime this spring in Cedar Hill (where we did FF '14). DX said he was still interested in doing it when I saw him the other day. That would be a lot easier for me to get to, but it might not draw as many people.

I'll have to get back here when I finally get some free time. I hate schoolwork.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:10 pm

It would be built around the school schedule, so if you couldn't come during the school year it would be over fall/Christmas/spring/summer break.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon May 18, 2015 2:28 pm

If we're going to be out and about for a long time, I'd prefer a time that wouldn't also be appropriate for Frozen Fury. (i.e. When I'm not freezing my ass off.) Also need to keep in mind the lack of vegetation at certain times of the year, which could make a major impact on how the games flow. I think early fall or mid to late spring would be ideal; we already have Frozen Fury for the cold days and have enough decent locations for it.

Something about "OHK" and "24-hour war" doesn't ring quite right with me, if only because I'd probably be the first one eliminated. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon May 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Haha, all fair points. No, you're right, I'm definitely not going to host this war between November and mid March. It's probably best to plan for next spring or summer.