If You Were A Video Game Character

General questions and discussions on water warfare regarding tactics and strategies.
marauder
WWN League Team: Havoc

If You Were A Video Game Character

Post by marauder » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:51 pm

What would your special feature/trait be?

You can submit responses for what you'd like it to be and or what you think it'd be realistically, assuming there was a waterwarfare videogame.

I'm not sure what I'd like mine to be, but a very realistic trait that my character could have would be the ability to speed through the woods/thick terrain where other characters would have their speed penalized depending upon the thickness of the vegetation. If you were at MOAB you KNOW what I'm talking about :D
https://hydrowar.wordpress.com/
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Re: If You Were A Video Game Character

Post by the oncoming storm » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:09 pm

My special ability would be a faster than normal rush/charge for blitz attacks.
If you ever bother reading these, I worry for your mental sanity. :oo:

DX

Post by DX » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm thinking custom dodge moves that go faster than normal, or extremely responsive directional controls.
marauder wrote:You have to explain things in terms that kids will understand, like videogames^ That's how I got Sam to stop using piston pumpers

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:34 pm

I would be able to carry extra guns with little to no speed penalty. Depends on the weapons system used.

Anyone want to jump on Half-Life and start modeling water guns?
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

HBWW

Post by HBWW » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:27 am

Surprises and gimmicks. I'd be the character that falls to the ground with a Max-D drawn out once hit, or gains an extra water balloon at random points throughout the game. If doing badly or running out of water too much, a bonus water bottle would appear out of nowhere.

DX, you'd probably have something like Blink from Dishonored (Google it) lol, or infinite Evade+Sprint from Halo Reach/other games.
HydroBrawl Water Warfare

Discord: m0useCat

soakinader

Post by soakinader » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Also, when you are doing badly and you get that water bottle, you can chuck it at someone like a Molotov.
My friends call me Nader. My foes just run.
Photos relocated to: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151868511 ... 8741427445
I find 'em, I fix 'em.

marauder

Post by marauder » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Haha, that would actually be pretty cool. There was a waterwar half life mod under construction at one point, but they never finished it.
SEAL wrote:If you ain't bloody and muddy by the end of the day, you went to a Nerf war.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:54 pm

yeah someone needs to finish that mod, I know the half life weapons so I will list alternative water guns

9mil pistol ------------ Cricket
357 mag ------------ Speed Loader 1000
Sub machine-gun --- Splashzooka
Assault rifle ----------- CPS 1200k or 1000k
Shotgun --------------- Flash Flood (stream setting broken)
Grenade --------------- Water Balloon
RPG --------------------- WBL
Crossbow -------------- CPS 2000

scottthewaterwarrior
WWN League Team: Catskill Mountain SEALs

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:56 pm

It seams we are just talking about water war video games, which does limit things as I have a whole list of powers related to other stuff that I'd want.

For urban water war, I'd probably go with an RC car that has a one shot sprinkler on top that when activated sprays water in all directions. I would want this for forest wars as well, but I don't think an RC car could handle the terrain.
For wars in the woods I'd probably go with something that increases dodging ability. A par of Vipers with some sort of super charger type backpack and holsters would also be nice.

Would water bending be considered realistic? :P What about air bending to make the wind go in the direction you want? Lol!
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:17 pm

I would be invisible on the radar, and be unencumbered by heavy blasters and stuff (though I would have a low speed rating to begin with). I might have some sort of improved radar/enemy detection system as well, because I have excellent vision and sensitive hearing.

Maybe this would be better in the Humor section?
~Hotel Oscar Golf~

We probably won't be back, but the legacy lives on.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:26 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:It seams we are just talking about water war video games, which does limit things as I have a whole list of powers related to other stuff that I'd want.

For urban water war, I'd probably go with an RC car that has a one shot sprinkler on top that when activated sprays water in all directions. I would want this for forest wars as well, but I don't think an RC car could handle the terrain.
For wars in the woods I'd probably go with something that increases dodging ability. A par of Vipers with some sort of super charger type backpack and holsters would also be nice.

Would water bending be considered realistic? :P What about air bending to make the wind go in the direction you want? Lol!
Depending on the RC car, you could build one that could work in forests no problem.

I would kind of like a weapon that fired a big blast of air that could instantly break up any stream less than 20X. It would be kind of like a shield.

Nemesis

Post by Nemesis » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:19 pm

I would have some sort of super-stealth/invisibility. Also, my character would have extreme climbing skills.
"The world is yours" - Nas

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:51 pm

For a water warfare game, would love to have limited thermal-vision, improved aim, and perhaps some sort of "bullet-time" power in extreme cases where everything seems to go in slow-mo while I can precisely unleash torrents of water at my stunned opponents. :goofy:

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:12 pm

I think I'm the only one who actually posted an idea that kind of has some correlation to my abilities in real life :lol: I think DX would have some kind of crazy rapid fire special ability. But if we are going to come up with crazy stuff then yeah I would definitely like the slo-mo cam, because it would not only be super effective but would also be a lot of fun. I have actually thought about that with sports before. Can you imagine if a running back could see things in slow motion?

