NYC Water Warriors

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DavidTheDankEngine

NYC Water Warriors

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Hello! Would anyone be interested in a water war in Central Park NYC, on the Great Lawn sometime on Saturday July 12th ? I can personally bring 4 water guns to lend out. Also, I'm curious as to how many people here are from the NYC area.

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: NYC Water Warriors

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:51 am

hello chivesthechimp, several of our community has discussed the option of attending the mass soakfest there on the "lawn" over the past year however we came to the conclusion that it wouldn't make sense for us. If you don't mind coming to a water fight in December a member named DX is hosting Frozen Fury 2014 in CT again (I think this is the 3rd year).

As for blasters, with the exception of people who fly to attend community wars no one has ever needed a blaster loaned to them.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:39 am

Welcome to WaterWar.net! I don't live in the city but I'm about two hours north of it, which is nothing really. However I don't like to go there because the traffic is ridiculous and contains some of the worst drivers in the country.

I assume your talking about the big city war where everyone just runs around soaking people (we call such a battle a "soakfest" around here), right? There was talk about attending it, but we decided that it wasn't really worth it. Now there is a WaterWar.net community war taking place in Connecticut in August, which you might consider coming to. It will be a lot more tactical than the big soakfests, with actual teams. Think of it as paintball but with water guns. It is going to be hosted by Duxburian (who used to be known as DX), but he hasn't created a topic for it yet...*cough cough* He's also doing another one in late November/early December, which will take place in and around abandoned buildings.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:06 am

I was thinking more about starting an event with two teams as opposed to a free for all. When is that big NYC soakfest exactly? I've been trying to find one but all of the info is for ones from 2013 and 2012.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Aside from driving and parking concerns, from what I'm aware, there doesn't seem to be much suitable battle space in Central Park, just open area.

I've seen the NYC soakfest go anywhere from July to August, if I recall correctly. There's usually something on Facebook about it, so a search there should help. We don't quite keep up with that event, although people post it here on occasion.

I definitely recommend the event Duxburian is going to host (Pandemonium); it'll be a good chance at some intense, team-based one-hit-scores water warfare. He should be posting a thread about it soon, but I'm not sure when that'll come up.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:37 am

Oh, I thought you were talking about the soakfest. How many people would you be fighting with? I wouldn't be able to come tomorrow, but you're close enough where we could get together sometime. Do you have a car?

The Pandemonium topic has been created (click here). If you're able, you should try to join us. It will be fun, though maybe more serious than you might be used to, haha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.