Frozen Fury 2013, NY/CT Epic Fall Water War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Frozen Fury 2013, NY/CT Epic Fall Water War

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:15 pm

Andrew (wetmonkey) is now coming! This means the rivalry is on (according to Rob)! Be ready.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:25 pm

That's great news! Which team will he be on? Also, would we still be splitting up marauder's nephews for the rivalry rounds? I don't know how I'd feel if we did; it kind of defeats the purpose of a rivalry. I assume the rivalry rounds are the same ones that you listed previously.

I also have some good news; as I said in the chatroom, Bailey will be coming on Saturday, and now my cousin says he'll come on Saturday too! So you can add them to the list. If my other friend were to come, it'd be on Sunday, but don't count on it.

In response to Scott's brains vs. braun quote, I say, BOTH!
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:06 pm

From what I gathered in our chats, M4's nephews will be on our team now, so it will be a true, 100% rivalry. Everyone, put on your war face!

HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:44 am

I've got every thing packed but my laptop now, will pack that after this post. My did still has to load his stuff into the car (good thing I made him pack bags last night or he'd not be ready till 4:00pm!). I hope to leave within the hour.
Oh yeah, and I've convinced my dad to play on one of the days! He will probably only play a few rounds so we will have to decide what day we want him to join us and which rounds we want him to participate in.

See you guys in around 6 hours! If someone really needs to contact me, every one who came to Soakemore should have my cell. I don't have internet on my phone so that is the only way to contact me once I'm on the road. Bye!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm on the way to the airport. See you guys there!

Edit: Flight arrival to LGA delayed to 6:10pm.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:20 pm

Alright, so evidently my cousin cannot come anymore because his dad is celebrating his birthday tomorrow. He didn't know about this earlier. Both of my brothers are coming though.

Also, I hear that the weather is going to be pretty shitty overnight (snowfall and ice rain). If the roads are really bad, I might not be able to make it down (at the very least I'd be a few hours late). Bailey also said that his mom wouldn't let him go if the weather is bad. There is also supposed to be 3-5 inches of snowfall at the battleground area. So I really don't know what I am going to end up doing. DX, if you want to talk to me about it, feel free to call. I'll have my phone on.

Next time (if there is one), we are doing this earlier.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:05 pm

I too, have friends who decline or no-show at the last possible moment. I've stopped talking to them.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:10 pm

My main problem with friend isn't so much them bailing at the last minute, but rather never answering their phone (home or cell) so I can't even tell them about it. Recently I have stopped being friends with two people because of this.

Back on topic: I am at Duxburians house, been here for a while but just now brought out my computer. Anyway, right now it is just me, my dad, and DX's parents as he is still coming back from picking up CA99 at the airport and is in really bad traffic.
SEAL: Please try and convince Beiley's mom to let him come. Overnight is is supposed to be somewhat bad (although no snow yet) but DX's parents say tomorrow should be pretty warm. If you can get your cousin too that would be great, but that is really just wishful thinking as family event are very hard to get out of (and often you don't want to anyway).
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:19 am

The snow forecast got revised downward, 1-3 inches with less in the valley areas. Being right on the Hudson, it should be more rain than snow so we should be ok.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

marauder

Post by marauder » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:08 pm

So, first day of fighting in the books. Great day! There was no snow to be found. I'm still glad I brought gloves cuz of all the glass and splinters at the factory. Wetmonkey had some work obligations last minute so the rivalry got postponed. We ended up switching teams and it was a lot of fun.

Here's the first day's fighting. Final scores are still being revised as we go over the film to clarify some things, so I'll get back to that later.

Factory CTF
0 flags captured, so round resorts to 1 hit scores
Scott (Vindicator)
Marauder (CPS 2000)
Duxburian (CPS 3000)
CA99 (CPS 3200)
Tony (Python 2)

defeat

SEAL (CPS 2700)
Chief (?)
Baily (?)
Ambush (?)
Richard (CPS 1200)
Danny (WWF Stone Cold)

One Hit Scores @ Factory
SEAL, Chief, Baily, Ambush, Danny and Richard defeat Scott, Marauder, Duxburian, Tony, CA99. Same guns

