Water Warfare Event Announcements

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warfare Event Announcements

Post by HBWW » Sat May 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Welcome to the community! Soakemore is the next event coming up, but we're still going through some organizational issues trying to decide the date for it. Check the thread and chime in on when you can make it.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Sun May 31, 2015 9:54 am

It was fun. Thanks to chivesthechimp for hosting; too bad nobody else showed up. I have come to learn that people in general are very unreliable.

We did four 1HS games, played basically until we ran out of water. Two 3v3s and two 2v4s, where DX and I fought everyone else. We had to fight in the same place the whole time though, because it was one of the only woods areas that wasn't fenced off, and there weren't too many people there. We also needed to watch our stuff. The park was pretty crowded, which wasn't ideal, but it was still fun. I also got to ride the subway system for the first time, haha.

I only got one picture on my camera, a group photo. I learned that it's not a good idea to try fancy footwork on a wet surface. If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:32 pm

Hey Guys! Is anyone here planning on going to the Central Park Soakfest on the 25th? Also, Rob and Brandon, are you guys still planning a Bronx war or has that idea been replaced by the subterranean war?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:18 am

I'm trying to save money so I don't think I'm going to the soakfest. As for a Bronx war, that was Rob's idea so I don't know much about it. I'd think that there wouldn't really be any room for it unless it was combined with Frozen Fury or something.

Speaking of the cave war, would you be interested in coming? I guess someone would have to pick you up though.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:28 pm

I would but I'm not sure because I'm scared of dark and small spaces. Are you guys going to go really deep inside the cave?

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:43 pm

Oh, then perhaps you're better off not coming. We're going to be going in pretty far, and it is pitch black in there if you aren't near an entrance. The only illumination will come from glow sticks and some lanterns (everybody gets a flashlight too). It is pretty wide open, and the ceiling is like 15-20 feet high in most parts, so there are really no tight spaces aside from the entrance, where you have to squeeze through a cellar window-sized hole to get in. But I don't have claustrophobia so I dunno under what circumstances it kicks in. But if you have uhh...darkaphobia? I wouldn't recommend going. Edit: I guess nyctophobia was the word I was looking for. :p
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:34 pm

My parents just stumbled upon this:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1657094891209891/

Looks like someone is trying to pull of in DC what they have been doing in NYC for years. Saturday, July 9 at 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM at Harrison Playground is going to be the largest DC water war ever! Sure it wont be as epic as Soakemore, but given that I live here, I am probably going to go. Not about to try and drive down there, but I'm sure going to get some strange looks carrying a CPS 2500 on the Subway...
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DavidTheDankEngine

Post by DavidTheDankEngine » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:25 pm

Hey guys, I'm hosting a war in the Nethermead in Prospect Park, Brooklyn on July 24th. 30 people have signed up on facebook so far! We're going to meet up by the tall drinking fountain in the Nethermead, that's the yellow dot on this map: http://4b7g8h18dm66fuq483vqmyo1.wpengin ... ap-map.png.
Here's the Facebook link:https://www.facebook.com/events/1520922 ... 9720990073.

marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by marauder » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:26 am

DavidTheDankEngine wrote:Hey guys, I'm hosting a war in the Nethermead in Prospect Park, Brooklyn on July 24th. 30 people have signed up on facebook so far! We're going to meet up by the tall drinking fountain in the Nethermead, that's the yellow dot on this map: http://4b7g8h18dm66fuq483vqmyo1.wpengin ... ap-map.png.
Here's the Facebook link:https://www.facebook.com/events/1520922 ... 9720990073.
How did the battle end up? Wish I could have gone.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.