2nd round - Comunity War Name vote

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.

What should we call the Comunity War?

Aquapocalypse
27%
Downpour
64%
Hydropocalypse
9%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 11

atvan

Re: 2nd round - Comunity War Name vote

Post by atvan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:28 pm

I meant the BZP megareviews. :goofy:

http://www.brickfair.com
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

DX

Post by DX » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:37 pm

BrickFair VA 2012 6 months away
Aug 4th & Aug 5th, 2012.
11:00am - 4:00pm

Join us at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA!
Darn, it's the same weekend as Apoc, the largest nerf war on the east coast. They couldn't move it just a little further north? :(
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Black Six wrote:If you guys are going to have a battle at BrickFair you can probably count me in, and I could get a whole mess of people who would probably join us too. The only problem is that most of us probably wouldn't have blasters, since they're not soaker fans and would be traveling from out of state.

I can also provide info on the event. Scott - how have we not met there yet? I've been to every one they've had.
I remember you talking about it last year, said something about being one of the big Bionicle guys. I would have said high last year but didn't know which one you were, I thought it would be kind of awkward to go around asking "which one of you is Black Six on isoaker.net?"

Are these people the same ones who do the lazer tag thing every year? I heard something about that last year but was trying to make a movie at the time (it didn't happen, all are actors went to lazer tag, lol! :lol: )

I have exhibited at Brickfair since it moved to the expo center (this will be my 3rd year), I went as a visitor the year before and before that didn't even know LEGO cons existed. I am the guy who every year has had a really bad looking aircraft carrier (which won't even be coming this year unless I rebuild it buy August) and a bunch of WWII stile planes that are good. I also brought a bunch of cars and a massive, 10 wide train. I wear a fishing vest full of pencils most the time so I shouldn't be too hard to spot this year (if I don't hang it off my chair).

Depending on how many people come to the battle I could provide some guns, other then the ones I am going to use I could probably bring 5 or 6 mid sized ones, I doubt I could fit that many big ones in the car and I wouldn't want to loan such guns to strangers when they are hard to get anyway. Black Six, do you have any spare guns?

I have made a new post about Brickfair and a possible war there here. I think it would be best if any farther talk about Brickfair was held there.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:55 am

(Hint: He's Black Six on BZPower.com too…)
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:55 pm

My problem with the name Downpour is that I just don't find it interesting enough, it doesn't capture my attention the same way as the others do. The "pocalypses" run the risk of being too flashy, but I'd still prefer either of them over Downpour (no offence to whoever suggested it, I do sound like I'm abusively going after the name, that's not my intent)

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:05 pm

The final tally is in, I'm sorry I meant to do a last call post yesterday but I think every one who wanted to vote has by now.

The final tally is:
Downpour with 7 votes
Aquapocalypse with 3 votes
Hydropocalypse with 1 vote

So the east coast annual community summer war will now be known as Downpour (though for the next year or so if you still call it the CSW people will probably know what you are talking about). Now I would lock this topic but I have no idea how to. :goofy:
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:12 am

(no offence to whoever suggested it, I do sound like I'm abusively going after the name, that's not my intent)
I suggested Downpour and Hydropoc so there is no offense taken. I believe iSoaker put up Aquapoc. Anyway, this is how you lock a topic :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Sorry to abuse my mod powers by posting in a locked topic, but if we're set for the Downpour name, I'll be down for making another logo/promo for this year's. (And this time there will only be one logo behind it: WWn. No iSoaker, no SSC, and for goodness' sake, no HBWW logos lol.)

If anyone is interested in doing some stuff on the logo, open up a new topic about it. We could have another one of those little contests and have a vote afterwards.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat