having soaker fight and need help

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
Soakerdude

Post by Soakerdude » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:34 pm

k so every once in a while i invite maybe 10 people 2 have a soaker fight at my house. Most of these people carry lighter guns like the liquidator or helix and i was awesome with my flash flood last year everyone feared me. This time though i have a cps 4100 and which should i use(the smallest nozzle like leaks out the entire tank for some reason) i still think flash flood because its light and a lot of these people r fast but im not sure help please? :soakon2:

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:46 pm

CPS 4100 beats the Flash Flood hands down. The FF IS the CPS pistol everyone was hoping for, but it can't match a good rifle.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

Hydroblade

Post by Hydroblade » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:57 am

I think you should use Flash Flood, they might expect you to use CPS 4100.As the person above said, the flash flood may be weaker, BUT they might not expect you to bring your FF.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:36 am

But if they are expecting a CPS 4100, what would be the plus in bringing a FF? They would probably be relieved that he didn't bring the CPS 4100. I say go with the CPS 4100. It may be a little on the heavy side, but it more than makes up for itself.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:41 am

Why not make a strap for the Flash Flood and use both?

If that would that be seen as unfair, go with the CPS 4100. Someone else might have since bought a Flash Flood, and that would mean your previous advantage with one would be reduced. It would be less likely that they would have bought something to match your CPS 4100.
SSCentral Forums - K modded forums.

ISS: Soaker Sagas - histories of soaking personnel and water blasters. Post your own today!

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:58 pm

Hydroblade wrote:I think you should use Flash Flood, they might expect you to use CPS 4100.As the person above said, the flash flood may be weaker, BUT they might not expect you to bring your FF.
Regardless of if they expect the 4100 or not, they still have to face it. There's not much you can do with a liquidator to prepare for a 4100.

By the way, I am a firm believer that in the right hands a 2006 MI Flash Flood with a backpack could take on some of the lower classed CPS rifles such as 2100 and 1200. The main shortcoming of the STE FF was its rediculously low capacity, which is remedied with the backpack. Also, I swear that the FF nozzle gets 2 or 3 more inches than last years, which is a nice boost :crazy:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

DX

Post by DX » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:56 pm

If they expect a 4100 and you bring a weaker gun, you are only shooting yourself in the foot. :p

It is true that Flash Floods in general [in terms of power, MI vs STE makes no difference whatsoever, I've fought against both many times] can take on lower classed CPS guns such as stock 1000s, 1200s, 2100s, etc. Beware the modded small CPS though, for you can't tell a power mod just by looking at the outside of the gun! They can even hold their ground [for a time] against larger weapons. But, ok/fair range is a greater factor against the FF than low capacity. Capacity does not matter much, I've shared a while back how to eliminate the stats of shot time and shots per tank from a battle. Those should be no worry, unless you are playing Soakfest. Backpacks can actually hurt your performance in a war, but that depends on the individual and the style of the style of the gameplay. <---not a typo, there are varying levels to which one can take a certain type of war, so that should factor into one's assessment of certain guns.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

Dr. D

Post by Dr. D » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:48 am

Duxburian wrote:If they expect a 4100 and you bring a weaker gun, you are only shooting yourself in the foot. :p

It is true that Flash Floods in general [in terms of power, MI vs STE makes no difference whatsoever, I've fought against both many times] can take on lower classed CPS guns such as stock 1000s, 1200s, 2100s, etc. Beware the modded small CPS though, for you can't tell a power mod just by looking at the outside of the gun! They can even hold their ground [for a time] against larger weapons. But, ok/fair range is a greater factor against the FF than low capacity. Capacity does not matter much, I've shared a while back how to eliminate the stats of shot time and shots per tank from a battle. Those should be no worry, unless you are playing Soakfest. Backpacks can actually hurt your performance in a war, but that depends on the individual and the style of the style of the gameplay. <---not a typo, there are varying levels to which one can take a certain type of war, so that should factor into one's assessment of certain guns.
Hmmm, capacity doesn't matter in your scenerios? It's one of the most important aspects of our games, especially with guns like my CPS 2500 and 4100 that chew through water. And you're positive that there's no difference between MI and STE FF's? I guess I was just suffering honeymoon syndrome....
:crazy:
n00b friend: "Nice SP 270!"
Me: "Uhh, it's
XP."
n00b friend: "Oh yeah! Nice SP 270 XP!"

Current Official USF Armory: Monster X, CPS 4100, CPS 2500 (shotgun), CPS 2100 (x3), CPS 1500, CPS 1200 (x3), CPS 1000, MI Flash Flood (x3) STE Flash Flood (x2) WW Orca

DX

Post by DX » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:02 pm

If you shoot using a certain style, shot time and the capacity of your tank are moot points. In wars, I take a lot of shots yet rarely ever have to refill. Using a CPS 2500, I have often gone the whole war without refilling once! I have not counted how many tap shots you could pull off with one tank, but the number is well above 70. If you do tap shots and never let your pressure fall below 3/4 of full, then there is no such thing as shot time for you. This only works for 1HK only. Take a shot, pump a few times, take a shot, pump a few times, you never run out of pressure or water. It is second nature and logical to me, yet so few people do it that I'm really confused. Taking full shots and running out of pressure is quite n00bish except in soakfest games. Capacity has never been a factor really, and is often the last thing on my mind. There are much more important things to worry about, so eliminating shot time and shots per tank eliminates enemy advantages against you as well as frees up time and energy that otherwise would have been wasted.

There might be some small paper differences between the models, but I couldn't care less as long as I can still sweep both from the field. :p

Edited By Duxburian on 1145379875
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

LtDan64

Post by LtDan64 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:17 pm

Quoted from Hydroblade:
As the person above said, the flash flood may be weaker, BUT they might not expect you to bring your FF.

Uhm, no, he said nothing like that.
I believe Adrian said:
CPS 4100 beats the Flash Flood hands down.

and:
The FF IS the CPS pistol everyone was hoping for, BUT it can't match a good rifle.

caps added.

Methinks you are making stuff up. Do not misquote people.
Nintendo: Ha, we have Sonic!
Microsoft: Yeah, but we got Rare.
Nintendo: .................................................................****!!

FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Wed May 10, 2006 2:29 pm

wait....the people you are fighting wield liquidators ? Honestly, even a glass of water can easily take a liquidator in OHK; just use that and don't honor those n00bs by fighting them w/ a beast like the 4100
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator

DX

Post by DX » Wed May 10, 2006 5:00 pm

Why on earth would you ever withhold the better weapon? Blow them all away and claim thy supremecy. Maybe it will even get the enemies thinking and cause them to raise the bar in their own armories.

Anyway, please check whether a topic is "live" or dead." Old and new don't matter as much as whether the discussion is current. This topic was pretty much over.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed May 10, 2006 8:23 pm

FinalFantasizer wrote:wait....the people you are fighting wield liquidators ? Honestly, even a glass of water can easily take a liquidator in OHK; just use that and don't honor those n00bs by fighting them w/ a beast like the 4100
If I would get challenged by someone with a Liquidator or an Aquasquirtz, I would soak them with any 20Xer and K-Modded gun in my collection. I would look like an insane soaker salesmen strapped with 5-7 guns around me just to crush some kid with a $10 blaster. Soaking someone who is completly outclassed is sometimes the most fun game to do. And people always need a little lesson.

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:41 pm

I think that you should definetly bring the better gun.(why wouldent you?)
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

FinalFantasizer

Post by FinalFantasizer » Fri May 12, 2006 9:25 pm

ZOCCOZ wrote:
FinalFantasizer wrote:wait....the people you are fighting wield liquidators ? Honestly, even a glass of water can easily take a liquidator in OHK; just use that and don't honor those n00bs by fighting them w/ a beast like the 4100

If I would get challenged by someone with a Liquidator or an Aquasquirtz, I would soak them with any 20Xer and K-Modded gun in my collection. I would look like an insane soaker salesmen strapped with 5-7 guns around me just to crush some kid with a $10 blaster. Soaking someone who is completly outclassed is sometimes the most fun game to do. And people always need a little lesson.

True, but just imagine how 1337 you would be, wielding a glass of water.
Armory:

CPS 12000
CPS 21000
CPS 27000
CPS 12000 (in the works)
CPS 3000 (w/ MI:Overload Backpack)
CPS Splashzooka
SC Big trouble
XP 310 & 270
MI Flash Flood
MI Overload
Douchenator

DX

Post by DX » Fri May 12, 2006 9:40 pm

That is until you use that glass of water. Always got to be thinking ahead. :p

Robin4286

Post by Robin4286 » Fri May 19, 2006 8:18 pm

CPS 4100 hands down.

I have been to 2 massive water fights (Both with 70+ people)

At one i used the 4100, The other i used a flash flood(cause the stupid trigger on my 4100 broke)

At these kinds of water fights where people dont know what they are doing, they will run if they see a 4100(wait untill they see a 2000...)

Long story short: 4100 pwns, Flash flood can get the job done if you have like 10 plus people with other guns to back you up.

Edit: Woah i didn't know i could spell that bad!

Edited By Robin4286 on 1148087984

forestfighter7

Post by forestfighter7 » Fri May 19, 2006 8:46 pm

If the people run fast at this war, then you should bring the 4100 and form a stragety to get around that example: ambush them! :laugh:
If you would like to join the Superior Water Attack Team please pm me.
The soaker chooses the user, Harry Potter...

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Fri May 19, 2006 8:46 pm

Were those fights 1HK of soakfest? If it was 1HK, you should think about starting a team. Or at least make some homemades. :laugh:

Edited By Scavenger on 1148089637