Annual Vancouver Waterfight

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
soakinader

Annual Vancouver Waterfight

Post by soakinader » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:54 am

Was searching the net and I found this:

http://www.facebook.com/vancouverwaterfight
https://www.facebook.com/events/144960288974558/

The Vancouver, BC 6th annual waterfight! I don't know if there are many active BC members, but I plan on going, and hopefully meeting some new people! Maybe even some members! (or members-to-be)
As of today, there are 670 people registered as attending. It should be awesome. July 21st, 1pm, Stanley Park.

My loadout, I think should be my CPS 1500+3X setting, my CPS 3000 with 20L backpack (filled with as much water as I can carry, ~12-15L) and possibly my Monster.
I'd like to take my SS300 out for a real field test, but I think I had best leave that at home.
I worry that my nozzle-coverless 1500 and homemade backpack-hose-connector setup for my 3000 will scare people, but I hope that it gets me some credibility as a modder/repair dude, and hopefully I can score some deals from people with broken soakers XD

Anyone else coming? Comments, suggestions?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

DX

Re: Annual Vancouver Waterfight

Post by DX » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:51 am

Crap, I missed this by a week. I was in that part of the world last week for a cousin's wedding and I was in BC 2 days ago, haha. I would recommend using something with big output, but good field life. Aka 2500, 1500, 3000, 3200. An SS 300 might be a bit fragile for a huge public soakfest. Keep the wackos converting soakers into shotguns in mind when transporting your modded soakers.

Have fun!
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks DX. I was really hoping that there was somebody out there in BC on here....
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:10 pm

Meet people, tell them about WWN! Then there will be. Also, take pictures!
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Bring my camera to a waterfight? Riggght. I think what I will do is put my phone in a plastic bag and take pictures through it. (8MP :<D ) Also, it looks like I am walking there... I may have to decrease my loadout to a single blaster. Wish I had a CPS 2100 right now- it would fit in my backpack and I wouldn't have to worry about the pump. I will probably take my CPS 1500, 100$, and some "business cards" for me and for this site. You never know when someone's Monster XL will explode in their hands and I can score a deal (I am going to bring a folded up, long bag JIC)
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Bednesti

Post by Bednesti » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:33 pm

I am a somewhat-active BC member! :D

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 am

SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:01 am

The last time I shot a water gun at a person, I nearly hit a pregnant lady with a camera. While I don't doubt that people take pictures (I know they do) I just want to be prepared for someone with a CPS 2000 to sneak up on me. So my camera camera stays at home, and into the bag goes my camera phone. That won't hurt it.

How's it going Bednesti? What is your arsenal like? Are you coming? And what's with the name?
I trolled your posts, the ones about the Thunderstorm/Electrostorm/clip fed motorized crap are hilarious.

And I really, reeeaaallly wish I lived in north carolina right now... I don't have any modded soakers (yet) but I have enough raw materials...
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:06 pm

So this year's first waterfight was a bit of a bust. Due to bad weather reports the day before, and a rather grey and gloomy morning, only a hundred or two people showed up the whole time instead of the usual 400-500 at once. I did, however, meet a new friend (and possible member here) whom I will refer to as "Xavier" for now, he was the only one there with a Colossus (which I liked very much) and he is very interested in making a simple, piston based, long distance, high capacity backpack homemade.
Apparently he had just bought it for 25$. Ouch. Aren't they like 15$ at Wal Mart?

According to him, last year the same thing happened, but a second war broke out one month later, and it was EPIC. Instead of the war concentrating around the waterpark, it spread out to include the fields in the surrounding areas, seperating into two armies, which met in the middle with battlecries, torrents of water, and death poses for the defeated.

I was unfortunately delayed and arrived about two hours late, but supposedly I didn't miss much, according to Xavier.
Anywho, I got three pictures which didn't show much, but there was a nice variety of soakers and people on the field.
There was two people looking very cool in star wars clone trooper masks, dual wielding electrostorms, with half a dozen extra clips on their belts and a tornado strike, but aside from the masks (which were a good idea) they were quite innefective as expected. XP
EDIT: There was a father and son that showed up with WW Pulse Masters. Holy cow, those things were big. They didn't seem to shoot much, but when they did, wow.
There were also a few people using scatter blasts and hydro cannons, and half a dozen people with red and blue rattlers, bottle blitz, and shot blasts. There was a red 03' Blazer sitting on the ground with a group of people but they never used it :(. Later in the day, a kid with what I swear was an AP Gorgon* with a fan setting showed up, and I liked it quite a bit, but the compacto nozzles were a bit annoying. I also ran across three people decked out with Vindicators and classic series SS 50's. There was also a kid with an XP backfire that was quite hilarious. I also saw an aquashock sneak attack, a few flash floods, and those mini electric pistols which I don't give a crap what they are called, and of course there was the eponymous little kid with a Hyrdo Cannon bigger than he was, and another with a big, cheap soaker called the EX 630, which is almost CPS 2000 sized, but works like an SS 50. XP
EDIT: *The Gorgon had no strap, and the kid said he had just bought it at Walmart last week for 20$. Xavier said he was going to go look there for a cheap Colossus...
I, of course, was equipped with my 3X CPS 1500, which outclassed pretty much everything there. I used the 3X setting to tag people at first, but when you are being charged by 3 or four people with shot blasts, you need to intimidate to win. So I would nail them one at a time with short, 10X bursts. Most people left me alone after they witnissed my 'water'power. I didn't use the 5X setting much, but I did find it would make people jump more than the 3X did. Needless to say I was the king of the battlefield, at least until the people with buckets came. They didn't have any water gun whatsoever, but they were the most feared nevertheless.
On the battle footage, I saw more flash floods, and two guys with homemades, so there is hope out there.

