Water Warfare Event Announcements

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

Re: Water Warfare Event Announcements

Post by marauder » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:58 am

Date: August 1st, August 15th alternate date

Time: 1:30 pm

Estimated Duration: 1:30 - 5:30 break for pizza then continued fighting and night battling

General Location (city or town): Charlotte or Clayton North Carolina. Location will be determined by whichever location works for the most people. Please let me know which you can attend and if you can attend both which you'd prefer. Lodging is free for anyone out of town. If you're under 17 I'll have to hear from your parents just so that I know things are cool.

Expected number of participants / Teams involved: 20 of my friends have expressed interest/ability to come so far. I am going to start advertising around school pretty soon to invite more.

Game types to be played: Participants will be formed into 2 teams by randomly drawing names from a hat. I am open to the idea of predecided teams if you are bringing a group of your own. The two teams will play modified capture the flag 1 hit kills games. If you get hit you will not be able to fight and will have to go to the enemy prison just like in regular capture the flag. Teams will have 1 flag and 1 target at their base. If a team's target is hit all prisoners that team is holding must be released to the attacking team. If a team steals another team's flag and returns it to their base the team with the captured flag wins. We will also be playing an every man for himself "King of the Hill" one hit kills battle. Everyone will have a flag. If you get eliminated you must hand your flag to whoever eliminated you. At the end of the game whoever has the most flags (kills) wins. If there is a tie a tiebreaking match will be held consisting of a waterballoon duel. I am open to suggestions from those who plan on participating.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

HYDROSOAKER

Post by HYDROSOAKER » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:55 am

Hey are you guys are having a water war someware in OK? :oo:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:25 pm

http://forums.sscentral.org/t6132/

A few folks are organizing a Washington DC area war. DX and I are figuring out the details.

If you are interested in attending, please fill out this poll to help us determine which date should be most successful. Right now we're looking at a war in July to have some time for advertising.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:35 pm

I am having more then 50 Soakers...Does anyone of you have an idea how I could arange a water warfare in Austria ? I do not think there are lots of members out of Austria...But I love water warfare so much, may I once come up to you to the USA and then I will soak isoaker_com personally with my CPH or APH :D

Does anyone know what he does look like ? :D

Fun away...Any suggestions for summer 2011 ?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:33 pm

There was some recent pictures of him when he went to Alaska. :D

You're the only Austrian I know that likes water warfare (actually you're the only austrian I know at all). You may have to come to America to do a water war, but the United Kingdom is closer and there's some water warfare fans there. Also, I think the world's biggest water war is in Taiwan or something.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

GJIV

Post by GJIV » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Haha, may I really come to america onces^^ Then I will let you know and we meet at a park and make a big water warfare :D

I will use my APH(with the 5 soda bottles) and my k-modded, nozzle-modded and ball valve modded vanquisher :goofy:

Then we see which vanquisher is best, martianshark!

And you may als be right, I am likely the biggest SS collector in Austria, I also have never seen big CPS or Air Soakers here around, in Germany there can be find some but big SS are not known o´to Austrians I think :D May I can change this^^

SO much Soakers...I now have 3 Monster X !! and nobody to fight against...May I add some more videos on youtube...

You can find my videos on youtube by searching for "Let's soak, xD" :D

DX

Post by DX » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:27 pm

I have 4 CPS 2000s, 5 CPS 1500s, a a pair of 3000s, 3200, 2500, and god knows how many 1200s, 1000s, and 2100s, and nobody to fight :(
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:57 pm

I don't have a single CPS, but I have a few people to fight. :goofy:
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:22 pm

DX: I might be able to fight you, as I don't live all that far away from NJ, but of course we'd have to wait until next spring.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:05 pm

^ If I were you, I'd pack bring several layers of ponchos and towels before fighting him lol.

I'm going to have a LAN party and an informal indoor stock Nerf war tomorrow. I guess that doesn't count but it's the best I can do given how badly my body reacts to the cold.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:23 pm

I don't have many CPS blasters, only 2 or 3, I found them in a trash can and have been fixing them up the best I can, but even so they aren't vary reliable. I have maybe 5-7 people I can fight with, mybe more if they bring friends but it's hard to get them all together at once, plus only 1 or 2 of them are real serius about water warfare. I hope Ben gets another water battle together this sumer, didn't see his post last sumer untill after he called it off.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

DX

Post by DX » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:52 pm

I could have fought with ya, I was in Tenleytown for much of the summer. Kept a CPS 2000 under my bed just in case, but the only opportunity was a nerf war at UMD. Oh well, eventually we'll be able to put together a big war somewhere.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:13 am

Ben was trying to organize a large community get-together last summer. If I finally get my license by summer of 2011 and find a friend or 2 to join, I'd definitely give it a go.

Very iffy on going to Nerf events. I need to build myself a CPS air powered hoppered homemade first (and another good primary for a friend; would rather not go alone unless its close to where I live) unless people at those events actually lend blasters) or I'll get destroyed.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:25 am

The people at Nerf outings normally lend out blasters, I went to the DCNO a few years back and brought a friend, they lent us both guns. But if you show up with 5 friends who all need blasters they might be a little hesitant. I'm not real big on Nerf; got a few Mavericks, 2 moded Nightfinders, and a broken Longshot, but mostly I've just got water guns.
As for water wars for 2011, I could get maybe 5 or 6 friends together and go to a battle, though like I said before only 1 or 2 of them would be real serious, the others would get impatient in any thing more complex than a team soakfest - probably.
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:30 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Ben was trying to organize a large community get-together last summer. If I finally get my license by summer of 2011 and find a friend or 2 to join, I'd definitely give it a go.

Very iffy on going to Nerf events. I need to build myself a CPS air powered hoppered homemade first (and another good primary for a friend; would rather not go alone unless its close to where I live) unless people at those events actually lend blasters) or I'll get destroyed.
Weird... I planned a homemade nerf gun just like that.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Just a word of caution, some (Nerf) wars ban homemade air guns. They can obviously produce a lot of power and the more potent ones are more likely to break skin than springers. A Plusbow won't even give me a welt at mid-range, but a shoop gave me a nice one from distance. Homemade springers are more universally accepted. I bought an RBP from Ryan as my homemade upgrade, makes plusbows look ancient. 100-110 ft with slugs, but I use slingshot weights :p

Though, you don't need to have a rape cannon to do well. Up until recently I was using a 5 shot RSCB'd, stock spring PAS. Couldn't shoot more than 80-90ft, not even with slingshot-weighted white foam, but it was me using it :) As long as you've got reflexes, experience, aggression, and are very familiar with your gun, you'll do well. It doesn't matter if everyone else can hit 150ft if they can't hit you at 150ft. Same way it works with high-level water warfare. You can bring an XP 310 to a CPS battle and be fine for the most part. Not that you don't feel the disadvantage, but you can make up for it with other strengths. Unlike in water warfare, nerfers tend to hate woods, running for extended periods of time, and line tactics. Use that to your advantage. I suck on an open field vs plusbows and crossbows, but bring it into the woods and they get destroyed systematically. There will be moments when you can't reload fast enough to kill all the people you are capable of hitting, that's how severe the advantage is in forested areas.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 pm

My "Stefans" use plastic BB's as weights because I couldn't find anything better, they curve more badly than Streamlines, and I get perhaps 60-7ft on the two modded, muzzle loaded blasters I have. (My modded Mav gets perhaps 40-50ft) I'm already bad enough at dodging in water wars; if there's no cover in a Nerf war I'm done. The difference between a 310 and a 2000 in a water war is not quite as extreme. A little work with homemades/modding is all that's really needed at the moment; I just need to gather up more parts and work on it. Physical training's an entirely different story though.

There's a Nerf clan in MI and they apparently play in Troy for the most part. They've actually had a war at one of the parks I've had a water war at before; Firefighters Park. I may have to PM the guy on NHQ sometime.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:53 pm

"Firefighters Park" sounds very water warfare-ish. :goofy:

In the last big water war I went to, I kept accidently dodging water balloons. I even bent down to pick up a water gun and a balloon flew right over me. :)

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:29 pm

DX: I've never heard of Tenleytown before. Do you mean Tarrytown? Because Tarrytown is about an hour and a half from where I am. I don't know about Tenleytown though.

But yes, we should definitely put together a war sometime. I'll uh, have to bulk up my armory a little though. :goofy:
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:26 pm

martianshark wrote:"Firefighters Park" sounds very water warfare-ish. :goofy:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 11287&z=17

Personally, I find most of the grounds to be complete crap for water wars. The cover is simply too sparse and does not protect at all (from both water and from other players seeing you). Disk golfers also tend to get in the way. Perhaps a good place for water wars could be found past the northmost parking lot, but there likely won't be any good water sources there, if at all. The place I warred at was just south of that parking lot, in the woods where the shelter is. Bad place for water wars but it may actually work for Nerf.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare