Battle of Adair Park

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Battle of Adair Park

Post by marauder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:30 am

I met up with the oncoming storm on the way from NC to MS yesterday. Although his friends were not able to make it we still had a good time.

We had planned on doing capture the flag, or maybe a team soakfest, but no one had been able to make it as everyone was still in school at the time. I decided that soakfest was no longer an option considering how deep my spare clothes were buried within all of the boxes of stuff I was moving. By process of elimination that left us with one hit scores.

Storm took my 300. It was the main reason we had met up to begin with, guns for money. Unfortunately there had not been enough room in my car to pack my 2000. I had to settle for the Gorgon. I caught myself laughing at the thought, realizing, "you know you have a good arsenal if you consider using a Gorgon as settling."

We started at opposite sides of the park, near these pagoda like gazebos. They didn't exactly fit in with the rest of the architecture, more simplistic, typical Americana. Kind of like my Gorgon didn't fit in the same battle space as my opponent's 300 - oh but it did.

My plan was simple, sprint to the wooded center of the park and keep my opponent out in the open. This part was easy. I took up position behind a large tree as the oncoming storm tried to sprint his way to a tree on my right. Several quad bursts told him that wasn't going to happen. He regrouped and ran again. I took a risk and moved out in the open, gambling that I could hit him before he could turn to his right. It worked. One nil.

"You are aggressive!" he said.
"Yep." was all that I gave in reply. This time he came straight at me, banking on superior firepower to force me back. His tap shots were impressively quick, but they fell short. I lunged forward, extended my arm and fired a rapid burst of shots. Two nil.
"You're shooting flat, bring it up to 45 degrees." I recommended. This was not to my advantage, but I always welcome a challenge.

Storm's next few shots actually sailed over me. I nailed him again. His aim was a little better after this. I hit him again.
"Four nothing! Really?"
"Well, I think you got me a little that time too, look at my side."
Double kill.

I tried to come at his side again but I slipped on the mud. Fortunately I caught my balance before I fell on my face but it left me vulnerable enough to get hit again. Another double kill.

We were both about out of water by this point and I had to be getting back on the road soon. It was 7 hours from Knoxville to Starkville. I let Storm into the trees at this point just out of curiosity. I returned to my typical wooded defense, you know, moving from tree to tree, trying to get close enough to blast him with the 10x. Storm's accuracy was much better from within 35 feet, so I actually moved back and gave a series of one lunging one handing tap bursts. Hit hit hit!

We were both about out of water at this point so we decided to call it a game. It was a lot of fun and I hope to see oncoming storm again, but next time at a community war.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Re: Battle of Adair Park

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:28 am

I haven't had a duel in quite a long time. There's a certain purity to them; a kind of rivalry that you don't get in team games. In other words, you can't ever blame anyone else for loosing except for yourself.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:20 pm

This was a lot of fun and the reason I was better at 35' and closer was the fact that that is where I tended to fight with the gorgon. I really had no plan at all but I always tend to move to the left flank which proved a bad move in this battle as there was no cover there. The result was that the game ended 6 to 3 in his favor.

I have plenty of battles to make reports for myself (6 to be exact not including this one) but I will hold off writing them till Friday when I take the 300 against my friends for the first time. As to be expected all were brief and one of these fights was my first night battle.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Sounds like fun. Good battle report too. Maybe I should start adding dialogue to my stories, though I usually don't remember much of what people say. (Except for some notable examples; "Why is my hand sticky?" :lol:)

Did you guys take any pictures? I guess there isn't much to photograph, but you could've done funny poses or something.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Sounds fun! I love having Duels with my friends where we have the same exact gun or 1500 vs 1700. Although this has not happened to me, if I was out of water and my opponent went for a dramatic kill saying "any last words?" or something like that, I always thought it would be hilarious if i just unzipped and peed on him for the kill! Okay, yes it is extremely gross, but you can't say you wouldnt laugh! Okay i'm sorry i really am, i just think it would be funny. I know i am stupid. Okay I'll shut up.
"The world is yours" - Nas

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:21 pm

Nemesis wrote:I always thought it would be hilarious if i just unzipped and peed on him for the kill!
!!!.jpg
!!!.jpg (8.54 KiB) Viewed 2302 times
Reminds me of this...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Wedding present idea for Marauder: a GoPro + head mount + SD card. Get yo games on video, man. No seriously, a GoPro is a great investment for community wars. Get your games on video, instead of getting video games. =p

And I'm pretty sure we covered the topic of alternate liquids in another thread...

Speaking of duels, I'd like to duel an old rival again this summer (whom I'd always loose constantly to), but that Five Guys meal I just had for dinner says no. =/
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Haha. I would have gotten pictures but I lost my phone at the war! I had planned on getting a gopro before the war, but for some reason my computer wouldn't recognize my friend Chris' gopro, so I decided not to get one. I currently have a dumb flipphone and the senior plan - yes it's seriously called that, I was supposed to be 65 to get it but shhh - so I'm saving $800 per year but missing out on all the awesomeness that the iphone could deliver. I have a camera back home, but it said the memory card was locked. There's a little switch on the side to lock/unlock the memory card, but messing with that didn't fix it. I tried using a different memory card but then that one also became locked or unreadable after I put it in my camera. I am not sure how my camera could do that. It's not like it's a computer that can have viruses.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Yeah, we never quite took care of that when DX and I were over...
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:01 pm

MMMM Five Guys sounds great. What exactly is a GoPro?

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:03 pm

HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Lol. That was hard!

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:15 pm

:goofy: GoPro is fairly well known in action cameras. Their stuff is pricey though, which is very annoying when things inevitably get lost. Unfortunately, I don't have any particular alternative product to suggest that provides a convenient head mount, although as mentioned in the action cameras thread, you could, for example, duct tape a cheap action cam to the blaster.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare