Most epic water fight moments

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Most epic water fight moments

Post by the oncoming storm » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:50 pm

As A counterpart to the thread about mistakes use this thread to brag about your best moments

Stalemating a duel between myself using a squirt gun and pool toy animal vs a 24" syringe (around a pool no less)
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Re: Most epic water fight moments

Post by HBWW » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:13 pm

HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:32 pm

I don't know, probably shooting Drenchenator in a canoe with my WBL at Soakemore. The balloon actually fell short, but skipped off the water like a flat stone and hit the mark. Not that this was the hardest thing in the world to do, seeing as my targets were pretty much sitting ducks (pun not intended) in the water, unable to dodge to any degree more than leaning out of the way. Still, launchers aren't very accurate and it was the first time anyone ever actually did it.

I mean, I've had many good moments throughout my water fighting career, but very few would qualify as "epic" in my mind.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:34 pm

2011 Thunder Gulch or Hydropoc's massacre hill come to mind, with kill rates faster than 1 hit a minute. They seemed epic at the time, although it was really just rush up to Rob and get shot. Hydropoc's lake assault round stands out in memory for being the first time we attempted something like that. That first shot I took with the 4 canoes coming in and applause from the people on the far shoreline was the most epic WBL shot I've ever taken, despite it not landing close to any of the canoes. Soakemore's first river assault round was pretty great, where I scored 3 hits with the water cannon for the first time.

But, like Seal, I've had a lot of awesome moments fighting that I wouldn't call epic. Good play is supposed to be routine, lol.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:11 pm

The kill I got on Duxburian during Soakemore. There was like 10 seconds left, I knew we had lost, but I decided to go for it anyway. I charged him with my CPS 1000 and he fired back with his 2000. I ran straight into a hanging tree branch, I couldn't see with all the leaves in front of me so I just guessed where he was and fired around the branch. I ended up hitting him and he should have nailed me as well but all those leaves in my face blocked his shot and not a drop ended up on me.
The kill on Kieth during the OHS night round at Soakemore. We were at the ridge line of the hill that lead from the school up to the field, the enemy was trying to flank us by coming up a "secret" path through the woods. I hid in the shadow of a bench and waited until the first one came out and then fired. It really wasn't too special, but it is the only successful ambush I can remember making.

Same thing as DX and Seal though, most moments are nice but aren't necessarily epic. Picture running from behind a wall and making a kill compared to doing a flip over the wall, diving under the enemy stream, and firing point blank up their pants leg. Both have the same end result, but one is much more epic then the other.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:35 pm

Thread revival time

Back last year I talked a few of my friends into playing a round of CFT with me,

How he missed seeing me in broad daylight is incredible because even with camo clothing on, my face should have been a dead give-away. Anyway after watching him circle the tree I was standing next to, it seemed he was about to threaten the flag. So I LEVELLED a shot from my Goblin into his face, he was that close. It was awesome but fruitless as he had hidden his team flag so well that neither he nor me could find it
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:24 am

Back in my day, my group got into a feud with the other gang across town. We decided to settle it in an urban CTF game, winner takes all. We were greatly outnumbered, so I left my entire team back at the base to guard our flag, while I struck out alone. I made it all the way behind the enemy base without being seen, and climbed the 12' high wall overlooking it. I then proceeded to do a double backflip off of it and landed right in the middle of a circle of enemies surrounding the flag. Holding down the trigger, I did a 360 on the ground using my hand (like a breakdancer), wiping all 15 of them out.

As I snatched up the flag, a nearby door burst open and the other half of the opposing team poured out like fire ants, all holding WBLs. I lit the afterburners and found my way into another doorway, while dodging 120-MPH water balloons that were coming at me from behind. I tell ya, lady luck was with me that day. Once I was safely behind the door, I grabbed an old bucket and used my blaster to fill it full of water. I then propped up the bucket on top of the door, and with seconds to spare, bolted for the other exit. I barely heard the sounds of cursing coming from behind me as my trap was sprung, then I was home free.

...but not quite! When I got back to my base, I found all my defenders laying on the ground in puddles. Standing in the middle of all this carnage, between me and my base, was the enemy captain. "Big Bob". He towered over me at 6'9", and held two heavily modded MXLs...one in each hand! I had to dive behind an old dumpster to avoid the four 20X streams that came at me. I fought like a tiger, jumping in and out from behind cover, trying to outmaneuver him. Unfortunately he was a lot quicker than he looked, and I found myself pinned up against a wall with one shot left in the chamber. Suddenly the remaining enemy troops that hadn't been picked off by my trap arrived at the scene. As they fired their WBLs at me, Big Bob moved in for the kill...right into the paths of the balloons! He roared like a bull as they collided with his back, and turned around to yell at his team. Seizing my chance, I dove towards my base, dodging more balloons, Matrix-style. I did a roll on the ground, then planted the flag. Victory was sweet.

No it's true, I swear! Don't pay any attention to the date! But in all honesty, I would probably go with the flag capture I made at Soakemore '13 (not sure why I didn't mention it before), which you can read about in my war report. I don't know if I would call it "epic", but it was one of my favorite moments. I also like the times when I make multiple kills in a row. That always makes ya feel like a bad-ass.

Oh, and that little mini-story started out as just me doing a double backflip off the wall and shooting all the enemies, but I got a little carried away and just kept adding on, hahaha.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:01 pm

I think my favorite might possibly have been when Wetmonkey and I ambushed Duxburian, Will, and Jack and absolutely soaked them while they were filling up inside the campground bathroom.

Another would have been in one of the vermin wars when I rushed onto the scene to plug a gap in our crumbling line and led a counter attack that routed the enemy. Basically I came screaming out of the woods with a 1500, and this was back in the day when maybe only 50% of people in the war used CPS (but we also had about 15 ppl per team) and eliminated 4 people just because they turned around and ran. I probably would have gotten taken out if they just stood and fight, but never underestimate psychology and intimidation.

For a while my most epic moment was being the last man standing at Dominator War 2. If you're unfamiliar that was when I met up with forum member xneverfacedefeatx and his team. Everyone in that war was eliminated but me. Pretty cool.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.