Martianshark's small battles

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
martianshark

Martianshark's small battles

Post by martianshark » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Small battles that aren't significant enough to start a thread about will be posted here.

To start, I was playing with my friends one day when J decided to dump a bucket of rainwater on M. We decided to get revenge on J. We both chased him for a while with buckets of water. Eventually, I got him while M was holding J in place. I'm not sure if that counts as a war.

---

Today, my younger brother (A) wanted to have a water fight. He chose my new Steady Stream II, while I decided to try using my water worm. It's actually a really nice weapon. It has decent range, and when I cornered A, I was able to shoot him nonstop for minutes, almost as if it was a hose.

To make it fair, I let A use the hose against me. Since I couldn't use my water worm's QFD, I chose my Outlaw. This was more than fair; I was completely soaked, while A was hardly hit at all.

So then I went to get my newly modified Hydro Cannon. With this I managed to get several direct hits from a distance without getting wet from the hose. After that, A got cold and went inside.

EDIT: I may have posted this in the wrong spot.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

martianshark

Re: Martianshark's small battles

Post by martianshark » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:44 pm

Today my brother wanted to have another water fight. This time my other siblings (M and C) also joined. A used his Helix, C used my Avenger, and M used my modified Vanquisher. Like almost all my battles, it was a soakfest. I started with my Water Worm, but since everyone needed the hose to fill their guns, I had to fill it using a different hose. Like yesterday, I ended up switching to my modified Hydro Cannon, which is a really awesome gun. After a while, M got tired and went inside, so I used the Vanquisher for the rest of the war. This was also a really good soakfest weapon, being able to shoot a 4x stream for twenty-something seconds, and a 1x stream for 30 (this is an estimate). A is only 6, but he had some pretty good tactics. As I tried to shoot him, he hid under boxes and behind box lids, until he made it to where he hid his Helix. Then he pulled it out and shot me. After that, I shot him with the 1x until it was empty. As we had agreed beforehand, the battle would be over once the Vanquisher was empty. The end.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:16 am

What's the range on your modded hydrocannon? What have you modified on your vanquishers?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:15 pm

I haven't measured the range yet. I only have one Vanquisher. On my Vanquisher I have drilled out the fan nozzle to get a huge riot blast. I also K modded it with some punching balloons and did a PC expansion (meaning I removed the net surrounding the bladder)

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Hmm, I would love to get output and range ratings on that drilled fan. I have thought about doing that on my Vindicator but didn't want to try in case I made it worse, not that I ever used the fan mind you, but it would no longer be "like new" condition.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 pm

Okay, I measured all the stats for my Vanquisher. Some were surprising, especially on the small nozzle.

Drilled fan:
9 oz/sec
6 seconds shot time
30 ft

Middle nozzle:
4.3 oz/sec
12 seconds shot time
41 ft

Small nozzle:
1.3 oz/sec
39 SECONDS WOW!
AND 39 FEET TOO! How ironic!

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:36 am

That is a lot of water! I did some quick conversions- it's over 3 pints! (Would have comverted to metric, but didn't want to have to look it up.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:49 am

It looks like you definitely got a range increase on the fan nozzle. How about the other nozzles? Do they shoot further than before?
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Yes. They're also a little more powerful, and shoot for a really long time. When loaded, the PC now takes up the entire front reservoir.

Atvan, use Wolfram Alpha.

atvan

Post by atvan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:40 pm

Wolfram Alpha is indeed epic, but I just did it in my head- I didn't feel like searching, as previously stated. :goofy:

The trick to mental math is to recognize patterns, and since I saw one, I used it to make it easier. 1.3*39 is a pain, but 16.0[thirteen squared, with the decimal moved]*3 isn't- it's 50.7, which is fairly close to 51.2, which is nice to do math with (it is 8^3, divided by ten). Divide by 8 for cups, and then by 2 to get pints. 3.2 pints, then a bit lower, since I rounded up. Tada! just a bit over three pints.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 pm

A week or so ago, I had another water fight with A. We decided to start with a small piston fight. I used my Steady Stream 2, and he used my Avenger. We shot at each other for a while, but pretty soon we got bored and switched to PR guns. I used my Equalizer and A used my Outlaw. He was excited to find out that my Bandit could connect to the Outlaw. It was difficult for him to use both at the same time though. He liked to shoot them off at the same time. After that battle, we decided that I would use my Gorgon, while he would get all the guns he was capable of using: The Bottle Blitz, Equalizer, Outlaw and Bandit, Steady Stream 2, and Avenger. I haven't used my Gorgon in a while, so I forgot about how awesome it was. After battling for a few minutes, A remembered a fort he had built himself for our next water fight. He had stacked a bunch of boxes and other junk around an old desk.

So A went inside his fort. A tried to shoot out at me, and I tried to shoot into the fort. Once my Gorgon ran our, I switched to my newly fixed CPS 1200. I was able to soak him really well with it, but once it ran out, A continuously shot me with his piston guns while I was refilling. After filling my CPS 1200 a few more times and firing inside his fort, A claimed he won and went inside. The end.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Haha very interesting fort. Maybe you can get a combat sometime, with the 10 second delay function. Glad to see you're getting to fight rather frequently. I'm jealous.

First Battle (not counting rain buckets)
2 points - write up a brief battle report (<250 words)
+1 point - participate in a duel or small skirmish (2-3 players)
+1 point grammar

Second Battle
+1 point grammar

Third Battle
+1 point grammar
+1 point per photo (maximum of 10 pts per submission)

14 points so far for battling

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:12 pm

^^ That looks like the funnest thing to sneak up on, stick a fully powered CPS 2000 into, and squeeze the trigger. (Or was he not hiding inside that pile and I'm just making bad assumptions?)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Yes, he was hiding inside it. I don't have a CPS 2000, so I used a CPS 1200.

carbonate

Post by carbonate » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:48 pm

the fort is made out of bins kind of looks funny too

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri May 25, 2012 11:30 pm

14 points from the committy for this submission. Wiki updated http://www.waterwar.net/site_wwn/wwn_wi ... t_Tracking