The Larami Revolution, Delaware River Campaign

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

The Larami Revolution, Delaware River Campaign

Post by DX » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:49 am

[align=center]Image[/align]

The year is 1777, a turbulent time for Soakerdom. After a lengthy trade war, the mighty Hasbro Empire invaded the Free States of Larami and defeated it on the field of battle. Larami has now been consolidated into the Empire, but not everyone has given up the fight just yet. A rebel army, called the Water Warriors, has risen up and vowed to win independence from Hasbro. With secret aid from powerful ex-Larami statesmen, the Water Warriors have been able to retake some Larami territory and turn their small uprising into a full-fledged war.

Now, Hasbro has decided to go on the offensive and put down the revolution. Hasbro has not seen much success thus far, as its ability to win hearts, minds, and wallets has waned over the years. After careful map analysis, its planners conclude that the Water Warriors win because they are able to support each other. When Hasbro threatens in the north, fighters pour in from the mid-atlantic, south, and inland frontier. The same happens when the other regions are under attack. In order to win, Hasbro needs to divide the states and prevent the Water Warriors from reinforcing each other.

So, Hasbro sets its sights on the Delaware River, a major water feature that all must cross in order to move between the states. The Empire deploys a naval force at Milford Beach with orders to travel downstream and secure control of the river at least as far as Labar Island. However, the Water Warriors have been warned of the plan by allies in Hasbro and rush to defend the river. Larami forces fortify several islands and deploy their own navy.

Who will emerge victorious? You decide!

Date: TBD (at least 2 days of play/river travel)
Location: Milford Beach Access, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, Milford PA
Map: See Page 2 of the PDF

About this War:
This will be quite different from a normal community war, if we are able to put this thing together. The entire adventure is naval, with kayaks and canoes (we can either bring or rent from the park). In the Water Gap recreation area, both river banks and most of the islands are public property, so we can fight on them. There are campgrounds along the way to use at night.

The war will be similar to rivalry wars where the teams are preset, but this time, there is an overarching storyline. One team represents the Hasbro Empire, can only use Hasbro (including CPS) soakers, and primarily attacks. One team represents the Water Warriors, can only use Buzz Bee soakers or Larami pre-1995 soakers, and primarily defends. Homemades and off-brands are fair game for both sides, although you'll gain more points in each scenario when you use your designated brands.

Unlike a normal attack-defend scenario set, this war's playlist will respond to how the teams are doing, like those books with alternate endings. If the offense starts losing scenarios, they may end up on the defensive in the next one! Success in the early battles will bring advantages in later ones, especially the final battle.

Attendance: (2)
Duxburian
CA99

Rules: TBD
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: The Larami Revolution, Delaware River Campaign

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Is this a RPG or a war proposal?

Either way the back story was pretty good.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Can add me to the attendance list since I'll be prioritizing this. There's always a chance that timings and situations change in some strange way that prevents me from attending, but we'll see.

Gotta get the whole crew in. SEALs, Ben, etc. I wonder if we could get our regular rivalry teams in on this.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:13 pm

the oncoming storm wrote:Is this a RPG or a war proposal?
This is a proposal for an actual war/exploring event. The route also passes through Bushkill, PA...those enlightened few know why that's significant...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:33 am

Tell us more about how the fighting would respond to the situations and what kind of battles we'd play. It sounds intriguing.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:05 pm

Yeah, how exactly would this work? Would each team start at opposite ends and go towards each other, using any banks and islands along the way? I guess that sounds pretty cool. I'll definitely try to come if I'm free.

Ahh, Bushkill. The world's most noticeable town...not. Are we planning to go golfing? Better come prepared...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.