Outpost @ Northgate

Marauder (Gorgon) 4 flags flipped/bases captured
Duxburian (CPS 1200)
Baily (CPS 21k) 2 flags flipped/bases captured
Danny (WWF Stone Cold)
Ambush (CPS 1200)

defeat

SEAL (CPS 1200)
Chief (Vanquisher)
Scott (Vindicator)
Tony (Python 2)
CA99 (CPS 1200)

One Hit Scores @ Northgate
Duxburian (CPS 1200)
CA99 (CPS 1200)
SEAL (CPS 1000)
Baily (CPS 21k)
Ambush (CPS 1200)

defeat

Marauder (Gorgon)
Scott (Vindicator)
Chief (Vanquisher)
Tony (Python 2)
Danny (WWF Stone Cold)

Final One Hit Scores @ Northgate
Marauder (Gorgon)
SEAL (CPS 1000)
Chief (Vanquisher)
Baily (CPS 21k)
Tony (Python 2)

defeat

Duxburian (CPS 1200)
Scott (Vindicator)
Danny (WWF Stone Cold)
Ambush (CPS 1200)
CA99 (CPS 1200)

first game tomorrow is 1hk! :soakon2:
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:48 pm

This was an awesome war. My only complaint is that one of the fighting areas required a long walk to get to (it seemed shorter when we first explored it). Also, the factory wasn't quite as good as it looked originally, due to many bottleneck-type areas where the first team to charge is the first team to die. At least one of the rounds there was fun. Scott's dad was actually surprisingly good, haha. He got hit quite a few times, but he also made some kills. Overall, I'm glad that I postponed studying (I'll be fine, don't worry) to attend this war. Thanks to DX for hosting, and thanks to everyone else who came and added to the experience. Once I get done with finals I'll get to work on a war report.

Now we have to figure out what to do during the rest of the week. DX and anyone else: I'll be on Skype and AIM a little later today, so we should talk about it.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

Area51

Post by Area51 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:45 pm

This was the only war that our nozzles got frozen! plus where I went to the bathroom,A couple of hours later when I went back it was frozen two! "Lol!" It was so better than last year! The main reason that I like this Water Wars than last year was I was Good!!!!! :bringiton:
-=super midget=-

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:50 pm

I've stopped writing war reports, so here's a summary. Considering the quality of this war, I may end up expanding it to a full war report anyway.

::Day 1::

- Standard CTF @ Factory -
CA99 + Scott + Rob + Ben + Tony
vs
Brandon + Keith + Jon + Bailey + Radiodad + Danny

Fast, intense, and fun, but ended up in a stalemate. The flags were set at opposite ends on the 2nd floor of one of the factory buildings.

Anyway, we ended up in a standoff around a large door, just trading shots. No captures were made. There was a tall window up and to the side of the doorway, but it was useless for making any accurate shots. Ben tried to find a path around, but to no avail. The game was ended early due to the stalemate.

- OHS @ Factory -
Same teams as previous game.

This one ended up horribly for me, but was way more interesting for other players. Tony and I were posted to guard a high area that, from the beginning of the round, I knew the opposing team would never get near. Later on, we were finally told to leave, although I was itching to defy orders and take off on my own.

The building had two entrances, and most of the action happened at the one on the top floor outside. There was a mesh fence with a hole cut in, and the result was a very difficult chokepoint to cross. Before this entrance is a tall platform and ramp that slowly leads up. The bottom entrance opened up to the first floor with a stairwell, which I wanted to explore in order to keep the opposing team from setting up a nasty surprise.

"No, don't go there", is all I got. I stayed in the center where everyone else was, but it was too overcrowded. Throwing additional numbers at a chokepoint doesn't help. I ended up getting Joned on the rampway up. Then I got Joned again at the very bottom of the ramp when I finally decided to explore the first floor. I lost exact count of hits, and didn't film that round. The game eventually ended without any of us on the first floor building being told, so I ended up making a few plays and kept Keith and Bailey back before we were told that the round already ended. I ended up with 4 deaths or so during that round.

Sometime along, Ben accidently Joned a group of... stoners. Apparently there were strangers around, despite how quiet the place seemed to be. They also had no hostility over getting hit with a CPS 2000 in that weather. Told you guys that stoners are friendly. (They also make amusing wall art.)

- Outpost @ Northgate -
Orange: CA99 + Scott + Keith + Brandon + Tony
vs
Blue: Ben + Rob + Jon, Danny, Bailey

This one was just a straight-up disaster. I was left to defend 4 control points with Tony, but Ben rushed through and took over. There were several problems here: First, the opposing team started way sooner before we did, then I was faced to decide whether to make a run for the outpost I was told to take, or try to hold off Ben who was approaching it at the same time I was. Had we not started late, this would've worked out otherwise. I ended up rushing to take the control point, leading to an explosion of other problems. The control point was at a super-vulnerable location and I ended up getting hit, giving Ben plenty of time to capture, rush up, and attack the other control point.

A lot of unclarity occurred after. I was grazed by many shots that Ben tried to call hits as I returned fire. The cover was very difficult to use effectively, and I did not have the speed to handle the terrain. I got hit again, then spawned at the last remaining control point. Assuming Ben would be busy enough with Tony (it was the only chance I had anyway), I dashed out and made a run for the control point I was originally assigned for. Ben quickly dashed forward like a ghost and shot me in the back. All the rapid movement between steep terrain was not working for me, since such terrain is virtually nonexistent in Michigan.

- OHS @ Northgate -
CA99 + Rob + Jon + Bailey + Brandon
vs
Ben + Scott + Tony + Danny + Keith

This one didn't quite have the similarities of the previous round. It started as a lot of maneuvering around high and low ground, but eventually we settled at the Northgate mansion to defend it. The defense was not the most eventful as no one tried to rush in, but we did exchange some shots. I came close to getting hit many times, but don't recall the actual times I was hit.

- OHS @ Northgate -
CA99 + Rob + Scott + Jon + Danny
vs
Ben + Tony + Keith + Brandon + Bailey

The second game started both teams much closer to each other. We ended up holding a hill that got attacked quite a bit. The wind started in our favor before shifting against us, and I ended up getting hit once. The other team had a good chance to rush the hill and wipe out the rest of us, forcing us to respawn elsewhere, but this never happened. I had very close chances at getting hits but it never happened.

::Day 2::

- OHK @ Woods (light primaries only) -
CA99 + Rob + Scott + Tony + Brandon
vs
Ben + Danny + Keith + Jon

Another relatively uneventful game. We moved around a bit, but couldn't get much action to happen. Jon got eliminated when I forgot we were playing OHK instead of OHS. I got grazed with droplets many times again, but dodged them. We ended this game early from it becoming stagnant.

- 1-Flag CTF (2 rounds) @ Foundry (light primaries only) -
CA99 + Scott + Keith
vs
Jon + Rob + Tony + Danny

This one was real fun. We held out decently, but eventually got outrun when some mistakes were made. Scott and I defended a room near the flag, which is a very crucial position to defending or attacking the flag. Unfortunately, the other side of our defense must've been overrun, since they were able to make a run for the flag.

We swapped sides and adjusted the teams for the attackers to outnumber the defenders.

CA99 + Scott + Keith + Danny
vs
Jon + Rob + Tony

I think our team captured it sooner. The defenders made the mistake of not keeping control of the room near the flag, so I quickly made my way in. What happened later was rather odd. I made a run for the flag, but was hit in the back without noticing it, so I made a faux capture. The game resumed where we were, although perhaps I should've resumed from the respawn point instead of the room. Oh well, a lot of spawn rules weren't followed, although at one point, the entire defending team was eliminated, and I was able to make the real, final flag run successfully.

- 1-Flag CTF (2 rounds) @ Barn -
CA99 + Scott + Brandon + Jon
vs
Keith + Ben + Tony + Danny + Rob

We played this one after lunch, and it was quite chaotic. Apparently I got the spawn rules wrong and pulled instant spawns at our defenders' location without counting to 20. Both teams held out for a short time, but I'm not sure who held out longer. The playing area was quite interesting, but also tricky.

- 1-Flag CTF (1 round) @ Foundry -
CA99 + Scott + Jon + Brandon
vs
Keith + Ben + Danny + Rob

The final battle was also the most glorious. Unfortunately, it took too long for the attackers to be successful, but we got pretty close. Pushing back the defense was not easy. I made a mistake near the end: going for refilling instead of using the last water I had to make the final push. I managed to almost secure the important room, which would've helped us capture their flag. It was a tough match, but a good one at that.