There was a little kid with a shot blast and his back turned to me and Xavier. Xavier started blasting him with his Colossus, and the kid started backing towards us. We thought he was confused and unsure of where he was being attacked from, but he kept backing up until Xavier stopped shooting and the kid turned around and nailed Xavier in the face point blank. That kid... wow.

So, here's hoping that in one month, we have "The return of the annual vancouver waterfight" ! Most people that I met are clamouring for it!
Last edited by soakinader on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:19 pm

3x on a 1500? Did you mod it?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:53 am

I really hope y'all get to have another battle. It'd be nice if Xavier ended up showing up on the boards here. Can you imagine if the Downpour crew showed up with our CPS 2000s, 2500s, SS 300... can you say party crashers?

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:15 am

M4: I'd be down for that if everyone wants to do it next year. :goofy: I'm generally not fond of these mass soakfests, but I think it would be fun if we all just came with our best blasters and completely annihilate all these people with their stupid little motorized Super Squirters. Then people would see how bad they are...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:28 pm

That sounds like if would be fun, a huge rout by WWN It probable won't happen though. :(
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:19 pm

Yes, sounds great, but Vancouver is a bit far for me, even if it was I tie in with visiting my aunt Joane; I don't like her! Did do something a little similar on the 4th of July though. Every year my neighborhood has a big parade. I decorated my dads car and me and my friend had water guns! :D The first time they attacked us (with Thunderstorms) they just got blasted by a Colossus and Arctic Blast (still better), but I finally managed to get my 2500 up through the sunroof and they got a nice surprise when they came back!
:o :cps2500: "Eat 20x!"
If it was a bit more local, say within 2 hours, I'm game! Guess I will have to get back to making Gene Roddenberry create a working transporter. :goofy:
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 pm

Yes I did, I think someone has added a 3x to a CPS 1500 before. I did the same thing, drill a big 1/2 inch hole and a little hole. The cool thing is, that whoever designed the 1500 spaced the center of each hole exactly 1 inch from each other and the central axis. So it was as easy as triangulating 1 inch from the holes and the center, and bang. Well, that and cutting the edges of the selector to allow it to rotate. I might post a pic later. I am worried about the plastic breaking- there was some strain on the plastic before I even touched it.

Marauder, I don't know the Downpour crew, but the thought of a squad decked out with fully loaded cps equipment arriving and drenching anyone foolish enough to challenge them... is just awesome. As some of you might know, I have enough CPS equipment to load up.... Wait, I actually have to think about this... 7-13 people, I just need to find out who is free for next time... XD

I would love to meet y'all in person for a soakfest... assuming that I on your side, and not facing the likes of the Super CPS, colossused and k-modded CPS 000's, various homemades, or staring down the barrel of a Douchenator...

A lot of people were in awe of my CPS 1500, hopefully opening their eyes to an older, better generation of water weapons.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:02 pm

I'm pretty sure when M4 said "Downpour crew", he was referring to all the participants of our community war (that we named Downpour.), which would be me and my brothers, marauder4 and his cousins, DX/Duxburian, scottthewaterwarrior, and wetmonkey442. The 2nd annual Downpour takes place this weekend, but we won't have as many people this year. It's going to be held in upstate New York, if you feel like making the trip...

If we ever do this party-crashing thing, we should all arrive at the same time (we'd meet up beforehand.), get out of our cars, and destroy everybody. It would be even more awesome if we all had full camo and used advanced squad maneuvers...
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:51 pm

I would be up for strolling in with black suits and CPS 2000s.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:31 pm

That's awesome. Unfortunately, I don't think I can jump halfway across the country (and over the border!) to New York for a water fight. Maybe next year? :D
I would be up for strolling in with black suits and CPS 2000s.
You know, they did give away CPS 2000's for Men In Black movie promos. That fits perfectly.
Way too cool.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

Bednesti

Post by Bednesti » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:35 pm

soakinader wrote:The last time I shot a water gun at a person, I nearly hit a pregnant lady with a camera. While I don't doubt that people take pictures (I know they do) I just want to be prepared for someone with a CPS 2000 to sneak up on me. So my camera camera stays at home, and into the bag goes my camera phone. That won't hurt it.

How's it going Bednesti? What is your arsenal like? Are you coming? And what's with the name?
I trolled your posts, the ones about the Thunderstorm/Electrostorm/clip fed motorized crap are hilarious.

And I really, reeeaaallly wish I lived in north carolina right now... I don't have any modded soakers (yet) but I have enough raw materials...
It's going well. My arsenal is very small, my only real good blaster is my CPS 2500. I'm not coming to the war. My name is named after Bednesti Lake, a lake in my area.

soakinader

Re: Annual Vancouver Waterfight '13

Post by soakinader » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:34 pm

So it's the Return of the VAW! I will hopefully be attending this year, with even more guns and hopefully some good weather!

My dream is to finish my Hydrocannon upgrade and use that for the waterfight, but elsewise I am not really sure what to bring. I am thinking of bringing my solar shower backpack (hooked up to the Hydrocannon, possibly my CPS 3000, possibly just used as a gun filler) my CPS 1500 3X, but I would also like to bring A: Something big and intimidating (CPS 2000 maybe?) and B: Some good, durable super soakers that I can lend out to some friends if I run into them. I am thinking of my pair of Vindicators, possibly some CPS 1000's, IDK. What do you guys think?
Worst case scenario I am walking there; so for now assume I can carry 4-5 big guns. The backpack I have is something like 1 X 1 X 3 feet in size.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.