Map the Water Warriors' World

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
isoaker

Map the Water Warriors' World

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:13 am

Water Warriors of the World Unite!

Got a GMail account? Please visit the Water Warriors of the World map, click "Save to My Maps", then feel free to browse to locations that interest you for water warfare and put map markers in place, saving them to the map! This map is set at open collaboration presently so anyone with a GMail account can add markers. Even though you technically can, please do NOT put a marker directly on where you live since this map is publically accessible.

Hope you like the map and I look forward to seeing more info added to it! I've currently added some of the places I've visited since the creation of iSoaker.com.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Black Six

Re: Map the Water Warriors of the World

Post by Black Six » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:24 pm

Updated. :)
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

DX

Post by DX » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Lol Sparta...my high school track team stole a pair of your starting blocks when I was a junior :p
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Re: Map the Water Warriors' World

Post by isoaker » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:57 am

Great to see some new markers added! I've also added the map applet on the iSoaker.com Registry Landing page. There are some other places the map could also be placed, but I want to see how much activity it sees first.

Soak on!

Black Six

Post by Black Six » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:08 pm

DX wrote:Lol Sparta...my high school track team stole a pair of your starting blocks when I was a junior :p
You jerks! :P
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long."
-Anonymous
-=+Maximum Soakage+=-

Croc

Post by Croc » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Updated the map with my & mr. dude's locations, but did not include mr. dude in the post for some reason...

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:10 am

Some new points of interest have been added. As well, thread now moved to Water Warfare: General forum since it is about water warfare, water warriors, and places we enjoy to soak!

Soak on!

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:55 pm

I added myself! This is pretty exciting. The only problem I have with it is that you can't distinguish where people are from and where they've been just by looking at the map.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:09 pm

This is old, but I added a few locations. I think this map has potential, especially now that we're having community wars and such.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:21 pm

marauder_4 wrote:The only problem I have with it is that you can't distinguish where people are from and where they've been just by looking at the map.
To distinguish between types of location, different colour/styles of placemarkers could be used. Red for home location, Blue for siginificant water battles etc.

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Y'know, I should put an active version of this map on the WWn landing page. Can't push the map into the wiki due to code constraints (and allowing iframes opens up too many holes for the wiki, IMO).

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:19 pm

And now we've got the map on the main WaterWar.net page.

I should really start putting together a collage, too.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:44 pm

hey, look, someone put a green marker on the map! (not the house. that was there a while ago.)
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:13 pm

thelaminator wrote:hey, look, someone put a green marker on the map! (not the house. that was there a while ago.)
I hope that's not your actual location; if it is, move it at least to some park or something. That map is publicly viewable.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Looks a lot like it is on a specific house location at the minute, you might want to move that thelaminator!

(green house is mine, thought that different markers to represent different types of locations was a nice idea, but can change it if others object)

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:06 pm

I actually had no idea you could change the look of the placemarks. I'll do that now.

What I think we should do is, have blue marks for points of interest, while a member's home city/battleground can have whatever the member wants.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:23 pm

As long as it's easier to tell the difference between places of interest and home locations / battlegrounds, then I like the idea! :)

You can even use custom placemark icons! (tried my animated avatar, but looks a bit too large and flashy for a map icon :( )

More detailed placemark types can be added later if we feel that the map looks too blue! Points of interest could be one colour/symbol and notable battle locations could be another (as long as the two meanings don't overlap!)

EDIT: There seem to be two Spring Hill placemarks. I don't know which thelaminator wants to keep, so I've left them for now.

thelaminator
Location: By the time you've read this, It's likely changed again

Post by thelaminator » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:16 pm

it is not my address. just the town.

EDIT: oh, wow. it is on a house! not my house, thankfully, but i don't need people going to that address looking for me. is now changed so it shows that i live in the cow field next to my school. :goofy:
Andrew wrote: EDIT: There seem to be two Spring Hill placemarks. I don't know which thelaminator wants to keep, so I've left them for now.
every time i move the mark it makes a new one, so just think that i'm the sonic level that i'm not. :goofy:
[This account has been abandoned. Posts made by this account do not reflect the current views of the original account owner.]
[This account has not been terminated, for archival reasons.]

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Oh no! I'm sorry isoaker but I edited the title and description of the map! :cry: I thought I was adding a new icon, but it never appeared, then after about 15 minutes of looking around trying to figure out why I realized that that box wasn't for adding new icons but for editing the title and description! I'm really sorry about all this, I hope it is fixable but I really don't want to try and mess with it any more. If you make it to a war sometime you defiantly get to blast me with a 2000 for this.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:53 am

No worries... couldn't find a way to recover the old info, but put in a new title and info.