Soaker Combos

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
Andrew

Re: Soaker Combos

Post by Andrew » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:33 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Are there any threads about making holsters? I don't really know where to start.
A really simple method in this thread. Side panels (leather, cordura [webbing/assault vest material], whatever) sewn onto these straps would make the basic struture more rigid.

You might be able to find a real holster to fit it (either for a real pistol [one designed to fit a pistol with sure-fire sight attached might work] or a NERF). A standard pistol holster kinda fits a goblin/stingray at a squeeze. That NERF assault vest thing has a holster too. :goofy:

You probably will need a homemade holster to fit a Viper though.

My only gripe with leather is it can shrink if it gets wet, unless properly treated (but it can still rot).

the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:04 pm

I have used perhaps the weirdest combo ever Gorgon and T-storm duel wielded, the gorgon was on 0.67x and the T-storm was used to help pack a bigger puntch
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

the oncoming storm

Your Ideal Combos

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 am

Different Game types can change what blaster we use, so What Combos do you use (or want to) for each game type.

OHK Loadout CPS 2700k, with Viper or Hornet sidearm
OHS Loadout Classic 300, with Python 2 Sidearm
Soakfest Loadout CPS 3000, with XP 150 secondary, and duel XP 65 sidearms
Last edited by the oncoming storm on Sat May 11, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soakinader

Re: Your Ideal Combos

Post by soakinader » Sat May 11, 2013 12:20 am

What's the difference between OHS and OHK? Also, I am pretty sure that this belongs in the Soaker Combos thread.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat May 11, 2013 1:24 am

In one it kills, you're out if you get shot.

In one hit scores, you get points for shooting people. The shot person isn't out, but may have to respawn or something.
CA99 wrote:It's funny because you can get 5 water bottles and a pencil for much less than $90.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Sat May 11, 2013 12:06 pm

OHK rounds tend to be shorter due to the fact that each player only has one life, and makes mobility more of a concern than field life.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Sun May 12, 2013 10:14 pm

My last loadout consisted of a CPS 12k, 4 water balloons tucked in a fanny pack (and large plastic drink cup to protect), Max-D 2000, and 2 half-liters. I've made a few improvements to my loadout equipment for better mobility and convenience, but still have some things to work out.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

marauder

Post by marauder » Sun May 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Thread merged.

Ok, so, the guns that I chose are largely influenced by environment, number of enemies, and other factors. If I have to generalize I'll go with the following picks:

OHK: CPS 2000 with Aquapak devastator. APD nozzle modded with attachment to field fill waterballoons. I'd have my signature waterballoon bandolier and plenty of balloons. My 2000 would have a scope for spotting the enemy if we were playing in the woods.
OHS: Same as above.
Soakfest:
Loadout 1 - CPS 3200 with SC Power Pak and waterballoons
Loadout 2 - Gorgon (nozzle modded) with dual Storm 750s and waterballoons
Loadout 3 - Monster XL with Aquapak Devastator
Loadout 4 - CPS 2000 with Splashzooka and waterballons
Loadout 5 - CPS 2000 with Vindicator and waterballoons
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm

I really don't like using more than one soaker much. If it were going to be a long, drawn-out fight without much water around, I might go with something like a CPS 2000 or 2500 along with maybe a 3000 or an SC Power Pak. Most sidearms are too weak to be of any use, and you'd be better off carrying water bottles to refill your primary. I would definitely carry two 1500s or a 1500 and a 1200 (or a similar combo), except for the fact that the soaker that you aren't using bangs around whenever you try to run. There's absolutely no way I could fight like that. I guess carrying a soaker in a backpack would work, but it takes time to dig it out.

In my opinion, carrying two soakers is just too much of a hindrance most of the time. I suppose if I had a Power Pak I might try it in addition to my 2500 or something, but I don't, and I couldn't really use one in the types of environments I fight in anyway. I guess there's the Aquapak Devastator, but they have a Max-D trigger and I don't know how powerful they are. I always thought they were similar in power to a Flash Flood or Arctic Blast (on their main nozzles), which isn't enough for me.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Tue May 21, 2013 10:09 am

I've always been more of a CPS 12k or 2500 guy, but after MOAB I've taken more of a liking to the 2000. I do have to adjust to making every shot count, but the range benefits are worth adapting to.

I never carry more than one primary anymore. If I carry two blasters, the second one is probably a small Max-D. (2000 - 4000)

It's funny that most of the time, the simple loadout is the best: having just a single blaster maintains your mobility even if you can't refill easily. I've been rather torn between adapting this completely mobile play style vs. compromising on it a bit and carrying more equipment I can use.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 21, 2013 11:42 am

by Duxburian » Sat May 05, 2007 5:12 pm

I figured out today that I wield a single soaker much better than two or three
^This
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Tue May 21, 2013 2:22 pm

My current combos

All out, Super Soaker 300 with renegade backup
Skirmishes, Gorgon 5x nozzle drill with XP 20 sidearm
Close Quarters, Stone Cold 20x riotblast/Gorgon 10x riotblast, XP 20 sidearm

InTokyo

Post by InTokyo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:43 pm

greetings from Tokyo, Japan.

no major distributor has seen fit to offer a well-known line of water guns here....Nerf is sold, but only the foam dart variety. so we are reduced to various 'other brands', unless shopping on the good old internet.

however I was pondering the practicality of one of the battery operated jet washes, the handheld variety, and wondered if anyone had any practical experience of these. more for range than anything else, and yes I am aware of the safety issues....seems most of these operate around 45-90psi

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:27 am

Greetings from Canada!
Huh. That seems like a cool idea, not something I had ever seen or even heard of before. So it's like a battery powered weed sprayer, or more like a small battery powered pressure washer. I see ones being advertised for cleaning bicycles. I think if you could modify the nozzle then it could work (safely) as a water gun.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:47 am

Welcome! That sounds interesting. Do you have a link you could post to one of those?
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Googled "battery powered jet washer" and came up with this:
http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk/index.php
etc.
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

InTokyo

Post by InTokyo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:51 am

http://www.nomad-direct.co.uk/index.php ... p_83.html

This one is cordless. But a tad on the pricey side compared to what we are used to.....with the tank in a backpack it could be the closest thing to a minigun that water wars have ever seen.....ah well, dream on