I have made quite a few blunders in my water war career, so I will try and organize them in approximately the order they occurred.
1. Lending out all my guns at my friend Christian's birthday party: Not really a "combat blunder" but I have to add it anyway. The party was back in middle school, I let Christian's friends use my guns and other then my Flash Flood which I was using, the all ended up broken. It was before I knew about fixing guns and many ended up in multiple pieces (getting tossed over the net of a trampoline and 10 feet down a hill will do that). In some ways it was good though as it got rid of my small XPs and piston pumpers and I ended up replacing them with Vindicators and eventually CPS blasters.
2. This was around the same time as the one above. I shot my dad in the back with my Helix at point blank range, normally this would be fine, but we were doing a soakfest and he had a Flash Flood fully pumped. It goes without saying I was soaked.
3. Thunder Glitch, Downpour 2011: Charged DX and his 12K when he had the high ground and I was using a Helix. Using the Helix was bad enough, but for some reason I kept trying to charge him no matter how many times I got killed.
4. MOAB 2013 Chaos round: My shoe slipped off in some thorny underbrush as Marauder was charging me with a water balloon. I had too choices, step barefoot into the thorns to dodge, or get killed with the balloon. I ended up waiting to long, I tried to dodge last minute, stepped on the thorns, and still got hit with the balloon.
5. Soakemore 2013, Drive by on DX: After a day of battling we packed up and were about to head out. Me, Sam, and Bela were ready to go first and as we were driving out I saw Duxburian walking back to his car. I had Sam roll down the window and fire his gun at DX. I was so tired from a days battling that I didn't think to roll back up the window or even go faster as I thinking about how awesome that was (DX has ambushed me so many times, it was nice to finally pay him back). DX grabbed a gun from his car, and sprinted after us. Because I was going so slow, he managed to catch us and hit me and Sam through the open window, oops!
6. Downpour 2013: This whole event was a blunder for me, mainly because I couldn't decide on what blaster I wanted. I used a different blaster in almost every round and therefor never got used to using any of them and did very poorly.
7. Frozen Fury 2013, final round of day one: My team had made it up to the top of a hill and were defending it against the enemy. I knew as long as we had the hill the other team wouldn't get close enough for us to hit them. I backed off along the ridge line to try and draw Kieth up into the tangled logs at one end of the hill since I knew he wouldn't be able to dodge or retreat fast enough if I charged him. It would have worked but the wind suddenly changed direction putting me out of range.
That is all the blunders I can remember right now, but it is quite a list already.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"