Anyway, hope I didn't miss anything nor make any errors. I'll be editing footage and what not in the meantime. I will be going to a Nerf war with Rob next week. Not sure who else in our community will join, but Ben and Scott might; the rest is NIC/Nerfhaven. (http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24595)

Edit: Fixed headers that were getting turned into smilies LOL.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Pretty awesome first day, although it would have worked better if Duxburian hadn't kept us up until 1 am making the markers for outpost (got up at 7:30). I was running on adrenaline so I will see how much I can remember.

Factory CTF:
I had my dad (Richard) playing for most the factory rounds, he got tired near the end though. Despite not fighting with me in about 2 years, he was really good (got me at least twice, and shot many others). Even Duxburian had trouble hitting him! The battlefield was two large rooms on ether side of a building with a hallway dividing them (arranged like this []|[] ). When the round started we made a rush for the middle, the plan was for Duxburian, CA99, and Tony to hold them off while me and Marauder went outside to look for another way in and possibly flank them. My dad came running out just as we entered the middle and Marauder got him almost point blank with a 2000. After that we skirmished for a little bit but as thought, the battle for the middle was a stalemate. We had taken the hallway, but the enemy had very defensible position within the door way. Marauder and I ducked outside and looked around, but the only other "Entrance" we could find was a hole in an old garage door (about 1x1ft full of splinters and 3 feet up). We went back and told Duxberian to fall back to draw them out while been helped me climb through the hole (having no muscle helps sometimes!) but they were onto us and fired when we looked through the window. We ended up fighting in the hallway more, the enemy had propped the metal frame of a garage door in the doorway, and we tried poke it over with stick. I eventually took one for the team, and jumped out of cover and kicked it, but got shot in the face by SEAL (I think). About the time I had responded Kieth flanked us from the side (there was a door way in the back to get out), but we help him off. After a little more fighting the round was over. It was stalemate, but I still thought it was really fun.

One Hit Scores @ Factory:
This one was a meant to be less of a stalemate with one team starting in that building, and the other starting in the building across a courtyard. Our plan was to have me (I volunteered as the bait) go out and draw the enemy back to our building, where the rest of my team would fight them from the high ground. Not sure what happened because at the game start everyone but CA99 and Tony had come down with me. SEAL came out first and ran along the walkway above the courtyard, Duxberian and him traded shots, and I tried to make my way up the ramp to the walkway and flank SEAL. About the time Baily came out and I had to throw myself behind pillar in the wall to dodge his shots. Then Danny began firing through a hole in the wall above me at Duxburian but was out of range. I eventually forced my way up and shot Baily (I think) but then my dad came out and forced me back. When Baily came back my dad moved to the hole and started firing at me. Having to dodge three people at once, I fell back and looked for another way in. I found a staircase in the back and was about to go through the stair entrance door when Baily (or Kieth, can't remember), fired from out of the blackness and scared the *** out of me. I didn't even see the stream it was so dark, but the sudden noise in the silent factory basement was freaky. I traded a few shot but called it hopeless and went back to the ramp. We managed to push them back into the hallway by then but I took a hit from Jon when I tried to charge him. By then my gun was empty since I hadn't refilled it between rounds. I came around the corner with my camera to try and film but Jon shot me again! I filmed for a bit, then got my Python 2, and played for about 5 minutes, but then the round was over.

Outpost @ Northgate
I don't know what happened with this one, CA99 and I had gone down the hill to the stream to refill. It took us about 15 minutes to get back up because the hill was so muddy. By the time we got back the game was about to start. We each rushed out to a different flag, but somehow SEAL Kieth and I ended up at the same flag. There way had to fight of Duxburian and a few others (I was so dehydrated at that point its all a blur). Somehow Marauder took the base we started with from CA99 and then jumped up to the ledge we were on but I shot him. SEAL then got hit, but his gun broke anyway, and I tried to flip the flag back to our team (I think Marauder must have flipped it to there side), and got shot by Duxburian so now we were all out and had no spawn points.

