Gauging interest in the Jersey Shore

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Poseidon2000
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Re: Gauging interest in the Jersey Shore

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:04 pm

ok, just thinkin'

6'9"! are you serious?!? that would NOT be easy to carry, nor practical.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:56 pm

It's the largest blaster I know of, I figure he could use that easier. I myself am 5'6 so blasters fit me just fine, for him I need to find a blaster with a large handle and pump.
I've got 110 problems but a <Nice lady> Ain't one

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Neptune wrote:Sadly I'm going to fix the 300; the repair should be simple enough and I have a relativelhy large (6'9) tea,,ate its going to. Everything else is tiny in comparrison
Oops, that looks like 'tee', not 'team' :goofy: sorry!

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm highly interested in seeing how your team turns out. What kind of battles do you plan on fighting? Do you plan on fighting each other or taking on other teams?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 pm

I wonder what team i'm on.... :mrgreen:

Maybe I could be a spy for SEAL. :goofy:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 pm

A lot has been said here; I'll try to respond in chronological order.

Poseidon: If you wield a CPS 2000 the proper way, total repressurization only takes 4 or 5 pumps after each shot (which takes like a second or two.). Never ever ever empty the entire PC of a CPS 2000 in anything other than a soakfest. You will be dead meat. With 2000s you want to fight cautiously; only take the shot if you're at least 90% sure you can make it, and you have to pull and release the trigger as fast as you possibly can so you won't have to repump as much. Whereas with blasters like my CPS 2700, you can pretty much shoot as much as you want while only pumping once or twice after two or three shots. The 2000 is tricky to use effectively, but if you master it, you can be an extremely deadly force on the battlefield (not to brag, but it was like that with me in one of the HTL rounds at Downpour this year.). And for the record, not all 2000s shoot 50 feet (or at least, MK2s don't.). DX's vary from like 46 to 55.

Neptune: We often have air pressure only rounds at our wars, and CT this year will probably be almost exclusively air pressure and weaker CPS, due to the colder weather. Even if we did use CPS, we could easily loan some blasters out to you, since there are always plenty of extras available. As for large blasters, the biggest single-piece water gun ever made is the Monster XL, but it's not all that powerful considering that it's like 3 feet long. The 300 is a good choice though; I don't really consider it that big, even with the backpack, but it's like the 2nd most powerful stock water gun ever (yes, that includes CPS blasters.).

As far as teams go, I have a small one that consists of me and my two brothers (they were at NJNO 4 too.), although I have like two friends who I fight with occasionally. We were actually talking about having a clan-based team system here, where we split up members of the board into two teams, which would fight each other once a year (perhaps at Downpour.). We still have to decide on how to do some things though, but you guys can all join one of the teams when we establish the system.
Poseidon2000 wrote:Maybe I could be a spy for SEAL.
That depends on how good you are. Prove yourself to me in CT...
Haha, it doesn't really matter too much; if you want to be on my team, I'd gladly welcome you. The more the merrier!

DX

Post by DX » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:52 pm

No way dude, Neptune is on my team. I built my original team around speed and he can beat me on grass in a race.

Also, concerning 2000s, I did a lot of testing and discovered more variability than originally believed. For one, they get up to 6 1/2 full shots per tank, not 4, and they can get as many as 11 legit tap shots per tank (that one can get as many as 70 tap shots per tank). A while back, I tested one of my MK2s and found that its range and other attributes agreed very closely with iSoaker's. But, I never bothered to test the other 4, and that was quite a mistake. The one I've been using as primary, the one with the camo cover, is not my best 2000. One of them has been consistently shooting 53ft+, with less than 1 foot of variability (the squeaky one that nobody wanted to use!). Another has been shooting 51ft+ consistently, and another has been weird - it usually shoots 46-49 feet, but every now and then it launches one as far as 55' 11" (and ignoring the last drop, didn't even bother to note where that landed). When it's gearing up for a big blast, you can feel it as the kick is enormous. When it's gearing up for a dud, you can also tell because it feels like a stuck Max-D valve. I actually think that different loaner 2000s have affected the stats at community wars, particularly the hill defense at Hydropoc, where all 5 were used in one battle. I don't remember who picked up the "squeaky" one, but they would have dominated as it would have been flying over 58ft down that hill.

The 2000 is not for everyone, but it's like any other soaker - you have to master it if you want to see its full potential. Else, you only have a limited experience by which to judge it upon. This is why I don't respect the 1500 in battle the way I do the 2500. I'm so much more familiar with the 2500 that it exerts a greater presence. I don't really "know" the 1500, despite owning 6 of them and dueling Nibordude 2500 vs 1500. It ultimately doesn't matter what you end up using as a primary, as long as it's decent and you master it. It can be fun to try out other models, too. I tried the 2000 for the first time in a serious war at Downpour 2011 and...I enjoyed it. It was very different than the 2500s and 12Ks and 21Ks I was used to, but it was so much fun that I switched primaries.
You don't remember the camo guy? I thought about going to more of those wars, but Nerf never really had the same appeal to me as water guns. Plus you guys' fighting style is a little too laid back for me, haha. I prefer the more militaristic style of fighting that we do at water wars.
It gets better when you make it to the Invitational wars, where the pace can get pretty furious and a drenching storm is simply ignored. There was even a round where we used mounds/bushes for cover and actual tactics!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:58 pm

I'm a 2500, 3200, and lever kind of guy. Being a kid doesn't mean you can't be a tanker! I'm at my best with my 2500, 1000 and 250 though.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Well what's good weapons for what? 2ks for sniping and 2.5ks and such for tanking, but what's good for what playstyles? I myself love rushing and running and such, so what would be a good, light, durable weapon for that? And here's a loaded question, what's a good, preferably multi-shot, side arm I can sort of use with a spread shot (like a shotgun). Though a side arm isn't overly needed.

If anyone else is a fan of Halo, my load out is DMR/Shotgun, and that's essentially how I like to play.

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:21 pm

Eh, arctic blast/flash flood.
Isn't that big, like small leaning to medium, but has riot/shotgun blasts

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:21 pm

I legit just passed up an Artic Blast... Darn you DX! But seriously, how one sided is the AP vs CPS battle if I rush? I have so much AP...

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:59 pm

tis not all one sided. AP is just not that preferred for the droppoff. CPS, hense the name, has constant pressure. Some may not be good, like the 1-3-5, but some AP could be great, like the 300. depends on what YOU prefer. get it?

EDIT: for light primaries:
CPS 1000-1200-2100. the smallest of the series, yet still has raw power. price: $25-$40 :cps1000: :soaked:

XP 150. all around favorite. it's basically the old reliable. Some versions' nozzle pops off, to make what is essentially a shotgun blast. price: $30-$40
Last edited by Poseidon2000 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:03 pm

But is there an upside to AP?

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Some AP's have massive pumps, taking barely any effort. If you replace the PC with something bigger, the more power. for AP, the bigger, the better. Unlike CPS, AP isn't that much gas guzzling. AP tends to be lighter.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:08 am

If you are a rusher/flanker then I suggest any of the following weapons:

CPS 2000
I have used this very successfully in ambushes and running in and out off the flanks. As previously pointed out, you will only want to shoot when you have a high probability of hitting someone. Carrying a sidearm may be a good idea, or you can run to a heavy tanker for a refill.

CPS 2500
I recommend using this on the furthest shooting nozzle. This depends on your individual gun. The 2500 I have fires 45 feet on every single nozzle, so I would recommend using 5x for ammo conservation with a gun like this; however this is atypical behavior.

CPS 1500/1700
I much prefer this to the 2500, but as DX says, it's probably due to my familiarity with the weapon. The 1500 has the same power as the 2500 and the same capacity. It holds about 10 more oz in the PC (I LOVE this), but does not have a 20x nozzle. It actually weighs less than the 2500, however the weight balance is slightly better on the 2500 and the 2500 does have a guided/tracked pump.

CPS 4100/Monster
The 4100/Monster is slightly less powerful than the 2500, 1500, or 1700. This was a common weapon on my old team and the max range was typically 41-43 feet vs ~45 feet for 1500s, 1700s, and 2500s. The 4100 has some nice nozzle choices. The largest nozzle (8.5x) is smaller than the largest nozzle on the guns above this one, but I typically find that I never need a nozzle larger than 8.5x in 1 hit scores or elimination games. The 2.5x nozzle is useful if you're getting low on ammo. The previous guns do not have this option. The fan nozzle is not very useful, but you can drill it out to make for a sick shotgun blast.

Was just informed my internet time is up...will have to come back and edit this post with more info.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:13 pm

Sadly all of those guns are rather expensive haha

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:48 pm

I wrote: for light primaries:
CPS 1000-1200-2100. the smallest of the series, yet still has raw power. price: $25-$40 :cps1000: :soaked:

XP 150. all around favorite. it's basically the old reliable. Some versions' nozzle pops off, to make what is essentially a shotgun blast. price: $30-$40
^_^ ^^ 'bout as good as it could get for your price range! :goofy:

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Right now my price range is maxed, but I should get a TON of decent enough blasters to get a starting point for my team. My legs a little messed up right now sadly but I got 9 people that "should" be definites for a war in a week or two :D Though It would probably end up being about 6 (counting myself) knowing my friends

Poseidon2000

Post by Poseidon2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:49 pm

youch, hopeya get bedda!
As for price, those guns are like never ending on ebay, so you'll have time to save. M4's picks are obviously better in performance, for the price of, well... price :goofy:, meanwhile my picks are lighter and cheaper, plus from what i'm seeing is more down your road, so it's good to start with.

Neptune

Post by Neptune » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Right now I'm starting on what I can get for relatively inexpensive, and when the hobby kicks off with my team we'll buy better guns and possibly sell what we have no. I also would like to get basic guns to get used to modding with vinyl tubing more. Hopefully some barbs or quick disconnect valves in there to be able to replace and repair pipes that go bad, stronger springs in triggers, and shell reinforcement. Just the basics that I feel would benefit the longevity of the blasters.

On a side note, what are good replacement screws and replacement piping sizes (ss 200/100 mainly) for blaster repair? I'd like to buy a few.