2015 WaterWar.net Community Wars

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: 2015 WaterWar.net Community Wars

Post by marauder » Fri May 01, 2015 10:20 am

For better or worse I'm more likely (perhaps certain) to be able to make 2+ days of Frozen Fury than I am for Pandemonium. If all goes as planned I will still be in training on my job in August and wouldn't be able to leave until 5pm on Friday to come to Pandemonium, and I'd have to be back by 9am Monday, whereas by November I'd be working my weird shift set where I'd have an entire week off each month plus another 4 day weekend to work with.

Things may change though, so I'm just putting it out there for now.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri May 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Duxburian wrote:The list of possible houses is shortening and given the current locations, I will be able to continue hosting wars.
Oh, cool. That means I won't have to deal with it, haha. But I am of course willing to help out in any way I can. Pandemonium sounds like it'll be pretty awesome. marauder, are you still planning to host something? I do not know if I'll be able to make it to Frozen Fury or not; the chances are lower than they were last year. Either way, I know of a few possible abandoned locations, though none of them are near where Duxburian lives. I also have an extremely epic idea for a water war, but I'll fill you in on that later when I make sure of a few things... It would require me hosting something near here though, and I don't know if that's feasible.

Someone with texting should message Scott and ask him what's up.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat May 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Yeah I am, but it will probably be next year. Getting settled takes a while. I'll be in training from June to October, which means I won't have anything off other than 2 day weekends, and some of those will be army weekends. I also would like to have my own place before hosting, just so y'all have a free place to stay and we have a better base of operations. My old house will be full with me, tiff, my sister, and my dad.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 03, 2015 10:52 am

So, we're bidding on a house in the middle of the Aspetuck Valley Trail in Centennial State Forest. The trail system has recently been extended to connect to the Saugatuck Reservoir, a total length of 20 miles. With connections to Huntington State Park in the north and Devil's Den in the south, we may have around 18,000 acres to work with. I'm hoping to find manageable-sized chunks to fight in, but it'll take a while just to explore all this.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon May 04, 2015 7:26 pm

If we're quiet enough, we can run some pretty good night wars around my area with minimal trespassing. Neighbor's dog gets jumpy, so definitely stay away from that particular house, but my yard makes for, IMO, pretty good close quarters games. For woods based maneuvering warfare, I'll have to actually scout the places I marked on Google and never found the time to do that. MI is supposed to have great places for that, but I just haven't went out to look yet. (Too busy playing paintball/Nerf. =p)

Of course, that depends on who's up for the MI drive. Scott's made it here once during the winter, so I'm sure the rest of you guys can. That said, I HAVE been talking about this for at least 2 years and never managed to host anything yet. There's going to be a lot going on this summer too: a MI exploration road trip, Apoc, everyone else's community wars, nerf wars, etc.

Gotta make this summer a good one.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue May 26, 2015 1:21 pm

So it looks like I probably won't be hosting any major wars this year. I had some plans to hold a war in a large cave network in my area, but I think it might be a little too sketchy to pull off. A small skirmish in there might be cool though. But if you guys really like the idea of fighting in a cave (how's that for something different?), I could see about setting something up. It'd be in July, in between Soakemore and Pandemonium. And that's only if SAMMIT (love the name, by the way) doesn't happen. What's the deal with that anyway?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 26, 2015 2:41 pm

I may end up re-scaling my plans, possibly cancel the weeklong thing and just have a weekend of games, depending on popular demand. I scouted a park, of which I'll post the details of in the main thread.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:51 pm

HBWW, if you aren't going to host a war, then I would like to see about putting together a cave war in July. After getting to explore the giant cavern I mentioned above (with DX, HBWW, and Scott), I really want to try fighting in there before I move away. My friend did airsoft in there, so it's definitely possible, and there are no signs anywhere that prohibit entry. It'll probably end up being a smaller event, maybe just one day. But even if we only get like six people, I feel like it will still be very intense.

If y'all are interested, I will make a post with details soon.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:02 pm

I'm super interested, but I'm basically getting killed because I don't have a job yet, so I can't go to anything.