Date: August 15th to 18th
Arrival: Friday, August 15th
Full battle days: Saturday, August 16th and Sunday, August 17th
Departure: Whenever you wantPlaying Areas:
Commerce Park (Still River Greenway) [Map Link]
1 Corporate Drive (off Eagle Road)
Danbury, CT 06810
Parking is behind
the Kimchuk Corporation building. The parking area is marked by a white gate with the Greenway name on it.
Paine Open Space [Map Link]
222 Maple Road
Easton, CT 06612Attendance: (10)
Anyone and everyoneSchedule:Friday:
Any time: Arrival and war preparation
Night rounds if desired.
Players may spend the night at DX's house if needed (extra beds: 4, floor space: 9+). Or if the weather is nice, we could camp out in the back field.Saturday:
Meet at the Danbury Greenway before 10 AM. Aim for 9 AM, which should get us all there by 10.
1. Warmup OHK - Full boundaries, no time limit, anything goes primaries, both teams start at opposite sides with their soakers empty
2. Protect the VIP - South bank only, no time limit. Each team starts at opposite ends of the south bank. The team with the VIP wants to escort them to the other end of the park. The VIP has one life and anything goes soaker, everyone else on the escort team has 3 lives and light primaries. The defenders trying to kill the VIP have unlimited lives and medium primaries. The team that gets their VIP to the objective in less time wins. If neither VIP survives, the team that gets their VIP the closest wins. Players start with soakers full.
3. Long OHS - Full boundaries, 1 hour time limit. Regular OHS, the team with the highest score wins. Anything goes primaries. Both teams start at opposite sides with their soakers empty.
4. 2 Flag CTF - South bank main reed grove only, 30 min time limit. The flag bases will be located entirely inside the reed grove. All players have unlimited lives, but must respawn at their bases. This round will be played twice, with medium primaries. Players start with soakers full.
5. Long OHS - Full boundaries, 2 hour time limit. Regular OHS, the team with the highest score wins. Anything goes primaries. Both teams start at opposite sides with their soakers empty.
6. 1 Flag CTF - Flag located inside one of the reed groves, no time limit. Defenders get 3 lives and light primaries, attackers get unlimited lives and medium primaries. The team that captures the flag in less time wins, the round will be played twice.
If time permits:
6. Cooldown OHK - Full boundaries, no time limit, anything goes primaries, both teams start at opposite sides with their soakers empty
Leave Greenway, have Dinner
Drive to night war site.
Night rounds TBD. Probably 2 Flag CTF, Outpost, or OHS. Sunday:
Meet at Paine Open Space. Rounds TBD - more traditional community war forest roundsLocal Rules:
1. There are two ways to get a hit:
-----A: Direct shot that lands on the target without breaking up. Does not need to be parallel-to-ground in order to be "direct".
-----B: Splatter damage at least the size of the target's fist.
-----For light primaries, at least half the stream needs to land on the target (replaces the splatter rule)
2. (At Danbury Greenway): For balance purposes, while on the bridge across the Still River, hits you make don't count. Deaths you take on the bridge do count. The bridge is intended to be a means of crossing the river and not an impassable defensive position for you to turtle on. If the bridge turns out to be less overpowered than predicted, I will remove this rule.
3. (At Paine Open Space): The Paine island is out of bounds unless your team is down in score, or the island is being used as a base in an objective round.Packing List:
Guns to trade/sell
Tools/parts for repairs/mods
Money if we go out to eat
Changes of clothes
Extra shoes if we ford the Still River during gameplayBug Spray