Need Help Planning - I could use a few guidelines....

Discussion of past, present, and future water war events.
XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:23 pm

I'm hosting a water war this weekend at my family reunion. I need some help with the problems below:

1. I tell people to take good care when using my guns, but I have some people that pump like crazy, and just today, someone busted my XP-70

2. Two particular members on Soakerman's team have a serious issue with obeying orders and betrayal (They'll just turn on you and drench you, and the fight goes nowhere fast)

3. Some ways to store water balloons onsite so people can get to them, since they're using the coolers for drinks. On-field usage would be great also.

Anything would help, thanks.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:35 am

Hmm... here are bits of my thoughts on each point:

1. I tell people to take good care when using my guns, but I have some people that pump like crazy, and just today, someone busted my XP-70

- before lending anyone any soaker, be sure they agree that if they break it or damage it, they'll either fix it or replace it with the same soaker or something of equal quality, otherwise don't lend.

2. Two particular members on Soakerman's team have a serious issue with obeying orders and betrayal (They'll just turn on you and drench you, and the fight goes nowhere fast)

- this one is hard. For those who don't take orders too seriously, only give them light duty and be prepared. Since there's no easy way to enforce things in a water fight, your only hope is to have the rest of the team prepared in case.

3. Some ways to store water balloons onsite so people can get to them, since they're using the coolers for drinks. On-field usage would be great also.

- large bags (garbage bags, etc) can be used to hold water balloons so long as they aren't being moved/carried (usually most garbage bags are ok sitting, but may tear if carried when full of water balloons). Plastic laundry baskets, plastic bins/totes, etc also make great waterproof containers for holding water balloons and even soakers when not in use.

These are just some ideas, but I'm sure others can give more.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:39 am

Thanks for the ideas so far :) . Anyone got any more ideas? especially with the betrayal part. ???

:soakon:

Edited By soakerman on 1121877629
ImageImage

Dacca

Post by Dacca » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:21 pm

i keep personal balloons in old tennis ball cases, but for open usage any sort of container works, from coolers to wadeing pools. and if anyone gets out of hand just dont let them play or sit a round out. that usualy works as long as they know your serious.
more reliable then a max-D trigger

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:34 pm

You could for number 2 try and be strict with them in a meeting and just say to them that if they carry on like this they will be booted out and not be allowed in your wars unless stop all this stupidness. The key to a successful team is when everybody gets on with each other and there is no disputes. Sometimes you do need to put your foot down to keep things under control.

Hopefully that may help.

150th Post! :;):

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:29 am

1) Don't lend guns! I'm not saying this to be selfish ( I lend guns all the time), but if you think someone's going to break your gun, don't lend it. Besides, it fun to see what kind of ingenius things people use to arm themselves during a whaterfight when they are denied the usage of a simple water pistol!

2) Unfortunately, the problem is not as easy to solve as simply threatening to kick them off the team. people like that are the people who view water warfare in a...*searches for the right way to say this*...slightly lighter manner, which is perfectly fine. They are probably only participating for fun, not for any sense of group satisfaction of team victory.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Adrian

Post by Adrian » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:03 pm

Before every major war, I always have people sign a statement of responsibility, basically saying that they're responsible for any damage they incur upon the property of themselves or others, or damage to their being. You might consider doing something like that.

For the two misbehavers, I'd say give 'em light pistols, and shoot them with heavy stuff if they get annoying.

Adrian
“To achieve a World Government it is necessary to remove from their minds their individualism, their loyalty to family traditions, national patriotism and religious dogma.”…..Brock Adams, Director, United Nations Health Organisation.

soakerman

Post by soakerman » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:51 pm

The deal is, they're family, so if you don't lend someone a gun, you might get a giant "go before your family and stand trial" scenario. And the betrayal thing starts of between the two; they're siblings. After that, its spreads to anyone in sight. They can stay on teams, but the smaller one always wants his brother on the team, and when we're in the middle of sneaking up, waterfighting between them erupts.
ImageImage

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:43 pm

Family members present a slight twist to things. At the same time, if they're family, both their parents and your parents should agree that if one breaks the other's water blasters, it should be fixed and/or replaced. That's only fair. If any parent disagrees, I'd question what sort of moral they are trying to each (i.e. it's ok to break someone else's stuff?)

Well, that's what I'd argue.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

Aquarius

Post by Aquarius » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:16 pm

I never lend soakers to anyone unless comfortable with them returning damaged, dirty, and/or with missing parts. I wouldn't even think of loaning a CPS gun for any reason, unless its of the SC series or maybe a FF.

I brought my beloved 2700 to a pool gathering recently and made it clear that no one, including family, was to lay a hand on it. The TA I did lend returned in such bad shape (it was brand new), I just let whoever wanted it take it home. :bm2700:

XP20Warrior

Post by XP20Warrior » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:39 am

Whew....

What a war. I had three guns broken, but one of them was kind of broken already. My 2 XP-20's broke when grown-ups squeezed the trigger very hard and snapped the plastic before it was even pumped!

Oh well, I can get those replaced.

I'll post a war story and team pics as soon as I can. But the war went really well, and my butt's sore from running all over the place. ???

We had a CTF game. I scored 1, and soakerman's team scored 2.
"Although it is a beautiful place among the stars, danger lurks in the shadows. That's what Alliance Command's for."

-Captain Ivan Reilly
IGA Intrepid
Closing Speeches After the Xidian Wars