Last Chance Long Beach West War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
DX

Last Chance Long Beach West War

Post by DX » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Abbreviated/summary report, will post a full battle report later.

Brandon, Keith, Jon, and Bailey came down today for a small, 5 person war today. As those who attended Frozen Fury know, the city of Bridgeport finally got federal funding to repair the bridge, which will result in a completely rebuilt park. They will be demolishing the remaining buildings and replacing them. Crowds of people will come to the new park and it will be ruined. Construction workers have already set up a site near the old bridge and have fenced off a portion of the area against the public.

We decided to have one final war at LBW while all the abandoned structures were still standing and un-patrolled. All rounds ended up being straight OHS with 30 second respawn.

The first round was inside the abandoned theater. 3 people defended the stage and 2 attacked. We generally used AP and small CPS guns. The defense won, 2-1.

The second round was in the hallway of the theater and ended up spilling into the seating sections. Due to the CPS running out of water, we used AP guns. The team of 2 won, 2-1.

We then headed over to the abandoned pavilion to have a round inside one of the changing rooms. Brandon's modded Max-D 6000 broke, so we had to go 2v2 for this battle. Keith volunteered to sit out and film, which he did from a high vantage point on top of one of the walls. Due to all guns being out and needing to refill with salt water, only AP guns were used. My team won, 5-2. Brandon hit me in this round, grrr.

We then left for lunch and headed to another park, Saugatuck Natural Area. It consists of a series of high cliffs and massive boulders along the Saugatuck River. The first round was 3v2 with anything goes primaries. We started on different banks of the river and it became a race to the top of the highest ridge. This round lasted an entire hour and was very close throughout. My team took the early lead, but the other team, despite being outnumbered, equalized and won 3-2 on 3 Bailey deaths grrr.

It was starting to get dark and drizzle, so we had a final, quick 10 minute round on a much smaller hill. Simple 3v2 defense round with anything goes primaries and a 10 second respawn to keep the action going. The attacking team won, I still need to verify the score with the footage, but I am pretty sure 3-1.

No 0-0 ties this time! Yay! There weren't any ties. Also, everyone died at least once. As I predicted, no one made it out of the dark, close quarters locker room fight alive.

Thanks to Bailey for coming out this time and to everyone for putting up with the 2 mile walk out to Long Beach West. My legs are dead from running up that huge ass hill multiple times with an overloaded 2000. You could almost call it a mountain, as none of the hills we've used in Community Wars were half as tall as this one. Definitely getting a good night's sleep when I finally go to bed.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Last Chance Long Beach West War

Post by HBWW » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:45 am

I'm seeing more of these kinds of reports that seem so... impromptu, such as the duel Marauder had with oncoming storm earlier. Are these sorts of things ever planned at all to any degree?

Perhaps they're simply as planned as the games I had in 2012 that happened circumstantially. "So and so happened to be at this place at this time, and we had a water war."
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:15 am

This has been an idea ever since we walked out of LBW at Frozen Fury with no battle footage. It was too awesome and unique to let the city bulldoze it without getting footage first. However, this war only came together about a week ago. I knew it would be a small and physical war, so I didn't post to the board. It was certainly more planned out than the Hudson war last year where I happened to be in Saugerties, not very far from West Hurley, so I brought a 2000 along and we had a war with 1 night's notice.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:34 pm

This was a lot of fun. It would've been nice to have one more person though. I was going to talk to Poseidon about it, but I totally forgot (and I was annoyingly busy right before this), and he probably wouldn't have been able to come anyway.

DX: You hit me in the locker room battle too... :P
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:52 pm

Sounds great. I would like to see all the photos and videos linked on this thread. That was an awesome venue. Also, can you give a more clear list of what guns were used? I am always curious about that.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.