Community Summer War

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Community Summer War

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 pm

Some great game ideas are being thrown around, but we NEED people to be able to do this. I can't emphasize enough, if you are coming, tell everyone who may even possibly be interested in coming. As of now we only have 9 people:

Seal
Seal's Brother 1
Seal's Brother 2
Me
My cousin 1
My cousin 2
Wetmonkey
DX
Scott

Belisarious just told me that he won't be able to make it. If you go to a Youth Group I suggest talking to people there. That is how the Vermin Wars originated, and that's how we got so many people to come to the first few (then people started expecting them). I'm working every day until Monday, and today I told several people about what's going on, and I ran into an old enemy from the Vermin Wars at Bible Study so I am trying to get him to come as well.

9 people will be fun, but even having 5 more people would make a huge difference.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:29 pm

You probably wouldn't have to worry about me doing much if I was the special person, my friend Callan on the other hand loves that kind of thing. In an OHK CTF with respowning game I played he was shooting his own teammates and it wasn't a game where there was supposed to be a defector. He's sort of an anarchist, if not for that I might have considered bringing him to the community meet, but I don't think he's in town then any way.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:13 pm

thelaminator told me he would come if he wasn't doing anything else on the planned dates, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

For the "Everyone vs. one person" thing, we could try my On the Run game; I've been wanting to see how well it works.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:52 pm

The camping reservation has been finalized. We have one site with capacity of 6 (1 or 2 more could be snuck in if necessary). Right now we have 6 people who want to camp, which works out perfectly. The total came out to $63 with the reservation and out of state fees added in (I have already paid this in full). So, I would request that everyone who is camping bring $10. The exception is if you retrieve me from CT...then you can camp for free and save that $10 for gas. Right now that would be Andrew. However, we have this site for 2 nights (Fri and Sat) since certain undisclosed people want to see the war site a day early. If Andrew doesn't want to come early, would Ben pick me up from Conn?
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:06 am

As in next Friday, the 19th? I can do that, I've requested all of next week off of work. Send me a message on FB with the address, camp site, etc. and I'll give you a call later today to finalize the plans for when and where we leave.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:05 am

Yeah, that Friday. I'll send the info over later today, going out of town for a bit. BTW, I think we should have a round where it's only guns we'd never otherwise ever use in a water war. Either your bad stuff, or guns that are always looked over in favor of more powerful ones. I think my worst gun in terms of performance is either a Big Bottle Gun or an SS 50, but the kind of gun I'd use in this round would be like XP 95, XP 75, ZX 1000.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:28 am

Since it seams that it would be nice if we had more people and their skill/knowledge doesn't matter too much (or I would assume since asking people at youth nights was a suggestion), I will see what I can do. I might be able to get my friend Sam to come (I sort of forgot about him), he's been in more wars with me than anybody and is almost at my skill level (though don't try to talk to him about stats, in my circle of friends I'm the only one who studies water warfare). It depends on what the hotel reservations are (would there be enough beds?) and on whether my dad would allow him to come. I will try and get back in a day or two on whether he can come or not.
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

I am very much looking forward to this. I agree with DX's statement. We should, at the least, have 1 AP only game. We could also, possibly have a battle where team's armaments seem something like: XP 95, Shotblast, Goblin, Titan, 240... you get the idea.

This will be a lot of fun.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Only 6 more days to go! Everybody pumped? I am, and I'm praying that it won't rain.

Anyway, we should think of what kind of games we'd like to play, so we won't be standing around arguing at the battlefield.

My list:

Basic OHK or OHS game
CTF, any kind
Hold the Line
On the Run

I can bring flags if no one else is able to. So yeah, my list is pretty short, but that leaves enough room for any other games that someone may wish to try out.

I'll be looking forward to meeting all of you. When are we going to meet up at the field? I don't think anyone mentioned a specific time. I will try to be there early and set everything up (Which won't be much considering that the pavilion is already taken.).
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:30 am

Only a few more days left before this event begins!

For me, I can only live vicariously through you guys so share all the pics/videos/reports you can from these days of the community summer water war!

Side question: while I realize this is at a park, will you have any sort of access to internet connectivity at or around the battle grounds?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:11 pm

That would be cool. You would need to chat se others who couldn't make it could still participate. Maybe this is one of those "special events" isoaker was talking about for the skype chat. :)
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:20 pm

I have no idea if we'd be able to get internet access at the park. Even so, someone would need to bring a laptop, since I don't have one. A live recording of the event would be cool though.

How does 10:00 AM sound for the meet-up time on the first day? I know some of you are coming from far away, but aren't you going to leave home the day before? I think someone said that. We should put together a schedule that everyone can agree on.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

atvan

Post by atvan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Also, there are those non wifi internet things. Even an iPhone with the skype app would do. Chat would work better than video. In elimination games, the out could chat.

iSoaker, they did update it. The times are fixed! Woohoo, :D
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:06 pm

10 am sounds fine, though I'd say some people (maybe me) might run a little late though (I am not a morning person). And yes, I will be coming up the day before.
I can bring a laptop if need be but when/what would we be using it for? Because if we are going to be using it in an area with no outlets some one else should bring one too because mine has a battery life of about 20 minutes.

I think when we first get there we should start with some sort of semi-casual score based game so we can get to know each other and the skill level of other players before we start on the really competitive stuff. As far playing other games though I think we should really wait until we are at the event before we plan that. I don't know about you guys but what I want to play right now might change by the time I get to the meet. Also has any one considered what we might do outside of water war stuff? Like would we want to have a mini party at a local restaurant for diner or anything? I'm the kind of guy who makes decisions on the fly but for those who like to plan ahead you better start planning, the event is less then a week away!

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 pm

atvan wrote:iSoaker, they did update it. The times are fixed! Woohoo, :D
While it appears that the time has been fixed on this server, the iSoaker.net server overall has not been updated, only the iSoaker.com one has.

As for laptops, phones, internet, since areas may not be so secure, I'd recommend leaving laptops out of the picture unless a safe place for storing them is available. Phones with internet connectivity would be a better option. I wouldn't expect live streaming from the event, but if it were possible to pull off, by all means! I'm just wondering whether it may be possible to get some updates online during the course of the event as opposed to only getting reports after all is said and done.

BTW, don't forget to take a few pictures BEFORE the battles begin of the participants, playing location, and equipment/supplies being used.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:08 pm

I am going to be on Skype tomorrow from 5pm EST to midnight. Be on at 5 if you can, so we can discuss anything you want to. My skype name is punkr0ckcowboy, and my aim is punkr0ckcowboy. We can use the community chat room. Seal, we need you to be on there probably more than anyone else.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 am

I might be on the road in search of supplies, but you can always text me if you need to discuss something. Everyone who needs my number has it (but if you don't, PM or FB message).

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:00 am

marauder_4 wrote:Seal, we need you to be on there probably more than anyone else.
*Sigh* How many times do I have to tell you guys that I'm not able to use Skype? Is it possible to just tell me everything by PM?

Is it possible to squeeze me and my brothers in at the camping spot? I'd like to camp out too. You guys aren't planning to drink or anything right? Because I'd rather not participate in such things (I'm not allowed to anyway.). Besides, I imagine it's hard to fight very well while hung over. :P

DX: I don't have your number, so you can PM it to me if you'd like.

So you guys are leaving tomorrow? Good luck on getting here; I will be looking forward to meeting everyone.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:13 am

SEAL wrote:
marauder_4 wrote:Seal, we need you to be on there probably more than anyone else.
*Sigh* How many times do I have to tell you guys that I'm not able to use Skype? Is it possible to just tell me everything by PM?

Is it possible to squeeze me and my brothers in at the camping spot? I'd like to camp out too. You guys aren't planning to drink or anything right? Because I'd rather not participate in such things (I'm not allowed to anyway.). Besides, I imagine it's hard to fight very well while hung over. :P

DX: I don't have your number, so you can PM it to me if you'd like.

So you guys are leaving tomorrow? Good luck on getting here; I will be looking forward to meeting everyone.
I'm leaving at 3 am tonight because it's such a retardedly long drive. DX knows about the camp rules better than I do, and I think he posted them earlier in this thread. I am bringing a 6 man tent, as well as my personal 1 man tent. I think we can fit you in. I just bought a ton of chocolate, gram crackers, and marshmallows.! :lol: :lol:

I'm also bringing a basketball, some modding equipment, and my broken Flash Flood and Aqupack Devastators in case we want to mess around with that.

marauder

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 pm

*edit*

I'm not bringing any broken guns because I don't have enough room in my Civic. However, I am bringing a lot of rarer guns, and some oddballs just to mix things up.

I would like to run a few scenarios where our weaponry choices might be less than ideal. The big battles will feature heavy, high power guns, and again this could mix things up a bit.

I have a very rare QFD gun that I'm bringing. I'm also bringing my Shot Blast to counter Scott's Helix - one of the scenarios could include having to have a piston gun on each team :helix: :helix: . We could make up a small backstory for the scenario, kind of like an RPG (CA_99 you should be here :lol:)

This should give us more options for what we can do.