Camping / Hiking Trip

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Camping / Hiking Trip

Post by marauder » Thu May 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Rob and I were talking about possibly backpacking through the Appalachians, or other interesting regions, and fighting as we go. Basically hiking along the AT or some other trail until we find some place that looks cool, fight there until we feel like moving onward, and then get going again. It would probably be best for everyone to only carry one gun since we're also going to be packing sleeping bags, etc., but that all can be worked out later.

Here are some areas that were thrown around as possibilities:

Mount Marcy, NY
Mount Washington, NH

I have never been to the Adirondacks and I'd love to explore them. Mount Washington is the windiest place in the United States and has a subarctic climate. The average high in July is 54 degrees! How intense would that be? We may not be able to get around to doing this until next year when I get to move, but I wanted to go ahead and start this topic before I forget. Where would y'all be interested in going?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Re: Camping / Hiking Trip

Post by DX » Thu May 22, 2014 10:58 pm

Hudson Gorge and Pepperbox wilderness look epic, both also in the Adirondacks. What would also be epic, on a smaller scale, is the sand dune wilderness north of Provincetown on Cape Cod. Another thing I really want to do is have a kayak/canoe adventure down the length of a major river. The Hudson River, longest tidal estuary in the US, and the Delaware River, longest free-flowing river east of the Mississippi, are good choices. We could land on islands in the river to fight and maybe camp.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri May 23, 2014 10:14 am

I will look into those places. The thought of fighting among sand dunes is pretty cool, but sounds like we'd have to pack our own water. My brother and a friend and I started canoeing down the Neuse and we got about as far as Goldsboro. You and anyone else that wants to is welcome to join us when we finish the trip.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri May 23, 2014 3:06 pm

Looks like a variation of the long war that a very specific rival has been wanting to play for a long time.

I may be up for it someday, who knows. Are we all going to hike in camo though? lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sat May 24, 2014 2:20 pm

If you guys get something going I'd totally be down. I've actually never gone backpacking before; all my hikes have been day hikes (though plenty of them have been all-day). Let's hike the entire AT! My family knew two brothers who took off the whole summer to hike it; they started out overweight, and came back super-thin, hahaha. Seriously though, I don't really have any preferences. I've never hiked the Adirondacks before, so that might be cool.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat May 31, 2014 8:51 pm

Rob and I also talked about hiking the extent of the Appalachian Trail through one state. Not sure if we'd choose CT, NJ, or what. Something where we could hike the extent of the AT through that state in about 3-5 days.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:59 am

Come here. Hike in California. :goofy:
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Let's do it! Guys? :p

Sadly most of us need more greenbacks.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.