Soakemore 2014

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Soakemore 2014

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:13 pm

I was more against the idea of switching blasters while a game is running than against a global light primaries only that apply to a whole round. We need to make sure our definition of that is tightened up though; I will not be bringing as any blasters as I did last year, particularly the ones that won't go used.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:11 pm

Scott, come on AIM or Skype some time and we can hammer out details for what constitutes a "light primary". It might actually be best to whitelist individual soakers like the pistol class for Frozen Fury 2012.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:23 am

We did have a thread for that.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:57 am

I have had a rather busy schedule lately but I will try and be on Skype for a couple hours around 3:30 on Saturday. I may also be able to go on latter tonight, but I'm not sure. At the worst next week for sure will be much less hectic and I should be able to go on every day then. Hope to scout those other locations soon, I doubt they will be better then Westmoreland park was, but I want to check them out just the same. Once the underbrush grows in in a week or two I plan to go back and get pictures of all of them too.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:39 pm

So does anyone have any updates on whether they can make it on the weekend of May 23rd?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:43 am

I've got work the entirety of the 2nd half of May. So, what was a 1% chance is now 0. Sorry guys.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:18 am

What is the Sunday schedule? I've cleared my schedule for at least Fri-Sun and would stay until Monday if we're doing enough stuff on Sunday. Memorial Day weekend is THE busiest driving time of the entire year and will consume a whole day both ways. Last year I remember it taking 4 hours just to go the first 100 miles from SW CT to NJ.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:43 am

Hmm, looks like that was a bad idea then.

Marauder, what's your schedule like for the first half of May? Let's get all the scheduling figured out. I don't need Memorial day weekend, but I figured it could help. But if the traffic is bad, it's not worth it at all.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:12 pm

If Memorial Day weekend is what works for you and would allow you to attend more wars by not using up vacation days, then go for it. I can plan around the traffic by leaving earlier and taking a more northern route. I just wanted to know what the plan is for Sunday.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:15 pm

The weekend of the 10th is the only weekend that is a remote possibility for me. Most likely I'll just be headed up to Connecticut again this fall.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Duxburian wrote:If Memorial Day weekend is what works for you and would allow you to attend more wars by not using up vacation days, then go for it. I can plan around the traffic by leaving earlier and taking a more northern route. I just wanted to know what the plan is for Sunday.
I'm using the same paid time off days regardless. Meanwhile, you're not the only one who has to deal with potentially bad traffic. I'm not familiar with OH and PA traffic patterns especially during holidays, so it's not worth the risk if the risk is really there.

What do others think?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Not completely sure yet, but I should be able to make either May 24, May 25, or both. I probably won't return to the DC area until around May 15th, so anything before then is not possible for me.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:03 pm

If you make it, you might see that LPD again that you gave me several years ago. I have a new piston design, threaded setup (for being able to remove the piston), and new pump attachments being worked on. If it works, it's going to kick ass.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:57 pm

Can't come before May 14th. I should be free for pretty much every weekend after that. I don't really have a preference; last year the traffic wasn't too bad for me. Just pick a date (after the 14th) that works for everyone else and I'll do my best to ensure that I'll be free then.

Are we camping out? I'd like to. I'll see what I can do about bringing a guest or two as well.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:59 pm

The weekend of the 16th to 19th (Friday to Monday) is the one before Memorial Day weekend. To avoid traffic, I'd suggest that one. If Memorial Day weekend traffic is as bad as people say, I certainly don't want to drive 500+ miles in that.

I thought we were staying at Scott's house again. I guess I could camp, but it's still not going to be that warm overnight. I'm NOT getting sick on another war trip again!
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:14 pm

The plan is for everyone to stay at my house, there are a lot of parks around DC, but they all have strict "park closed at dark" rules so camping isn't possible. Due to how many people might end up coming, I may have to park my Grandpa's RV in the driveway in order to have enough sleeping space for everyone.

As far as what the plan for Sunday goes, it should have plenty of battles, depending on the weekend we have the event on, Sunday may be the day we go to Sycamore island. It alternates every other week whether you can reserve Sunday or Saturday, and so I need to know the date before I can make a good schedule. It would be best to have a date soon as I will need to reserve it at least a month in advance.

The weekend of the 17th and 18th wouldn't work as well for me. My mom and Sister are going to France on the 21st and so the house would be much less crowded if we had it once they were gone. How does May 30th to June 2nd sound to everyone? If Memorial day weekend is bad because of traffic, having the war after it would work better for me.
Last edited by scottthewaterwarrior on Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:10 pm

May 30-June 1 should work for me, if that's what you meant.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:20 pm

CA99 wrote:May 30-June 1 should work for me, if that's what you meant.
Yes, that is what I meant, I forgot which month came after May and said April by mistake. I am calling it the 30th to the 2nd, most the battles will happen on the 31st and 1st, but the 30th to the 2nd counts travel days.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:25 am

Works for me. What about others?
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:39 pm

Should be alright. I'll double check but I really don't think I have anything planned that's important enough to make me skip a road trip and water war. Which reminds me, how's the schedule coming along?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.