One Hit Scores @ Northgate
When we started this round I realized that we had a major weapons disadvantage. We all had Buzz Bee Guns while they had CPS 1200's, a 1000, and a 12K. We realized that we couldn't attack so we decided to go on the defensive. Our plan was to lure them to a spot where we could easily defend them, but we ended up attacking most the time. We started off at the ruins of the mansion and advanced toward the enemy starting position, I split off from the group and went up the hill to try and spot them and maybe out flank. Marauder spotted them first and signaled me, Marauder's group advanced straight toward the enemy while while I tried to sneak around them and charge them from the top of the hill. By the time I was in position, they were on the next hill over, by the time I made it up there they where looping around to where we started. The other team ended up behind the ruins of the old mansion, a very defensible position although we actually wanted them there as there wasn't anywhere to retreat. Me, Marauder, Tony, and Danny went around to the left side while Kieth kept watch from the hill above to make sure they didn't come from the other side. Just when we started the attack on the left, I ran back to Kieth and we started the attack on the right. The primary defenders on the right were Baily and Jon and they had very thick cover to hide behind (even a CPS 2000 can't shoot through 1 1/2 feet of stone and I had a Vindicator!) We also had good cover, and were able dodge all their shots while getting a few hits on them. I had a nice stone doorway to hide in, so I let Kieth go back to the left to help Marauder and his Nephews. About this time Duxburian and SEAL started coming to help every now and then, forcing me to hold off 4 people at times. This was fine until SEAL started going through the thorn bushes behind the mansion to try and flank me. I continued holding off Jon and Baily but began calling for backup to deal with SEAL. It was a good three minutes before Marauder showed up, only to leave again leaving Danny to defend against SEAL who had just made it through the thorn bushes down the trail. Danny got killed almost immediately by SEAL and I tried for a few seconds to hold him off but it was 3 on 1 and I had been driven from cover. I ran back to Marauder shouting "The right flank is lost! The right flank is lost!" We retreated up the hill and spread out along the upper path to keep them from flanking us. I don't remember what happened after that but the round ended shortly after. I'm really not sure how we lost, the only thing I can think of is that my teammates must have taken a lot of hits on the left flank as I got about 4 or 5 kills and no deaths fighting on the right.

Final One Hit Scores @ Northgate
This one was a disaster and it was mostly my fault. We started on a hill that was backed by an almost unclimbable slope on one side. The enemy came and probed our defenses but couldn't do much because we had the high ground. I was in charge of guarding Keith who was trying to attack our right flank. I knew I would never get him so long as he was at the bottom of the hill since he wouldn't get within range. I went left along the ridge in an attempt to lure him to the top of the hill (which had very uneven terrain with lots of logs to climb over). I figured once he was at the top the logs would prevent him from dodging or retreating quickly if I charged. He finally made his way to the top but just then a strong wind started from the right giving him twice the range I had. SEAL quickly charged up the hill and joined him, completely outflanking us. They got a lot of kills on all of us before me and CA99 managed to clear Marauder, his nephew, and Baily from a building on the left side of the hill giving us an escape route. CA99 covered me from the side while I inched along the wall until I was able to stick my gun around the corner and fire at the enemies on the other side. SEAL and Kieth also fell back for some reason, allowing us to get around the hill and upwind of them. The enemy team then retreated to the hill across from ours and the same thing happened in reverse. The rest of my team attacked the hill head on while I sneaked across the stream and around the other side of the hill. I was in perfect flanking position with the wind to my back and charged their hill. They fell back allowing most of my team to take the hill. Now we were all on the hill only my team was upwind allowing us greater range. About now time ran out. Though we still lost, if we had had a few more minutes we might have won with the wind on our side. Really comes to show how much wind can play a factor with such short range weapons. Even with a height advantage the upwind team was able to drive the other back.

This was one of the best wars in quite some time, thanks Duxburian for hosting it! I hope to give a war report of day 2 soon, although I am waiting until someone posts the teams and scores first because that will help me remember stuff better (I remember what happened, but I don't remember who it happened too!)

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:09 pm

I haven't been that big on attack/defend scenarios over the past few years, but the 1 flag CTF rounds at the Foundry were amazing. The first round I participated in involved being on the attack against the shell of some big building. The round was incredibly intense and full of action. I took a Vindicator down to less than half a tank in only 6 and a half minutes!

I managed to get the flag by sneaking in through a window. This wouldn't have been able to happen if Keith hadn't given me the signal. That's one thing we really developed in this war, better non verbal communication. There was a lot of signals going around.

