[CT] Pandemonium 2014 (August 15th-18th)

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: [CT] Pandemonium 2014 (August 15th-18th)

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:22 pm

GET HYPE!!11!111!11

(http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hype-train)

Also getting packed for a good, wholesome game of Cards Against Humanity. Had a good game yesterday (that followed a water and Nerf war), and I hope we can set time aside from all the shooting to go again. Friday night would be good, I guess, or Monday afternoon.

Edit: Also gotta put in a night wars request: Manhunt! Requires lots of darkness and cover. One player or a team of 2 plays against everyone else and sees how many hits they can rack up. The individual or team of 2 obviously gets a head start; a few minutes to head out and set up their first ambush/etc. Perhaps we can give them a few lives depending on the number of players, but we don't want the game to drag on too long so that everyone has a chance to play as the hunter.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 pm

I just talked to Tony and Danny's mom today and they are pretty excited about going. Should they bring their guns or would you rather have them use loaners? It would be a good idea to call them and let them know.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 am

Both. They have the Stingray and MD3k, and we have loaner P2's on-demand.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:07 am

I can bring some Hydro Power stuff for them if the need it, I've got two Vanquishers and 3 Vindicators that I can bring.

Duxburian: How long do you want me to stay for this event? I know the event itself is just the weekend, but my dad isn't coming this time which means I can stay longer if you want to explore battlefields and such. Just let me know because my parents are going out of town on Tuesday which means if I stay later then that I will have to ask my grandpa to feed my cats.

Really exited for this one, I'm still out of shape, but unlike most of my local friends my will to do battle can override that most the time.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:50 am

So as of now, Bailey is available for the whole weekend! Both my brothers are also coming so I'll have a total of four from my side. When is a good time to be there? Like 5? Also, have you invited all the members who live nearby (wetmonkey, thelaminator, etc.)?

I agree with CA99 that we should play Manhunt on one of the nights. On that topic, I really hope DX is working on the playlist right now. I leave in four days! I mean, if we don't come up with one by then I'm fine with just all-day 1HS both days, but some may not be into that. Luckily for you guys, I'm getting over a slight cold and haven't had much time to work out, so you probably won't have to worry about me going beastmode on y'all...haha. :p
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:51 pm

Please take lots of pictures since I won't be there! The boys also have a WWF Stone Cold, Undertaker, and 2 21ks which they have some difficulty pumping. It would be pretty interesting to see the boys use a Vanquisher. That's easier to handle than a Vindicator right? Tony had some trouble with that, but that was also 2 years ago. They did pretty well with the WWF guns, Python 2, and XP 150. Manhunt is awesome. Looks like the attendance is going to be pretty good after all.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:10 pm

The best time to arrive is Friday evening or night. I need to pick CA99 up from the airport, so it will be pretty late when we get there. My parents will be home, so you can arrive at whatever time, though.

Unfortunately?, I now have an internship and it was totally unexpected (I went from touring the place to sitting at a desk there in the span of 5 days). So, I would not advise staying longer than Monday morning. You are welcome to, but I will be out the door by 8 AM at the latest and won't be back until around 6:30 PM. This also kind of dooms the Friday night rounds unless you just want to have some games around my house until midnight.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:23 am

Okay, I guess I will try to get there around 6:30. While you're gone I can explore Paine and the school, and hang out with Scott and whoever else shows up. I'm happy to do whatever war preparation is necessary while you're gone too. When is everyone planning to get there?

I was off by one day in my last post. I should have said I'm leaving in three days. Now it's two days! Pretty excited.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:21 am

^ I need a ride from you or Scott to the airport on Monday, if DX is working.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Sorry I've been so aloof with the war details, again it's been a pretty sudden transition and everything got put on hold. The playlist should be up later tonight.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:05 pm

DX: That's fine. It's great that you got an internship...even if it involves TV shows about improving your butt (I still think that's absolutely hilarious). Hey, at least you're getting money. :p

CA99: I don't know if I could do that for two reasons; one is that I've never driven in NYC before and I'm still not that experienced in heavy traffic, and two, I'll have four people in the car, with four people's gear. Don't know if we could even fit everyone. If Scott can't do it then we can try to work something out, but I think it'll be much better if he can.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:54 pm

I can do it, I'm coming myself so there will be plenty of car space. I don't like driving in heavy traffic (not for the slow factor but for the idiots who don't signal factor) but I am quite good at it so it should be fine. If I can drive my grandpa's 27 foot long RV in heavy traffic with loose steering linkage (it constantly drifted left or right) driving in NYC in my dads 16 foot wagon should be no problem. CA99 will have to give me directions though, I'd have no idea where I'm going and my GPS isn't very good at picking the fastest route. It always get me there, but would probably loop me up through Maine or something first, lol!
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:18 pm

I got directions covered. Or rather, Google does. And according to DX, the traffic shouldn't be too bad at that time of the day. Anyway, thanks! =D

And of course, I'm going with loaner blasters again this time.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:32 pm

CA99 wrote:I got directions covered. Or rather, Google does. And according to DX, the traffic shouldn't be too bad at that time of the day. Anyway, thanks! =D

And of course, I'm going with loaner blasters again this time.
It's New York City, the traffic is bad at any time of day, we hit traffic on the highway that runs through there at 1:00am in the morning on our way to one of the past wars! No biggie though, traffic doesn't bother me much, I can't drive for more then about two hours without stopping for a few hours rest. Strangely two hours bumper to bumper or two hours of being the only car on the road doesn't make much difference.

Don't know if we'd have time for this, but I might as well mention it in case people want me to bring it. I just picked up a radar gun from a thrift store for $2 (it is that HotWheels one, but it works quite well), I can bring it and we can use it to measure the velocity that the streams come out of different blasters if people want.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:41 pm

We're going through highways though. The airport is a bit out. Real problem would be tolls (typed that as "tools" at first, heh), but I got that covered.

And I think we should just use DX's chrono. We need to make a chart; I keep forgetting the muzzle velocity of my own CPS 2000.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:01 pm

The best way to reach LGA from here is to take the Merritt (15), stay on it as it turns into the Hutchinson River Parkway (678), cross the Whitestone Bridge, then just follow 278 right to the airport (there are signs). To go home from there Scott, take 278 west over the Triboro Bridge, exit onto the Major Deegan Expressway (87) north, which meets up at 95 and take that west across the George Washington Bridge. From there, you have various options in NJ. You do not want to go any deeper into the city, if GPS wants to take you through Midtown or Lower Manhattan to the Lincoln or Holland Tunnels, just say no. The Lincoln in particular can cost you as many as 3 hours just sitting if you approach it at the wrong time.
It's New York City, the traffic is bad at any time of day, we hit traffic on the highway that runs through there at 1:00am in the morning on our way to one of the past wars!
Never actually go *through* the city when you don't need to. Always, always, always take the Garden State Parkway to 287 to the Tappan Zee Bridge to the Merritt if you're coming up to see me.

atvan

Post by atvan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:18 am

Sorry I didn't ask sooner, but where are we meeting on Friday?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:56 pm

At Duxburian's house. I'm going to try to get there around 6:30, since that's when he said he gets home. I don't know when he's leaving to pick up CA99, but while he's gone we can explore, hang out, skirmish, etc. Are you staying at the house?

Does anyone have an extra medium primary or two? I only have two and a half working ones. Or we can just do anything-goes and not worry about it, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:43 pm

The boys may let you borrow their 21ks. They have trouble pumping them anyway.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:28 pm

That would be good; any extra usable primaries help. I'd probably prefer a medium primary over a heavy in large woods anyway, as I did in Downpour last year.

LET'S DO THIS!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare