Naval Water Warfare

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Nitro123PG

Naval Water Warfare

Post by Nitro123PG » Sun May 22, 2011 8:22 pm

THis summer I will be going to a lake with several friends, and we will be waging Naval Water Warfare. Right now, my only game idea is to just fill the enemy canoe until it sinks, but I know you guys can come up with better. So far the rules are....
1. You can't bail water out of a canoe. Unless the ships are right next to eachother and are dumping buckets into eachother, water will probably go out faster than in.
2. Do not do anything to damage the canoe.
3. You are allowed to get out of your canoe to try to pull the enemy canoe down into the water.
4. Don't start beating on people with canoe ores if your canoes are close together.
5. You CAN shove the enemy canoe away with the ore, however.
6. You win when all the enemy canoes are sunk. Pretty easy.

Teams will probably be 2 canoes VS 2 canoes, though 3 VS 3 is possible. The entire game will be on the lake, so no land combat rules. :)

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Naval Water Warfare

Post by HBWW » Sun May 22, 2011 9:17 pm

I've been waiting and wanting to have a naval war for 5+ years. Really pissed that I never got to. Interesting setup, though not sure how it'd work out particularly dealing with concerns of safety and of non-canoe boats.

Personally, I'd go for temporary elimination using spawn intervals for each boat. The boats don't have to go all the way back to a spawn point, but they have to stay in place and are eliminated temporarily when they're out. This makes things more interesting because you can use WBL's on each other, hopefully without doing too much environmental damage. If water balloons end up being a bad idea, it can still work with other water weaponry, such as specially designed homemades, modified air pressure blasters, syringes, etc.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun May 22, 2011 11:37 pm

You can also splash each other with oars. If you use WBL's, you should probably use biodegradable balloons.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Wed May 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Right now, me and my friend are trying to fiqure out how we will split eachother's arsenals on the canoes. This plan is assuming it is a 1 VS 1 canoe battle. Still working on a 2 VS 2 chart.
CANOE 1
-----------
1. Huge Stream Machine
2. XP 270
3. Pulse Master
4. Arctic Blast

CANOE 2
-----------
1. Small Stream Machine
2. CPS 1000
3. XP 150
4. Renegade

Right now I'd rather be on Canoe 1, I think that big Stream Machine will be much more deadly on a naval canoe battle than on land. The XP 270 and Arctic won't be to effective except for the AB riot blast at close range. Same with the 150, Pulse Master, and Renegade. Hopefully the 1000 and the smaller Stream Machine are a match for the mega Stream Machine.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed May 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Virtually all water balloons are biodegradable if they are made from latex rubber.

I did some quick Google searching on this, after noticing that my own water balloons were taking years to rot. According to this, and consistent from old leaves I've seen, latex balloons rot at the same rate as some leaves. (Oak leaves according to one source.)

http://www.balloonhq.com/BalloonCouncil/faq.html

From all this, I'd say, go for it, but aim carefully and if any balloons land in the water without bursting (not sure how normal that is), pick them up and reuse them. I am not sure how balloon bits affect wildlife in both ground wars and in the water before they decompose, so I take it's best to pick them up when possible. However, studies that have been done have not reported any wildlife choking on or otherwise being harmed by water balloon bits. I don't take that as a green light to go crazy and drop water shells everywhere like it's the first worldwide water war, but it also cuts me some slack if I miss a few bits while cleaning up.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... 64&bih=663

Watch your CPS's. Some kinds of water are not good for CPS bladders, though I've used a Flash Flood on a lake before years ago and it's bladder is just fine now. (However, all sorts of other parts of the blaster dropped dead, but I bet most of that was due to bad design.) I'm probably just being paranoid with natural water sources, but it doesn't hurt to be sure. It's strange because some water safe to swim in is unsafe for CPS's, and some water safe for CPS's is unsafe to swim in.

Paddles make good splashers. I would take pedalboats over canoes, but canoes work too.

A little know-how on water blaster modification will help you a ton here. With a little creativity, you can hook each blaster to a tube that goes directly into the lake and have an endless supply of water. Just pump away, and unlike the Stream Machine, the conventional water blasters don't have to be dipped into the water. Last, but most obvious, be dead-careful not to lose blasters to the lake. Easy to say and easy to tell yourself, but out there it's a real risk. If you're paranoid about this, you can tie/tether all blasters to the boat without too much trouble lol.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Thu May 26, 2011 9:28 pm

CA99 wrote:Virtually all water balloons are biodegradable if they are made from latex rubber.

I did some quick Google searching on this, after noticing that my own water balloons were taking years to rot. According to this, and consistent from old leaves I've seen, latex balloons rot at the same rate as some leaves. (Oak leaves according to one source.)

http://www.balloonhq.com/BalloonCouncil/faq.html

From all this, I'd say, go for it, but aim carefully and if any balloons land in the water without bursting (not sure how normal that is), pick them up and reuse them. I am not sure how balloon bits affect wildlife in both ground wars and in the water before they decompose, so I take it's best to pick them up when possible. However, studies that have been done have not reported any wildlife choking on or otherwise being harmed by water balloon bits. I don't take that as a green light to go crazy and drop water shells everywhere like it's the first worldwide water war, but it also cuts me some slack if I miss a few bits while cleaning up.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=c ... 64&bih=663

Watch your CPS's. Some kinds of water are not good for CPS bladders, though I've used a Flash Flood on a lake before years ago and it's bladder is just fine now. (However, all sorts of other parts of the blaster dropped dead, but I bet most of that was due to bad design.) I'm probably just being paranoid with natural water sources, but it doesn't hurt to be sure. It's strange because some water safe to swim in is unsafe for CPS's, and some water safe for CPS's is unsafe to swim in.

Paddles make good splashers. I would take pedalboats over canoes, but canoes work too.

A little know-how on water blaster modification will help you a ton here. With a little creativity, you can hook each blaster to a tube that goes directly into the lake and have an endless supply of water. Just pump away, and unlike the Stream Machine, the conventional water blasters don't have to be dipped into the water. Last, but most obvious, be dead-careful not to lose blasters to the lake. Easy to say and easy to tell yourself, but out there it's a real risk. If you're paranoid about this, you can tie/tether all blasters to the boat without too much trouble lol.
Thanks for all the Googling and typing you did for this thread. I need the info.
I don't know if we can use water ballons. I don't think there is a hose there, and if I pre-filled them they would probably all burst before we got there. THe amount of time between my last time at a hose and the lake could be several hours, but I can try to water ballons into the equation. As for the CPS 1000, I think it will be safe. The water is as clean as tap water except for a bit of lake water particles, but it shouldn't hurt the 1000. I don't think my AB will explode on the inside from a bit of lake water, but my CPS 1000 will anyway. That thing'll spring a leak if a speck of dust gets into it. :|
If you, (or I) have a way that I can use water ballons on a lake without a hose please let me know, they would be a lot of fun. Also, THANK YOU for the idea of tying guns to the canoe. I was very nervous about losing a gun to the depths of the lake, and this will help me a TON. :D One last thing, canoes are the only boats available. Thanks again.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 pm

You can fill water balloons with virtually any blaster; Stream Machine, Flash Flood, piston pumpers, etc. Might want to check if the place you're playing has policies on it though... Or not lol. It's up to you.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Thu May 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Oh, I never though of using water blasters for that purpose. Hehe... :oops:

Note: 100th post! Yay :)

Nitro123PG

Post by Nitro123PG » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:56 am

THe water battle is on Monday and if all goes well we'll have another on Wednesday. I might try to film some video or photos, but I'm still figuring out a way to keep them dry in case were on the losing team. :goofy:
If I do succesfully videotape our Naval Water War, expect to see it on Youtube on Sunday or Monday.
1 VS 1 is the most likely plan for now, here is the current chart.
CANOE 1
-----------
1. CPS 1000
2. Small Stream Machine
3. Renegade

CANOE 1
-----------
1. Large Stream Machine
2. Arctic Blast
3. XP 270