[CT] Pandemonium 2014 (August 15th-18th)

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
atvan

Re: [CT] Pandemonium 2014 (August 15th-18th)

Post by atvan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Am I derping out, or are there not directions to DX's house anywhere here?
If there aren't you can just PM them to me. Thanks.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:20 pm

atvan wrote:Am I derping out, or are there not directions to DX's house anywhere here?
Security through obscurity.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:01 pm

SEAL: I can bring some medium primaries, you know me I have a lot of them. I was almost without a heavy gun as just this morning my 1500 developed a pressure leak and the nozzle selector on my 2500 was spraying back at me through the sides. The 2500 just needed a new seal so it is good now and so long as I did a good job with the plastic wielder my 1500 should be cured by tomorrow. As for light guns, I have a 1200, 1000, plus multiple Vindicators and Vanquishers. The CPS guns I just tested today and they are working fine. I don't know about the WW stuff but if anything they will just need some silicone spray on the pull valves. Which would you rather use, the Vindicators or Vanquishers? I will probably bring both, but I'd like to know anyway in case I decide to just bring one. I also have a broken CPS 1000 and 1200 that I can bring if we think there will be time to work on them. The 1200 just needs a few pressure leaks glued up (easier now that I have glue that isn't 10 years old) and could be working Saturday night if we glue it Friday.

Regardless, I will probably get there first tomorrow. I am planning on leaving between 10 and 11 tomorrow and its a 6 hour drive, but I could get there anywhere from 3pm-6pm depending on traffic and how many times I have to stop and rest.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:25 am

You can arrive any time, although only my parents will be home if it's before 6:30ish. It would be best if we "camp out" in the "barn". While I do have beds...I haven't had much of a chance to clean things up, so there are still boxes and guns and more boxes and more guns all over them. My body is still in shock from the transition from very late night to early morning. The first thing I do when I get home now is instantly go to bed, wake up around 9 PM, eat dinner, do some things for a few hours, and then go back to bed. My new commute is an hour door-to-door.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:10 am

I have a 1200, 1021, and a 12K with a leaky pump. If someone brings a 1200 pump they don't need I could replace it on the spot and have three mediums. I also have a Vanquisher that can be used in medium rounds, so I'm not doing as bad as I thought. The biggest problem is actually light primaries. The only ones I have that work are the Vanquisher and XP 150. I tested a bunch of lights yesterday and my 270, 275, and 95 all leak, my modded 6K's valve sticks open sometimes, and the 75's reservoir is blowing off again for some reason. I tested the Sneak Attack but while it works, it's not as good as I remembered; the range is good and the output is decent, but the stream breaks up a lot and it runs out quickly. It looks like I'm going to end up bringing an Equalizer for light rounds. So it looks like I'm going to need light loaners more than mediums.

Bailey is coming over early today to hang out and help pack, so I won't be on here after lunchtime. Feel free to call me if you need to; see you all tonight! The rednecks are coming, the rednecks are coming!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:19 am

I actually saw a 1200 in someone's yard in Tiff's old neighborhood yesterday. I half thought about knocking on the door and seeing how much they wanted for it. Someone must have been using it though, cuz it wasn't out with the trash. I guess that's a pretty good sign.

SEAL, the threads on your reservoir are probably stripped. Have you tried duct taping your 75 reservoir down? Or tying it down? When I went to the Dominator War with XN his whole team did that to their XPs. Actually, the way they maintained and kept their guns was quite different from what the rest of us do. Where are your 270, 275, and 95 leaking from? One awesome, but seldom known fact about the Gorgon is that you can actually take 1 of the sides of the shell off and pump it and fire it with the internals exposed. It's pretty awesome if you want to find leaks. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the problem with Gorgons, it's always pump lag (fixed) and firing valves opening under full pressure (still confused on this one).
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:29 am

The MD6k's valve may be fixed with some silicone spray.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Tried to tie down the 75 res, but that didn't work. The 275 leaks somewhere out of the valve area; tried to JB weld it but I think I missed. I think the 95 leaks out of the valve area too, and I'm not sure about the 270 'cause I haven't taken the cover off. For the 6k, I did use silicone spray, but obviously that worked about as well as a water balloon in a war.

