HBWW Needs a Name for Possible Community War!

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.

Name for HBWW-Hosted Community War

HydroPhobia
25%
HydroSmasher
No votes
HydroCollider
13%
Hydro Bison
No votes
Operation WaterHammer
No votes
Operation Soaking Thunder
13%
Madness on the Mitten
25%
(Other)
25%

Total votes: 8

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

HBWW Needs a Name for Possible Community War!

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:59 pm

Once I get back to my home in Troy, I will be convincing parents to let me host a community war this summer (or the next!). Until then, I'd like to get the community's opinions on event names.

I have big plans and ideas, but do not wish to reveal them until I know I can plan this out.

Edit: Added more cheesy names for your amusement.

Edit: Added "(Other)" option.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Re: HBWW Needs a Name for Possible Community War!

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:15 pm

First, we need to find out who would be available to go. Most likely I wouldn't be able to. I would try to contact the guys in Ontario.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:48 pm

What's wrong with simply calling it "The HydroBrawl"?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:51 pm

I think most of the core community said they'd make the long trip if others did. Of course, my first step is still convincing parents to let everyone in the house (which will probably be dependent on me finding secure employment), before checking to see who will actually attend. Of course, I also have a ton of scouting to do; not very caught up on the whole process like you guys are. However, we will have neighborhood battles too. I'd like to have a weeklong event, but I know most of you guys would just be staying for the weekend.

@isoaker: It doesn't quite flow with the HBWW branding. :goofy:
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:03 pm

Yeah, it'd depend on how many others were to come. Actually... Now that I think about it, this might work out very well for me if it were to be held on a certain date. I'll get back when I know more.

I vote for Madness on the Mitten.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:16 pm

The problem with MotM is that it ties me down geographically, but I can always rename it for future wars. =p

Right now I'm mostly drawn to the names "HydroPhobia", "Operation WaterHammer", "Operation Soaking Thunder", and MotM. I should cut down on the poll, but I won't since people are already voting.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Looks like HydroPhobia is going to take the cake.

I have a few backup ideas for working around the problem of parents not letting me have people overnight.
- Find Campsite
- Find Hotels

Problem is, I'm a bad host if I make you guys pay for a hotel, and I also want to keep our group together.

I want to host a week-long event if possible, and plan out some non-WW events. Problem comes down to whether people can stay a week. For a weekend-only event, I need to have the battlefields down, pat. Lots of upcoming scouting to do here. There should be a lot of potential places along the Clinton River, which also means a reliable refill source. Woods warfare isn't as much my thing, but there's a lot of potential here.

There's also a few thrift stores worth checking out.

If only I had someone to assist with the scouting... (As in, actually going to the places. I have a list of 12 potentials pinned down, and 7 need scouting.)

Anyway, if this name is settled, I'm going to lock this thread and start a new one for the actual war planning.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:10 pm

Well you live in Troy right? How about the Trojen Water War? :P I think Operation Soaking Thunder is the best.

You want someone to help scout? Googles: Bethesda Maryland - Troy Michigan
Oooo, that is quite a distance. Well if I made it a two days of driving each way it might work, I doubt I could drive more then 5 hours in one day (and only in 2 hour bursts). Still probably a bit much for me to take on myself though, sorry. Still unlikely, but if you don't have it this summer *Maybe* I'll consider coming if I could stay for about a week. :)
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:32 pm

Still need to get the parents to let the house to my friends. I'll keep everyone posted on that, because I don't like the backup/alternative plans.

I got a ton of places targeted for scouting. Mostly woods along the Clinton River. There are some HUGE stretches of woods out there that some of you will enjoy. Need to actually scout and see, but the basic necessities of parking and water are there.

I've also considered looking for potential urban playing areas in Detroit that won't get ravaged by gang warfare. It's going to be a very lengthy process to figure out anywhere that's safe and suitable for playing. We can forget about it for this summer unless people really want to. Urban warfare really isn't easy to find good places for, except for neighborhoods.

No Trojan War. Most of these games may not even be in Troy, and the classic HBWW battlegrounds (my neighborhood) are only going to be used for one day or for half a day.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:41 am

why can't you drive in longer than a 2 hour spurt Scott?
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 pm

I have a job now. 10 days of paid time off per year. I have no idea what the work schedule will be like, so I will have to sort this all out during the planning stages. (Which I may not be able to get to until January until I know the status of things.) I'll keep you guys posted on further developments.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare