Frozen Fury 3 [New Haven CT] November 28-30th, 2014

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Frozen Fury 3 [New Haven CT] November 28-30th, 2014

Post by HBWW » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:04 am

@alfatrooper: Our team (Havoc) has the most nerfers. (Well, just Rob and I.) Join us!

When the hell did we want to move the rivalry to Sunday? I thought that was the day a lot of people are least likely to attend.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:24 am

Nick can no longer make it, which would make it me, Ben, Zach, Sam, Danny, and Tony vs you, Keith, Scott, Jon, and maybe Bailey. If that's what I have to do for 6 hours, and it's the only rivalry round, then I just fucking concede it, we all know who wins that so fuck that being the only round. I recall that you are not particularly fond of highly unbalanced rounds...Scott would rather go back to the car than play one, so that's pretty hypocritical to center the rivalry around a lopsided roster. OHS rewards strength, no matter how few people you have, and it murders weakness, no matter how many people you have.

I would much rather have the nephews play on Saturday, in some varied rivalry games to get their competitive juices flowing, and then not have them on Sunday. They will probably be too tired on Sunday to even come anyway (remember Pandemonium). I'm not even sure who is able to come on Sunday.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:41 pm

My posse is all coming both days. Unfortunately I may not be able to do anything before the war. My mom got sick, so I drove to Nc for a few days to visit. That means I will be catching up on final projects next Monday and Tuesday. It also means I can't meet up with Stephen before hand, cuz the route to clayton didn't go through Knoxville, but I will make that a priority next time.

I don't have much time to analyze what was said, but are we still doing rivalry both days? Minus the VIP round of course. Rob and Sam I need to talk to you soon. Sam, can you please bring the metal internal parts for that broken 150? Do Keith or Scott have texting? I may have a friend coming, hope to know for sure soon.

Keep Nick and his family in your prayers
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:40 pm

The what?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:02 pm

Internals for the broken 150 you sent me. The metal parts only. Specifically I need the metal lever connecting the trigger to the firing pin. That would really help me out.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm confused. The schedule says rivalry 1HS on Sunday. What difference does it make whether or not we do them on Saturday? Unless you made that list before realizing Belisaurius couldn't come (my condolences; let's dedicate the war to him and his family!). Either way, I'm fine with skipping the rivalry. Jon's not coming and I dunno if I'll have more than like three team members. Bailey said he's down, but doesn't know his schedule yet. Aside from that I have no idea.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:38 am

Sorry to pull this off topic a bit but, what happened to nick and/or his family?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Area51

Post by Area51 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:44 am

what up guys area51 guys i think if possible we should have a rivalry again since we haven't had one in three years like we could have a ultra hardcore water war
-=super midget=-

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:46 pm

Yup, the rivalry is planned. You only have to read the other 5 pages of the thread to see the details. :) GIT CLUBBED, SEALS.

*ahem, anyways...

There are likely to be some big changes coming to the schedule. Who here will be able to make it earlier on Friday? My flight arrives that morning, so I'd be able to play all day. I know Scott may not be able to until evening or so. From what I'm aware of, the rest should be able to attend Friday games at least for half of the day.

Weather: forecast shows 34 for Friday, lower and upper 40's for the weekend, so we should be good.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:00 am

Earlier on Friday is no longer going to work. If we are able to even do anything on Friday, it would be late. It's still looking to be a Saturday and Saturday night-only war. I'm still frustrated/disappointed at how things have turned out, and probably will not host another 2 day FF. Pandemonium will be my major 2 day war in August, probably date-locked to the same weekend every year in order to maximize turnout, and FF will be one day around this time, or a multi day lower key event. Basically, you could consider FF as a live playtest for Cedar Hill as a permanent location candidate for Pandemonium.

Note that heavy snow is forecast on Wed/Thurs. There may be severe travel delays on Friday as delays from Thurs linger over. I would plan for there being snow on the ground during the war, although New Haven is closer to the coast and therefore there should be less of it and it should melt faster.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:21 pm

I don't believe in "low-key" events in WWn; anything that happens is a big deal.

Safe travels, everyone.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:52 pm

Why are we not fighting Sunday? We are all still going to be here and Sunday has by far the best weather.

Friday 27/33
Saturday 36/40
Sunday 41/50

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Long story short, plans have been going in a bit of a blender lately, but we're figuring it out.

Sunday fighting will resume, but it'll most likely be off to a late start due to a variety of factors. If we do fight in the morning (which rarely seems to happen as planned due to people getting tired by that day), there will possibly be a few hours of lunch break between. The alternative is to plan for a late morning, and having Saturday night warfare extend a little more if we can.

The shifts in the plans are because there's something else going on. A Nerf war which both Rob and I have some interest in attending, is going on about a mile away from the water war site. If we have enough players in on Sunday for some good games, we may just skip this nerf war entirely. If we have only 4 players available on Sunday, we'll probably head out to the nerf war for most of the day.

Rob's very busy at the internship. We need to lock down attendance though, and Scott is unable to make it.

I may have to take charge with the OP to clean things up and keep it updated. All attendees' assistance/cooperation in keeping the chaos under control is appreciated.

For now, I need to work on Saturday and Sunday's head count, but I have to go to sleep and work my last day of the week tomorrow. Any information you can post on this will help. I will need to talk to the SEAL bros in particular, because we aren't able to do a proper rivalry game anymore.

Some things have gone south, but we still have plenty of means to make this a great war. We still have enough players and a good outdoor venue. Ben, Rob and I will coordinate and make sure things like your hour+ long wait last year doesn't happen again.

tl;dr:
- No rivalry.
- Sunday wars might start late.
- Sunday wars are dependent on head count.
- Rob and I may crash the nerf war or something. Or we may play, or disregard it completely.
- Let's have a kickass weekend!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:53 am

So, Scott can't come either day? Or he's just coming Saturday and can't make Sunday?

The boys and I are good for both days.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:59 am

Scott can't come at all.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:08 pm

That's a shame. My friend Jonna is coming though. So if Brandon and Keith come that's 8. It will still totally be worth it. Just adjust your expectations. This will be a fun war with good scouting for Pandemonium next summer. The location and hanging out with friends alone will be worth it. I had 2 rounds of 3 v 1 manhunt on Monday and that was awesome. We can still come up with some good battles.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Manhunt is always fun, provided the location accommodates for it. Night time helps.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:18 pm

Well I hate to bring more bad news, but Bailey can't make it and neither can anyone else I asked. In addition to that, I had the flu last week and I'm still not feeling 100%. But as long as it doesn't get worse, I should be fine to come, even if my ass-whooping skills might be diminished.

Well at any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing you guys. So is the plan still to meet up at the location on Saturday morning? What time? If we are doing stuff Sunday, I could probably stay overnight, but otherwise I'll just leave Sat. night.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DX

Post by DX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:08 pm

After a lot of conversations, I've decided to commit to a full day of fighting on Sunday. 10 AM starting time, we'll play until dark, playlist for Sunday coming soon and revised Sat playlist too.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:57 am

So where exactly is the parking? Also, are there still weapon restrictions? So assuming I feel better by the time of the war (if I don't I'm gonna be pissed; this has gone on for far too long), the current plan is to arrive Saturday morning around 8:30 to 8:45, stay overnight, then leave Sunday evening.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~