The next round featured our team (Keith, Danny, Rob, Tony, and myself) defending the same building. Our original plan was to build a little bunker for Danny to hide in next to the flag, but we realized that any thing less than total cover would just box him in and lead to him being hit due to lack of mobility. After that realization we decided to start the game with an attack. Rob, Tony, and Danny attacked straight out the front of the building, with Keith on the left and myself on the right. This was a great plan that caught the enemy by surprise, we managed to make some hits, and bought us an extra minute before we had to fall back into the base. After SEAL stole our flag I was completely shocked to find out that we only held out for 6 and a half minutes!!!

The final round was another good one. Our same team defended a set of connected buildings. We had too few people to defend the whole complex, but it was definitely enough to hold the one building with the flag. The attackers were unable (after 19 minutes) to take the flag before it was time to leave on the 30+ minute down hill hike to our vehicles. I actually managed to run the Vindicator out of water during this round! Scott, have you ever done that before? I was, however, using it on the largest (6 or 7x?) nozzle setting. I wasn't the only one to run out of water this round. There was A LOT of fighting.

I have a lot of respect for the Gorgon after this war. I had to borrow guns since I flew and didn't bring my own. Not to brag, but I went completely off with the Gorgon and went into beast mode during Outpost, capturing 4 out of 6 contested bases with the Gorgon vs opponents with CPS class weaponry. Duelfest was no joke. That's not to say that the Gorgon is out right better than the 1200. The output is indeed less, so you have to make up for that by taking more tap shots. The stock pump is also inferior to the 1000/1200/2100 pump, but not drastically so; but the amount of tap shots you can take, the range, and the field life are all huge advantages over other similar sized blasters.

Also, I really think that we found a lot of value in close range battles fought in small battlegrounds with lots of cover. Our 1hk between the 2 building complexes at the foundry was a complete fail because the woods in between were way too open and boring. I'm still a huge proponent of long battles in rough terrain with lots of stalking, but my next favorite is urban or forested warfare in a confined area with plentiful cover. In the future I'd like to see battles centered around these 2 types. We should eliminate anything like the 1hk battle we had in the open forest.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Day 2 was the best! (Except for that boring OHK round.) 1-flag CTF all day long. (Not a very long day at this time of the year though...) Perhaps I can get some scores from DX/M4, although I kinda have to do that for every war. Our stats are getting tracked, but I don't know where they're actually going...

Anyway, hell of a water war this weekend. Urban warfare is truly water warfare at its best. (Woods warfare is in a very distant 2nd place for me now. =p) Although that said, there's a Nerf shootout in the woods coming up soon. Nerfers apparently value NSS's more than Nitefinders, and refuse to drive up to CT for urban warfare. What a group lol.

Now, time to make darts. You guys should call/AIM/Facebook/Skype me in the meantime (*ahem Scott); I'm free for the day but have no idea what's going on how and what our plans are.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:26 pm

I forgot to ask DX and CA99, how did the backpack CPS's fare in urban conflict compared to other guns?

Didn't hear anything about 1500/1700's in war reports, given the nature of conflict I would have thought the 1500 would be almost ideal (especially with a 2x mod)
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:56 pm

The lamination of the BBT's was remarkably effective last weekend. The streams are slower, but they have reach, particularly the Vanquisher and Vindicator. This is the first time I've experienced CPS's mixing well with lower output BBT's.

Backpacks are real nice to have, and I'd like to backpack mod the 2000 I have now. A 3200 at just less than half-full still lasts well over a round of intense shooting. They don't have the oomph of a 2000 or even a 12k, but they do their job. Backpacks are way nicer than water bottle reloading; the water tube is a small tradeoff for not having to face any downtime for reloading extra ammo.

No one brought any working 1500's/1700's. I'll bring mine to the next war I drive to or if I host (obviously).
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:15 pm

I'm still not convinced that the Vanquisher is at the same level as small CPS or Vindicators, but I will say that Keith knows how to get the most out of his Vanquisher. In the right hands it can definitely be competitive.

The 3000s and 3200s were ok. I wasn't particularly impressed by either in comparison to the 2 3200s that my team owned. The range seemed to be somewhere between 40 and 42 ft if I had to guess. The field life was a particular boon to our efforts, but the lamination seemed to be pretty poor. I know Dux kept getting some air into his chamber which is something I've never seen before.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:18 pm

It's a shame that Colossus and Animal bought the farm years ago, those Thoroughbred 3200's hit 45' stock. Which is more than adiquit to overpower 1200K's
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo: