Summary: This time, I tried a more active and crazier playstyle. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.
Friday Night: Westland Middle
- 1HS (or 1HK, I forgot): Lots of hunting around on this one, and attempts at ambushing. Lots of running and shots exchanged, but not too much crazy action.
- (2) 1-flag CTF, defenders w/ light primaries: We defended. Good, wholesome action you'd expect from close range 1-flag CTF.
- 1HS WWn vs. Scott & Friends (WWn w/ light primaries): We attacked. More good, wholesome action lol. IIRC, our team owned this one.
Saturday: Sycamore Island
- 1HK: I started at the south end of the island, with DX's team at the north. DX and his team tried to ambush me when I got close, but not close enough. I dodged or blocked most of the shots and got away with some droplets on my skin. I tried to get SEAL to set up in the bushes, but no one would take the bait. No worries though, as SSC Ben and Drench singlehandedly wiped out a good chunk of the other team. I managed to mop up some of the rest with the superior range and stream thickness of the 2000, which worked out way better than I expected.
- CTF: This game was just downright obnoxious. I made a run for the flag, but due to various mistimings, didn't make it. I spent the rest of the game defending.
- (2) Storm the Beach: We defended first. I took up an Aquazooka, a smaller version of the Stream Machine with a smaller nozzle. I got a few boats with this thing; it worked quite well. I ended up having to go barefoot for half the match after getting a shoe stuck in mud. I didn't wear my glasses, nor camera for when we attacked. We ended up landing ashore sooner, but was unable to capture the flag during the second phase of the game.
- Outpost: This game got cut short, and became...
- 1HS: Which also got cut short due to a new player joining the game. While it lasted, I managed to make one or two sneak-up kills, but was too focused on staying out of sight to be a very effective teammate. The underbrush does not lend well to dodging.
- (2) 1-flag CTF: Fairly run-of-the-mill 1f-CTF game, but beats HTL any day, and plus I made the flag capture while attacking. (Of course, that was after all my teammates got hit when taking out the defenders, but still.)
Saturday Night: Woodacres Elementary
- (2) 1-flag CTF: Set up around a group of 4 portables, decks, and a playground, we managed to get 4 people in the area to join our game. I started on the attackers side, and eventually made my way to the flag. After that, things were a mess and I'm not sure what even happened. I was hit, but managed to pass the flag to a teammate who scored for is. The second round was cut short due to concerns over excessive noise being made.
Sunday: Westmoreland Park & Carderock
- 1HS (Westmoreland Park): This game was a mess overall. My teammates clumped together and helped the opposing team score repeatedly. I tried to flank around, but there was no way to do so without being noticed.
- 3-team 1HK (Carderock) light primaries: Trying to play the 3rd team that watches the other two eliminate each other doesn't quite work like it does in the games. I managed to survive shortly by running around after the rest of my team was eliminated.
- 3-team 1HK medium primaries: With the teams mixed up and re-balanced, the game went on for much longer. No one cared to actually challenge DX's team until both of the other teams were down to one or two players. The game ended after my team was eliminated, and when Scott committed Hara-kiri after being the only opposition left.
- (3) HTL: For shits and giggles, I tried using the water balloon 3-man sling on this one. The balloon bursted before leaving the pouch, just as it does on pneumatic WBL's. The hill was quite vulnerable since the defenders had almost no room to maneuver and had to do so on very bumpy ground. On one attempt to attack the hill, I tripped, landed my knee on a fallen tree trunk, and tumbled down. (After nearly a week of seeming normal healing, it got worse at work today so I'll be seeing a doctor soon.) I still stayed to defend the hill for the 2nd round, but didn't survive for long. The 3rd round was more for testing purposes.
Sunday Night: Woodacres Elementary & Day Care Center
- 1HS (Woodacres): Simple 2v2 practice round here: DX and I vs. SEAL and Chief, which took place amongst a group of 2 portables (different than the ones we played at the night before). Lots and lots of ambushing in the dark, although I was less successful at it than others. Later on, I nearly set my backpack down on a pile of used condoms, but didn't see it until after the game ended. Bethesda is quite a place, first with the glory hole at Carderock restroom and now this.
- 1HS (Day Care): Another 2v2 game, this time in a playing area with a whopping 16 portables! Lots of shooting happened in the light, but only the actual hits were scored in the dark. For both games, we simply played until we ran out of water. This playing area was challenging, since I couldn't hop the fences easily with my busted knee.
Intense weekend, and great week. We did some pretty crazy stuff.
Edit: Renamed "Island Assault" to "Storm the Beach".