Dream Battle Grounds, 2008 - ^

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:45 am

If you could hold a water fight anywhere in the world, where would you want to go? Do you dream of Amazon Jungle (Brazil) water wars or perhaps scaling the stairs of the Eiffel Tower (France) armed with your trusty soaker? Maybe the monoliths of Stonehenge (UK) would make great cover or would you want to try to hold off the nomadic soaker invaders trying to cross the Great Wall of China?

Where are your dream battle grounds?

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:24 pm

The Domes in Milwaukee. Three stadium-sized arboreatums, one is a jungle, another a desert, a third is set up for electric trains and changes displays 4 time per year.

An office or apartment building would be cool too.

Rather than specific locales, I'd like to participate in waterfight set up to resemble scenes from movies. Like the heist in Heat, or the ending firefight in The Kingdom. That'd be cool.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:48 pm

Hmm... Perhaps an underwater complex or a base on the moon would be interesting... I could always create some maps in paint if need be.

For the underwater base, I suppose a 2-base setup over the middle of the ocean where the flags are under the complexes could work. The bases would have to be reached by paddleboats and such, and perhaps a passage underwater could be created. Another possibility is a 2-base system from the underwater base to the top of the "mountain", then there's "mountain" to "mountain", etc. I've got plenty of weird ideas.

As for specific places in the world, Cedar Point (or any other park with good coasters for that matter) would provide an interesting background, though IMO the cover would be lacking, and it would require a lot of players, even in a "base"-to-"base" setup. (plus there's the danger of a boat crashing into someone trying to refill from the log flumes)

However, I haven't been to many water parks, but they would present an interesting situation of trying to avoid running through fountains, getting others to fall into pools, etc. 1-flag CTF along the top of a water slide would be interesting (i.e. grab the flag and slide down) but people may trip over the stairs.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:04 pm

Some pretty sweet suggestions so far! My intent with this thread is to eventually create an article from the various throughts. If you haven't posted a reply already, please do so! If you want to add in/edit what you've already posted, go for it! I'll be creating an article from this thread at the end of the month so no huge rush, but there is a limit as well.

Soak on!

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:05 pm

-In a medieval castle
-In an underground mine
-In a junkyard
-In a place full of shipping containers
And my favourite yet...
-In mid-air (each person getting his/her own hot air balloon)

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Hmm... The hot-air balloon is an interesting idea, though, one faces the danger of getting his flame shot out. (in that case, perhaps a parachute would be needed, but I don't know how that'd work)

Well, if I've got nothing better to do, I might make some concept maps, either in paint or in 3D. (though in that case I'd probably be better off making maps for FPS games)
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Washington and Lake Parks in Milwaukee. Look 'em up on Google maps and tell me those wouldn't be awesome battlegrounds.

Adrian

ETA: Also the Milwaukee Natural History Museum and Riptide Seafood Restuarant. The_Narrator, who is a big fan of Milwaukee showed me some picks of these sites. Fantastic.

Edited By Adrian on 1200766676
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:46 am

I have quite a few and you'd have to be a bit whacked in the head to fight me at most of them. Trip out on Google Earth to these:

Duxbury Town Forest - Duxbury, MA

Captains' Flats, [Duxbury Bay] MA

Clarks Island - Plymouth, MA

South Monomoy Island - Chatham, MA

Highfields [N Mill Rd] - Edgecomb, ME

Harkness Memorial SP - Waterford, CT

Blackrock Mountain - Harriman SP, NY

Mashomac Preserve - Shelter Island, NY

Central Park - New York, NY

Spanish Wells - [Eluthra Island] Bahamas

Luquillo Beach - Luquillo, Puerto Rico

Fairmount Park - Philadelphia, PA

Out of all these, the most interesting by far is Captains' Flats. Huge sandbar formation in the middle of Duxbury Bay. You could fortify anywhere, bring a shovel along with your gun lol. No fresh water so you'd better conserve what you can bring in. It gets mad interesting when the tide comes rolling in, all the sudden the fighting area really shrinks. The teams get forced closer and closer and closer...finally you're standing on the highest point fighting at point blank range. If no one wins, the tide will...
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

isoaker

Re: Dream Battle Grounds, 2008 - ^

Post by isoaker » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:03 am

I've been pondering about this for a little while. Some of these places would be cool and possible if the local security would allow; some are a little more fantasy-based, but would be fun were it possible, nevertheless.

- in the Colliseum in Rome, Italy, gladiator-style: need to have some large bales of hay or something on the arena floor to offer cover, but otherwise it's nothing but sun, sand, and heat between you are your opponents

- on the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France: lots of stairs, various levels and platforms, but while the iron girders offer some protection, a slight adjustment of positioning can open up means to soak another hiding around the corner

- in the International Space station: yeah, water's not great for all the instrumentation in there, but a water fight at microgravity would be quite fun; straight-line water streams. :goofy:

- in an abandoned steel factory (or something similar): some sort of large building/warehouse with various levels, stairs, plenty of hiding places as well as some open expanses for varying styles of water combat; no working machinery or electricity as well as no broken glass/rusty nails/etc left around, though, to reduce the chance of accidents

Some other locations, some mentioned before, are also places that'd I'd love to battle in:
- Eaton Centre (inside the mall), Toronto, ON
- Central Park, New York City, NY
- Boston Commons, Boston, MA
- Yellowstone National Park, WY
- Haleakala crater, Maui, HI

WaterWolf

Post by WaterWolf » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:19 am

Around a smallish lake, with lots of little islands scattered around it and surrounded by a variety of forest land.
This would open up the possibility of Naval Warfare.
Imagine, you could use small boats to transport troops across great distances, arm a battleship with WBLs and bombard targets on land, use the islands as supply depots and vantage points for WBL bombardment of the surrounding area. Think about a ship to ship battle, Pirates of the Caribbean style. Or perhaps a troop landing reminiscent of Normandy Beach.
Does that not make your mouth water?

This dream map isn't nearly as grand as most people's here, but I'd say its more likely that I'll get to fight at something like it, as there are several such lakes in Vermont.
The Maple-Mountain-Marines.

Terrifying, but oddly refreshing.
-B.D.

mkhadem

Post by mkhadem » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:39 am

hmmm....
I got a few:
Redwood forest( at sunset)
The empire state building(inside, if there was no one inside, except the ppl in the soak war. it would be cool with all the elavators and floors and doors.)
A maze ( labrinth) Something like The One in Harry Potter 4.
In a war zone( withought real war going on with bullets) (Ditches would be cool)
In tree houses ( ones with the bridges)
Inside a huge jumbo Jet. ( lots of place to hide)
Thats all i can think of right now.

mkhadem

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Fri May 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Taj Mahal, Great Pyramid, Niagara Falls Bridge

Anywhere picturesque enough is ok, but i'd be worried about safety on the niagara falls bridge.
Image[/

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Fri May 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Hmm, I'd play on a COD4-style battleground or maybe, if some technicalities could be avoided, (i.e. altitude, temperature, snow) Mount Everest Base Camp.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER