large team loadouts

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
the oncoming storm
WWN League Team: Havoc

large team loadouts

Post by the oncoming storm » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:58 am

We all know that having large teams causes tactics and what is practical to change, so my question is... In a large OHK or OHS war at least 15 per side, in a small abandon subdivision with large woods surrounding it what would your loadout/s be ?

mine would be

CPS 2700k (45')
Cricket
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

HBWW

Re: large team loadouts

Post by HBWW » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:23 am

I used to have sidearms too, then gave up on them. The heaviest loadout I'd have these days are several bottles and balloons to accompany a 2000, but even that's pushing it. Bottles are generally not that easy to use because of all the downtime needed to reload: a backpack mod would be much more effective although the tube limits movement a bit.

At Frozen Fury 2013, I've been too paranoid of running out of water, that I ended up carrying too much and not shooting enough. Need to switch up strategies quite a bit. It's time to experiment with the new CPH bladder and/or with a backpack mod for the 2000.

Never fought with and/or against a larger team, so I don't know if it's worth sacrificing a little more mobility for some more water. This is where caching can make things interesting, but caches tie you down tactically if not hidden well. Also depends on gametype of course.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

SEAL
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by SEAL » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:00 am

It would depend if I were the team leader or not. If I were, I would probably go with a 2700 or a 300 (or a suitable homemade), but if I were just a regular troop, I'd use a 2000. Of course, it'd also depend on what everyone else is using. I don't think a team with nothing but 2000s would be a good idea.
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

marauder

Post by marauder » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:15 pm

It depends on what my team had, but most likely I'd be using a CPS 2000 until my XP Pool Pumper Blaster can get completed. If I had a working Aquapack Devastator I may use that as a sidearm.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:43 pm

It would likely depend on broadly what my role within the team is.
Also, I'm assuming each person supplies his own refill water in this battle?

Generally I like to travel pretty light, don't like backpacks very much, not that interested in sidearms. I'd probably take a mid-CPS/big-WW, some empty water balloons, and (if I have to) an extra reservoir or three worth of water in a backpack.

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:27 pm

I agree with marauder, but would also add that the terrain and enemy are something to certainly take into account. I watched the Frozen Fury video (super badass btw) and would imagine that fighting around those buildings would have favored something with more output and spread, whereas going up the hill would have favored something with more range. So, in the former the best thing you could have would be an MXL, if you had the brawn, and in the latter probably a 2000 - although people looked to be shooting a lot, so maybe a 2500 would be better. I was actually kind of wondering why the 3000 and 3200 weren't using typhoon in those close quarter settings. Of course, those battles didn't have 15 people on each side like you were talking about. I've never been in a battle that large, so I would really have to think of the circumstances.

jja

Post by jja » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:09 pm

My current loadout should work for this scenario, as it is designed to be as versatile as possible without reducing mobility.

Primary: Cps 1000

Secondaries:
Hydro-cannon Pressure chamber with Schrader fitting. as a pocket sized riot blast (esp for ambushes)
Small Homemade Stream machine (formally a bike pump) to load the hydro-cannon PC and for use around pools of water (if available)
Max-D 2000 (holstered)

Optional: (if the battle will be longer than my CPS 1000 can last) i would have my Gorgon in a rucksack along some refill bottles for the CPS 1000. Although this will make me slower and worse at dodging

@Cochise i think the idea was to say what you would use, not what you think is optimal. What would you bring?
Last edited by jja on Fri May 01, 2015 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cochise

Post by Cochise » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:52 pm

jja wrote:My current loadout should work for this scenario, as it is designed to be as versatile as possible without reducing mobility.
Secondaries:
Hydro-cannon Pressure chamber with Schrader fitting. as a pocket sized riot blast (esp for ambushes)
Small Homemade Stream machine (formally a bike pump) to load the hydro-cannon PC and for use around pools of water (if available)
That sounds really cool. Do you have a pic?
jja wrote:@Cochise think the idea what to say what you would use, not what you think is optimal. What would you bring?
Then OP is asking the wrong question...
Sun Tzu wrote:Now the reason the enlightened prince and the wise general conquer the enemy whenever they move and their achievements surpass those of ordinary men is foreknowledge.
I am the enlightened prince. :soakwcps2000:

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:33 pm

Conhise is very right about it being both what would you use and what is the optimum load-out for the terrain as they are interrelated, since that was almost 2 years ago I had to look at the first post to understand my own question. :goofy:

My thoughts on this have changed since then and I have acknowledged just how clumsy having a sidearm is, especially without a holster. With my current knowledge I think versatility is king, and having multiple nozzles of different useful sizes is best.

Blasters that display these traits best are...

SC Power Pak
XP 250
CPS 4100
CPS 2700
CPS 1500/1700 (ideally with a 3x added)
WW Vindicator
WW Gorgon (ideally with 5x and 10x added)

As for me I only have access to a working 250 right now as both my 1500 and Gorgon need fixing, but given the pump volume advantage on the 250 and the almost complete nozzle mods (5 and 10x replacing fan and shower) I doubt the others will get used much by me.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri May 01, 2015 10:31 am

Could you get a picture of the 5x and 10x nozzles and what it looks like firing them in action? That would be really sweet.
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri May 01, 2015 11:06 am

I will be happy to provide pictures M4, but first I need to add a laminator to the 10x setting, right now imagine a Gorgon 10X and you'll have a pretty good idea what it's like, even the sound is the same.