isoaker

Post by isoaker » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:04 pm

marauder wrote:I think I'm the only one who actually posted an idea that kind of has some correlation to my abilities in real life :lol:
Well, if I wanted real life, I'd go out and soak someone. :goofy: Being a video game, I'd want to do more than what I can do in reality.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com .:

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:16 pm

True. So I'll modify mine and say the ability to speed through thick terrain WITHOUT smashing my gun all to pieces. Now I have a complex repair ahead of me.

the oncoming storm

Post by the oncoming storm » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:43 pm

Give us a backstory M4

scottthewaterwarrior

Post by scottthewaterwarrior » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Actually the ability that I would really want would be an RC plane with a water gun on it. The problem is that it would have to be pretty big to carry the gun, and the other problem is the trees. Most the wars we have are in the woods, I'm a pretty top notch pilot but even with a camera mounted to the front their is a limit to what I can do. Hence the RC car booby trap.

I agree though, why play a game about water warfare, why not just do it for real? If I want a video game, I pop in Battlefield 1942 (which is what I have been playing all week!)
"If you are wet at the end of a water war, you are doing it wrong"
Van: "What happened?" SEAL: "Scott Happened"
Alex: "But the stream is cold." Me: "It's fine, my feet really hurt, now they're numb!"

marauder

Post by marauder » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:20 pm

We were about an hour into the first rivalry round of MOAB, and my team held a 1 nothing lead. After taking the lead we had been pretty intent on disappearing into the forest and engaging the enemy only from the darkest lairs and ambush laden spots on the map. That all changed once we found out Drenchenator had arrived. i can't vouch for CA99 or Duxburian, but i was driven to move by both fear and greed - two very dangerous and self destructive things if not held properly in check. Fear that Drenchenator wouldn't be able to find us. Fear that Drenchenator may unknowingly wander into someone's yard, causing a stir. Fear that the enemy would pick off Drenchenator and soak him before we could get there. Greed to get reinforcements and win by a much wider margin than 1 to 0. At least one of my concerns was legitimate.

About halfway through our journey to pick up Drench we caught sound of the enemy. It was a perfect attack. Half of their team was coming straight for us acting like they didn't see us. We had limited visibility to our left and couldn't see that their other players were coming around the other side of the road, which was on a ridge, and coming right for us. 'We need to move, now," i said. My main concern was that CA99 wouldn't be able to get away in time if we were attacked, and we would have to get away since we were outnumbered and had less powerful blasters. 'Patience, wait, for the right moment." Dux's concern seemed to be about not giving away our position if they hadn't picked up on us yet.

i ended up being right, but more out of unfortunate luck than out of predicting the enemy's movement. The enemy to our 12 o'clock (straight ahead from our direction of movement) was just a distraction. SEAL and someone else came roaring over the hill firing and everything became a blur. i don't even remember firing back, just said run, and there was some exchange about meeting at the pine woods. I'm pretty sure CA99 got caught in some blackberry thorns and hosed down with an MXL.

After that DX and I ended up split up and running for our lives, me with my modded SS 100, and DX with an XP 310. Our pursuers had a Monster XL, Blazer, the Modded Arctic Blast with the 42" range, and an XP 240. I don't fully know what happened to DX after this, he'll have to take over for himself here, but I just remember crashing through the woods and thickets like a madman with Chief hot on my trail. I remember thinking, "there's 2 types of vegetation - stuff you can smash through, and stuff that will smash you, run through the first." I knew that I could use my body weight momentum, and my blaster to crash through pretty much any blackberry thicket, section of tall grass, and even shrubs and small trees. I seriously smashed through two thickets and was able to get out of range of Chief, who had previously been firing shots at me while I was running for my life. That's when I tripped on a vine and smashed my 100 into a sweet gum tree in front of me. The barrel cracked. I thought I was a goner, but somehow I was able to scramble to my feet, dodge a shot, and then get out of range again. i ended up climbing a hill, and watching the enemy looking through the forest for us. Once they started getting close again I took off down the opposite side of the hill and ended up climbing about 65-70 feet up into a 100 ft tall Beech tree. After a while that's when I heard the sirens.

Maybe we need some kind of super power that charms neighbors and police into letting us play wherever we want to :goofy: and now you've just read a major part of my MOAB war story.

darthmeow

Post by darthmeow » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:19 pm

scottthewaterwarrior wrote:Actually the ability that I would really want would be an RC plane with a water gun on it. The problem is that it would have to be pretty big to carry the gun, and the other problem is the trees. Most the wars we have are in the woods, I'm a pretty top notch pilot but even with a camera mounted to the front their is a limit to what I can do. Hence the RC car booby trap.

I agree though, why play a game about water warfare, why not just do it for real? If I want a video game, I pop in Battlefield 1942 (which is what I have been playing all week!)
I happen to also fly RC planes. I think that you could mount a water ballon dropper in a large enough RC plane. What kinds of RC planes do you fly? I would say a 2 meter powered glider with a release for a water ballon dropper (or mount something goblin sized with a servo for the trigger) could work. The problem with RC planes is the only cheap ones are air hogs, and they are like the nerf super soakers of RC planes.