Right now I'm in DX's barn hanging out, while waiting for the host to return from the airport. We screwed around at the high school before, but we didn't fight. Can't wait for tomorrow.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:44 pm

Just had an exhausting OHS game a few hours ago. Night wars coming up!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:46 pm

The war was fun. Thanks and shout out to Duxburian and everyone else for an awesome weekend. Finally got to play some games that were longer than an hour and not at Nerf distances. We got in trouble with Johnny (or Jenny in this case?) Law again and only got one round in at the Greenway, but Paine is a much better battleground in the summer so it worked out. I'll work on a battle report later, for the four or so people who actually give a shyt. For now, check out these pictures:

Group photo minus Bailey. He was taking pictures with two cameras at once so the quality suffered a bit, but hey. I look weird as hell in this picture for some reason. And yes, that is a ghille suit.

The last remaining person on the enemy team in the first 1HK match.

So my team hunted him down.

GET 'IM BOYS!!!

Argh, blur.

Later in the day, doing VIP in Paine.

DX getting stoned in the first two-hour 1HS round.

"Chief Keefe" in the same round.

CA99 hiding so stealthily that even the camera has trouble seeing him.

A better shot of DX.

POV shot.

Another POV shot, though this was in the other 1HS round on the next day, in a different spot.

Hey, I actually took a bunch of pictures this time.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Good pics! I have some footage to review, mostly from Saturday.

Thanks to DX for hosting and thanks to all who attended!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:46 pm

yet again I wish I could have come
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Looks like it was a really great war! The first location looks superb, and Paine looks even better during the summer. The photos could be touched up a bit, which I will do tomorrow if you don't mind.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:27 pm

That was awesome! Wish we people weren't so paranoid though, I swear when you say Super Soaker people think of a fire engine hosing down an angry mob! We only had one round at Greenway because of this, and were also afraid that someone would come yell at us for hanging around the school so didn't do night wars ether. It was nice to see a new face at this war and the rounds we had were some of the most intense of any war so far. Wost part besides getting kicked out of the greenway though was the ride home. My dad didn't come this war so I had to do a lot more driving then I had ever done before. After I dropped CA99 off at the airport, my idiot GPS took me through downtown Manhattan! Anyway, thanks to DX for hosting this war, hopefully Frozen Furry will be as good!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:15 am

Well, sorry I couldn't lend you my phone! We need to find you a cheap tablet or something for your next birthday lol. (They have them at $60-ish now.) Oh well, at least you made it home safe.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:34 pm

Here are the edited photos. Hopefully everyone else likes the changes. I think they look good.
Attachments
pandemonium12.jpg
pandemonium12.jpg (504.07 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
pandemonium11.jpg
pandemonium11.jpg (486.84 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
pandemonium10.jpg
pandemonium10.jpg (596.05 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
pandemonium9.jpg
pandemonium9.jpg (472.36 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
pandemonium8.jpg
pandemonium8.jpg (477.85 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
pandemonium7.jpg
pandemonium7.jpg (466.04 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
pandemonium6.jpg
pandemonium6.jpg (423.15 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
pandemonium5.jpg
pandemonium5.jpg (451.83 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
Pandemonium4.jpg
Pandemonium4.jpg (471.43 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
Pandemonium3.jpg
Pandemonium3.jpg (484.13 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
Pandemonium2.jpg
Pandemonium2.jpg (481.92 KiB) Viewed 9069 times
Pandemonium1.jpg
Pandemonium1.jpg (653.71 KiB) Viewed 9069 times

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Nice color work. A lot of these give a more "war-like" feel to the photos.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare