Soaker Combos

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
of doom

Re: Soaker Combos - ^

Post by of doom » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:11 am

thanks.

robotwarsrules

Post by robotwarsrules » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:41 am

in my last water war i used two stingrays and a flash flood
My armoury
  • helix, flash flood, black widow, 2x jet, stingray

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 am

Wow, I haven't posted here... I like to use my trusty CPS 1000, with my XP 70 in my backpack.
Need the plants watered? Contact me.
Need the kids looked after? Look no further.
Need the laundry done? The solution right here.

SUPER SOAKERS TO THE RESCUE!

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Sat May 30, 2009 8:56 am

I tend to only use one large assault rifle like my Expedition or Vindicator or my friends CPS 1500 with usually no sidearm because I like to focus only on my main weapon and not worry about lugging around a sidearm or back pack. I have carried a smaller Max D 2000 or a generic squirt pistol in the past.

HBWW
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by HBWW » Sat May 30, 2009 11:44 am

Sidearms (handguns in particular) are good to carry if you can get them secured and not worry about them falling out.

This summer, I might go back to trying light dualie combos, such as FF + Max-D 5000 (or SC 400 if my 5k is having problems), for soakfests. For 1HK, I'll stick to the "pistol - rifle" style combination. Theres a reason why its like that in real war.

Here's a list of combos I'll probably use in the future.

Juggernaut: Dual-wield: [FF + (anything Max-D 3000 to FF)] + CPS 2100 or Max-D 6000 strapped on back
Assault/Commando: CPS 12k or 2500 + Max-D 2000 (or Liquidator)
Artillery/Long-Range Crewman or Sniper: WBL (+ necessary supplies) + SC 400 to Tiger Shark/MD6k
CQB: FF + Tiger Shark/MD6k

All combos with at least 2 .5L bottles and a sack of unfilled WB's
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

steelboot.
Location: workin, workin on the island, workin, all night long

Post by steelboot. » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:35 am

My XP 70 broke (sad face). Now I go CPS 1000 only, with water balloons in a Pringles can.
Water Warrior for three summers and counting.
Was captain of a team, but team disbanded due to lack of interest.
Still love soakers.
SOAK AND DESTROY = BEST GAME EVER

teamfear

Post by teamfear » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:35 pm

I just tried dual max d 5000s but one broke. Im fixing it but the combo was nuts.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:26 am

Strap modded MD6k and vanquisher with drilled fan blast, or the 6k and a CPS 2000.
I <3 6k's

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:38 pm

CPS 2700 and CPS 1200 xD
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

GJIV

Re: Soaker Combos

Post by GJIV » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Currently I am building up the SUPER CPS.

This gun is a "built together" of two mainly Soakers and some few things from others. FInished soon ! Pics and more information can be found in my theard "SUPER CPS" :) Let's see what comes out in the end :lol:

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:19 pm

I too, use Pringles' cans for carrying water balloons, though the MD5k sucks and breaks very easily, otherwise I'd dual wield it with a FF.

For this summer, I ought to try rocking out a new combo, something I just haven't done in a while. It may end up being FF + MD6k dual wielded, or something random like that. That'll only be for light-soak games where CPS's and hose nozzles are restricted from use.

For soakfests, I'll have to take it upon myself to at least dual wield a pair of 12k's, though the 2500 and 2000 are preferable.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:40 pm

When I was younger I used to duel weald two XP270s, it wasn't that fast though, I could baraly carry them (their broken now, thank a friends B-day party for that. They didn't want to step on them wile jumping on the trampoline so they through them up over the net, they would have been better off being steped on). Later I started duel wealding flash floods but that ended after they both broke. Curently I use my Vindicator with a 50oz water bottle and my Helix in my backpack. I'm thinking of trying to make some kind of back sheath for the Helix for quicker drawing, but might as make it for my steady stream, it's 10 times the gun the Helix is (guess I'm just stubern, I like the Helix for some reason). I would like to duel weald max D 2000s as a last resort, I boght 20 of them but they all had a factory defect!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Be sure to drop a thread in the repairs forum if you need help with the 270's.

Dual wielding's a lot of fun; it's unfortunate that doing so is pretty ineffective for hit based games though. Try dual wielding different blasters, which is what I end up doing most of the time as I usually only have one of each blaster.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Naugh

Post by Naugh » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:08 pm

My small arsenal limits my wielding options, but it already reflects my style, I guess.

My primary would be Flash Flood with a Max Infusion Overload Backpack (good range, good power, enough water and stuff) and my backup would be a Shotblast, because of its fast reaction and the fact that it has reasonable power and range (for a piston-based blaster). So that way, I try to get the best of both worlds.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:22 pm

Oddly, I never posted here.

I like to have a heavy weapon for my primary, usually the 2700, though if I ever get it working, my 1200/12K would also work. For back-up, I like to have a backpack with a smaller blaster like a MD 4000 or an Equalizer, or maybe even both if I'm running the 1200. I also carry a couple of water bottles for extra ammo.

But in our wars, I usually just carry one blaster, since the battles are so small and short. For these, the 1200 is my preferred blaster by far, since I like to have mobility, especially if I'm not going to wear my backpack anyway. I'd like to get some camoed cargo pants, so I could carry a real small blaster like a MD 3000 or XP 220 in the event that we end up playing OHS or CTF, which generally require more water than OHK.

I've never dual wielded though, and I really think it's more of a hinderance than a benefit, unless I'm on base defense, and need heavy firepower and a lot of water, and don't have my 2700, in which case I would probably use the 1200 and Vanquisher.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:34 pm

I have never used two guns at once but I would use my CPS 1200 and my WW Parana
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

Lil Chillbil

Post by Lil Chillbil » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm a big guy and I like to combo 2 super soaker 300s but since I don't have any 300s this summer I am going with my trusty xp 205 in one hand and my cps 1200 in the other with a backpack filled with as many water bottles as I can cram into that thing along with a helix and a 50 for safe keeping :ss50:

atvan

Post by atvan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 pm

Punctuation shall become thy friend. Please.
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple

1xalpha

Post by 1xalpha » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Well this depends on what role i perform in a war. I like defending best so I'll start with that set.

Primary: MD6K- Has decent range, great shot time, and very conservative with water in constant enemy waves. (Provided I'm not defending alone)

Secondary: CPS 1200- Great range and decent shot time, very good if I'm defending single area, but not my primary because this like all CPS' is a water hog.

Hand gun: Dual wielded hyrdo furies- Decent range for a gun this size. Also not bad shot time. The only time i would use a hand gun however is if I am running for refill.

Shot gun/Rocket launcher: Hydro Cannon- Awsome range and good spread with 600ml output per shot. Good for hitting multiple enemies at the same time. (However would only be used if enemies are grouped due to the extensive pumping)

Offensive set:

Primary: CPS 1200- This gun can pretty much take anything the enemy has to throw at it. Even larger CPS users know this isn't a gun to be taken lightly.

Secondary: XP 270- This little assault rifle has decent shot time and range. Powerful for its size and has the ability to be pumped fairly quickly. Also i have the ability to run full speed without fear of breaking this gun.

Hand gun: Dual wielded XP 220's: These little guys pack a punch for their size. The have very low water capacity but good at conserving when used correctly. Dual wielded makes you more flexible with aiming to.

Shotgun/Rocket launcher: The MI helix. The Helix is overall the best shot gun for any offensive task out there no questions asked.

Recon set:

Primary: SC 500- Decent range, and great used in tap firing. Small size makes it perfect for stealth missions.

Secondary: Bottle Blitz with 1.2 liter bottle

atvan

Post by atvan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:26 pm

How do you carry all those guns at once- do you have holsters?
DX wrote:In the neanderthal days of K-modding, people would lop off the whole PRV
Well, not that much soakage.
Beware the Purple